Ideas for a birthday

erathirea

31 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

He's become the PM? I thought he'd signed for Blackburn. Looking forward to Bradders Brexit plan.

He'd see the way forward, use his strength, and just when you think something good might come from this move, he'll bugger up the simplest of things and we'll be in the poo.

but anyway, Bradley Johnson probably a good signing for Blackburn.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, erathirea said:

I know someone who is about to have a "milestone" birthday. (y'know, like, 40/50/60)

Don't want to give too much detail, on the off chance they are on this forum!

I want to organise a series of "experience" type things, thoughtful stuff.

They are a big Derby fan, so wanted to do something related to the club (not a season ticket holder, though)

I don't have a huge budget, but I do have some budget - does anybody have any suggestions/ideas of how expensive some type of matchday experience might be? Or other options/thoughts.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

If you can spare the time go to Moor Farm and when the players come out of training get them to sign a ball, or a shirt. An item with all the squads signatures on from the year of said birthday is nice and personal.

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

The miserable gits seem to be out in force today. I put it down to either the hot weather or Johnson becoming PM.

It was the weather to be honest... or rather the fact that I was missing it, being stuck in the bloody office all morning!  It only seems a week ago since I was on site all day... and it never stopped raining!  :-(

Either way, apologies for my earlier grouchiness... just spent the last 3 hours in the garden, so I've perked up a bit now!  :-)

7 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not my clappers or scarves either.

Framing is just about acceptable. Wearing it about though? No.

Hey, @David‘s just reaching out again.

I think we need to keep you at arms length you little mood hoover.

Quite a good cheap gift is to buy the programs for the first home game and away game and even fa cup game after their date of birth, could even stretch to getting them framed, you will be able to get the programs for around £5 each on eBay.

On 24/07/2019 at 09:23, erathirea said:

I know someone who is about to have a "milestone" birthday. (y'know, like, 40/50/60)

Don't want to give too much detail, on the off chance they are on this forum!

I want to organise a series of "experience" type things, thoughtful stuff.

They are a big Derby fan, so wanted to do something related to the club (not a season ticket holder, though)

I don't have a huge budget, but I do have some budget - does anybody have any suggestions/ideas of how expensive some type of matchday experience might be? Or other options/thoughts.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Get him an invite to the demolition of the City Ground he will love that?

On 24/07/2019 at 09:48, ram59 said:

If he's a golfer, I believe there is a Derby County former players golf association which play a charity event each summer, with each four ball having an ex player. 

Is Paul Green involved....

22 hours ago, erathirea said:

Thanks for all the suggestions guys - went out on a limb and *VERY* pleased with the result ?

Doing it this season before we become Champions has saved you a few quid too. Well timed ?

Archived