I want a signing today!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

I don't want any signings till deadline day. I love a good deadline day.

Last year was the only deadline day I remember us doing anything remotely positive.

We are proper skint aren’t we? The whole thing about bringing the academy players on is very laudable but in reality how many are really going to be good enough to get us promoted? 

We are going to need to have the patience of saints because the squad as it stands is nowhere near good enough to challenge the top six. 

19 minutes ago, Jayram said:

We are proper skint aren’t we? The whole thing about bringing the academy players on is very laudable but in reality how many are really going to be good enough to get us promoted? 

We are going to need to have the patience of saints because the squad as it stands is nowhere near good enough to challenge the top six. 

Calm down buddy. Don't write them off just yet.

24 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Don't be a drama Llama - Club's heading in a new direction, isn't it more rewarding than seeing Derby spunk millions on average players who haven't got us up?

40 minutes ago, Jayram said:

To be fair yes, we are clearly very skint.

Promotion seems to no longer be the priority and I would imagine the aim now is to try and raise as much money as possible by selling academy players hoping that promotion just happens...there is nothing to suggest this won't be successful of course.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Promotion seems to no longer be the priority and I would imagine the aim now is to try and raise as much money as possible by selling academy players hoping that promotion just happens...there is nothing to suggest this won't be successful of course.

Brentford?

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The Bradley Johnson deadline day was good, but nothing will beat when we got Ince and Lingaard...we won the league that day ?

I would have said signing lingaard cost us the league or promotion- unbalanced us dreadfully ( lots of injuries as well) playing Ince and lingaard who are both good players but never did the defensive side of the game at the expense of ward and Russell

The club can't win. When we make loads of signings we are being irresponsible, when we make loads of loan signings we are blocking the pathway to the first team, when we decide to scale back and use loan signings we are skint and desperate.

Just relax, see what happens and when we all turn up or tune in to the first game of the season get a proper look at the boys and what they can do. It'll be fine.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Getting the playing staff assessed is vital. Move out those that do not fit then fill the weak areas with loans or permanent signings. Dowell looks a good replacement for Mount. Academy players will need half a season to establish themselves as Championship players so we need to be patient. Knight is clearly close to lots of sub appearances leading to become a regular player. If Evans makes it as CH that is a triumph. If Zoon/Anya/Martin fulfill their potential then we know that we have an outstanding manager. Frankly I would not be astonished if these three look like excellent new signings by Xmas. We have more astute coaches than perhaps ever before. Identify the players' weaknesses, tell them what to do, if they do not take notice then who can they blame? We need to eradicate the performances where half our players had an off day on the same day. 

1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

This season our team doesn't have the quality to compete . Cocu gets a free pass first season 

With a couple of additions it has more than enough quality and a very high profile manager. I don’t buy this building for the future lark. I have heard that before. I assure you, if we don’t finish top 6, cocu will be out the door.

1 minute ago, Floppy Sausage said:

With a couple of additions it has more than enough quality and a very high profile manager. I don’t buy this building for the future lark. I have heard that before. I assure you, if we don’t finish top 6, cocu will be out the door.

Nonsense about cocu being out the door if we dont get top 6. Unless the football is dire and you cant see what cocu is building, we wont sack him

5 hours ago, blackNwhites said:

It's fantastic for Derby, I'm as relaxed as an Amsterdamion (Amsterdaminion?, Amster's?, Amsterdamido's?) In the coffee shop.

Amsterdamian apparently. Just got back from visiting my uncle and had my 2013-14 shirt on. Got quite a few reactions seeing the shirt and a couple of people amazed we've got Cocu.

Archived