Ideas for a birthday

erathirea

I know someone who is about to have a "milestone" birthday. (y'know, like, 40/50/60)

Don't want to give too much detail, on the off chance they are on this forum!

I want to organise a series of "experience" type things, thoughtful stuff.

They are a big Derby fan, so wanted to do something related to the club (not a season ticket holder, though)

I don't have a huge budget, but I do have some budget - does anybody have any suggestions/ideas of how expensive some type of matchday experience might be? Or other options/thoughts.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, erathirea said:

I don't have a huge budget, but I do have some budget - does anybody have any suggestions/ideas of how expensive some type of matchday experience might be? Or other options/thoughts.

A fun away day? Would probably be more fun for someone who doesn't go to the games that often and if you signed up as designated driver they wouldn't have to worry about a few drinks with the lads

Hospitality prices are on the website, you're looking around £130pp https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/hospitality

You could also have an announcement on the big screen at half time wishing them happy birthday, announcements are £10 but it all goes to Alzheimer’s Society charity https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/matchday-announcements

The club do stadium tours for an hour at £10 a person on a Sunday, many are sold out as they are limited spaces https://www.dcfc.co.uk/toptix/en-gb/categories/tours

They used to do Moor Farm tours but not seen them mentioned for a while, not sure if they have been stopped now but if you have a pair of binoculars there's a road which runs down the back of the training ground which is tourist spot. 

Other options would be getting a shirt with the age printed on the back, who doesn't like being reminded they are an old fart? 

9 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Up there with half-and-half scarves and clappers for me.

It's not for your birthday though.

They could get in touch with the SLO, ask if it can be signed by the players and have framed. Could be a nice memento for a milestone, especially if it turns into a memorable season.

3 minutes ago, David said:

They could get in touch with the SLO, ask if it can be signed by the players and have framed. Could be a nice memento for a milestone, especially if it turns into a memorable season.

Not my clappers or scarves either.

Framing is just about acceptable. Wearing it about though? No.

3 minutes ago, David said:

You're fighting a losing battle of persuasion there David - @DarkFruitsRam7's memory seemingly gets erased on a weekly basis, usually following excessive consumption of his choice of fizzy apple......?

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Not my clappers or scarves either.

Framing is just about acceptable. Wearing it about though? No.

Well I'm glad that gets your seal of approval as I was about to take mine down ?

Very much each to their own, like you I wouldn't really want to wear a shirt with 40, 50 or 60 on the back, but some do and that's fine.

Just floating ideas out there as suggestions, without knowing the person and that's all you can do. Now if it was your birthday, a sock and a pack of dark fruits, job done. 

9 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Lampard 8 on the back of a Derby shirt is heinous. As tin pot as everyone wanting orange shirts because we have a Dutch manager. 

Or bouncing around like a foul mouthed demented Zebedee impersonator, in a  futile attempt to prove they are "More Ram" than those that remain seated, by publicly declaring their non-affection for all things crimson!

Tin pot indeed.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Just floating ideas out there as suggestions, without knowing the person and that's all you can do. Now if it was your birthday, a sock and a pack of dark fruits, job done. 

I do have a sock-related story in the same realm as Hillsborough but I’ve learnt my lesson.?

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Or bouncing around like a foul mouthed demented Zebedee impersonator, in a  futile attempt to prove they are "More Ram" than those that remain seated, by publicly declaring their non-affection for all things crimson!

Tin pot indeed.

The miserable gits seem to be out in force today. I put it down to either the hot weather or Johnson becoming PM.

Archived