I want a signing today!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was hoping we’d have some fresh blood in once back from the US.

Squad is seriously wafer thin, out wide and in midfield. Seeing guys like Knockeart and Costa get loan moves is abit worrying, game changing players. We don’t seem to be linked to a soul, just articles rather suggesting names.

Romain Sawyers under three million, we should be straight in there 

I think Cocu genuinely likes our young players, and isn't going to sign someone for the sake of it when it hampers minutes for promising players.

You'll see loans, but majority maybe after the Premier League teams name their 25 man squads.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

I think Cocu genuinely likes our young players, and isn't going to sign someone for the sake of it when it hampers minutes for promising players.

You'll see loans, but majority maybe after the Premier League teams name their 25 man squads.

If this is the case that is all okay with me, but fans are going to need serious patience next season because we may well be way behind a fair few teams.

It could be a long old season.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If this is the case that is all okay with me, but fans are going to need serious patience next season 

I

Exactly what this thread lacks ....

Finance is the main restriction , then philosophy  of bringing on youth  ..... even loans will fit in with this, no old lags.

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If this is the case that is all okay with me, but fans are going to need serious patience next season because we may well be way behind a fair few teams.

It could be a long old season.

I don't think we will be too far behind, I mean, be top 10 for sure. I think most would be disappointed if we were out of play off contention come into the final few games. 

Just be prepared for mistakes that you get with youngsters, equally, the joys of playing with the freedom they have. It'll be fun, and in my opinion, so much more meaningful if they do well.

1 minute ago, blackNwhites said:

Doesn't the loan window shut on August 31st? Plenty of time yet.

Having said that, I'd be quite happy to see the likes of Bird getting some serious game time. Including the hype youngsters Sibley and Knight.

I love a bit of home grown.

Nah they changed it.

"A statement from the EFL read: “The deadline for Championship Clubs for all incoming permanent and loan registrations will close at 5pm on Thursday 8 August, 2019."" 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/championship-transfer-window-2019-efl-next-season-premier-league-news-a8911346.html

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

Nah they changed it.

"A statement from the EFL read: “The deadline for Championship Clubs for all incoming permanent and loan registrations will close at 5pm on Thursday 8 August, 2019."" 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/championship-transfer-window-2019-efl-next-season-premier-league-news-a8911346.html

Blimey, still, I'm not that bothered. Has been a breath of fresh air this year with the lack of links. Saying that, we weren't exactly linked with any of the players we signed last year, certainly the permanent ones. I think Mount was the only serious link we had? 

It's the year of the youth player. I think this management team is better equipped than even last year's management team to bring through youth players, I'm still absorbing the fact we've got Cocu as manager, and the two other Dutch guys have come across bloody brilliantly in their interviews.

It's fantastic for Derby, I'm as relaxed as an Amsterdamion (Amsterdaminion?, Amster's?, Amsterdamido's?) In the coffee shop.

19 minutes ago, blackNwhites said:

Blimey, still, I'm not that bothered. Has been a breath of fresh air this year with the lack of links. Saying that, we weren't exactly linked with any of the players we signed last year, certainly the permanent ones. I think Mount was the only serious link we had? 

It's the year of the youth player. I think this management team is better equipped than even last year's management team to bring through youth players, I'm still absorbing the fact we've got Cocu as manager, and the two other Dutch guys have come across bloody brilliantly in their interviews.

It's fantastic for Derby, I'm as relaxed as an Amsterdamion (Amsterdaminion?, Amster's?, Amsterdamido's?) In the coffee shop.

Let's hope by the end of August your not on a come down overcome with paranoia.

Archived