Matt Clarke - Joined on loan for the season AGAIN

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably want a guaranteed promotion push in the Championship, or a relegation battle in the prem.

Let's be honest, it has been a bit of a farce at our club this season, would you throw your player into the same environment a second time?

If we are hit with a points deduction Clarke could be coming to Derby for a fairly wasted season.

I wouldnt hold much hope of a return.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

A different experience? Weird comment to make like almost derogatory. 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Good news that Brighton don’t want him for their own first team yet at least. If he’s available for loan again, I see no reason why he shouldn’t come back here. He’s hardly going to get a loan higher up the pyramid.

There's one very simple reason why he most likely is not coming and there's zero derogatory in it. We are in the same place when Hull had hopes to loan Tomori again. He was send to us to have a different experience. This could chance if Cocu and his team would be changed now, but that seems highly unlikely... In a year, he has learned most our coaching team can offer to his development. Time for a new experience to aid the development even more.

I think it's better if people wouldn't put lot's of hope loaning Clarke again.

36 minutes ago, angieram said:

Ryan Conway from the Athletic saying nothing been decided yet. 

A little off topic, but how the F have Brighton just signed a Dutch International defender for £900k ??‍♂️??‍♂️
How have they managed to pull that one out the bag. Clearly a very active scouting network at Brighton. 

19 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

A little off topic, but how the F have Brighton just signed a Dutch International defender for £900k ??‍♂️??‍♂️
How have they managed to pull that one out the bag. Clearly a very active scouting network at Brighton. 

Phenomenal deal, Brighton’s scouting has been top notch ever since we beat them in the play offs.

Brentfords is also outstanding, we should really sit up and take notice. 

makes you sick that we have thrown away millions on absolute garbage 

25 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Read the article - it tells you how. ?

12 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Phenomenal deal, Brighton’s scouting has been top notch ever since we beat them in the play offs.

But we don't scout players though do we that's the crucial difference.

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Good news I hear on the Clarke front, a Brighton fan has told me, he will be signing on a season long loan, in 2 weeks time. 

If true that's our centre back pairing sorted , need a winger, a forward and left back now.  And a goal keeper as well. 

We certainly don't need a left back - in fact we could do with loaning out one if not two.

19 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Funnily enough, Brighton’s current Head of Recruitment is our Ex-Head of Analysis, Paul Winstanley.

He joined them in the September 2014.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

We certainly don't need a left back - in fact we could do with loaning out one if not two.

Love Forsyth to bits, but can not see him playing all season. 

Lowe and Malone not good enough, sell both if we can, and bring in 1 more, more quality required at left back if we want to be in the play offs. We allow far to many balls into our box from both full back areas, this needs sorting if we are going to improve next year, sure Mr Cocu has identified this already though. 

50 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Lowe and Malone not good enough, sell both if we can, and bring in 1 more, more quality required at left back if we want to be in the play offs. We allow far to many balls into our box from both full back areas, this needs sorting if we are going to improve next year, sure Mr Cocu has identified this already though. 

Doubt he shares your opinion so we'll have to wait and see. If we have a finite transfer budget then I'll be surprised if any of it is used for the left back position - goalkeeper, CB, proper winger and now CM has gone, at least one striker with pace.

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

Agree with all that. I just don’t think Lowe is the answer. Not good enough at defending or getting forward and putting decent crosses in. Sell him and Malone, bring in someone better and have Forsyth and Buchanan as back up....

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why isn't this Marriott?

While I like Marriott and certainly think he's got the potential to score a lot of goals at this level in the right setup I think it's a valid argument that he's never been at his best when we've been playing patient possession football. 

His best games for us have been when we've played a slightly different style, either high pressing winning the ball high up the pitch and playing quickly through the lines eg west brom away or the cup games in the lampard season or with a partner up front who can do the dirty work for him eg Leeds in the play offs. Even going back to his first season he's struggled when teams have sat in and we've had to build up play patiently.

His strengths are making runs behind and his instinctive finishing, asking him to be involved in the build up too much takes away from that. I also think he lacks the physical strength to hold defenders off meaning he has too drop too deep to get the ball at his feet, this allows the opposition defenders to push up and means there is no space for our midfielders to play in hindering our build up.

Add all that with his poor injury record and I think there's enough to cast doubt on if he's suitable to lead the line as first choice this season.

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

A different experience? Weird comment to make like almost derogatory. 

What? This normal for most clubs in the top leagues - you want your youth players to experience a variety of different scenarios, coaches, environments, managers, tactics, etc rather than just going to the same place again and again and again. Not everyone is out to get us- nothing derogatory in it at all, but even if there was you can't exactly blame them considering the nonsense that has occurred off field this year.

Archived