I want a signing today!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Sky every year they list the signings and players who leave every Prem club. Every year the Prem teams buy hundreds of millions of pounds worth of players and 98% of the outgoings are going for nothing or peanuts. So many duff signings with no resale value. Unbelievable.

23 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yep. Unfortunatly, we do not have the wriggle room or probably the will of the chairman to spunk 20 million on the Dacks etc.  I can count few players we have produced, maybe 8 or 9 in the last 30 years that have been top end championship players and only a few that were of a higher standard. There may be a couple in the current crop but that's if were lucky.   Realistically we cannot hope to achieve top six by shoving a load of kids into the squad and telling them to try there best, in fact it would probably finish them off unless they had exceptional talent to cover the nerves.  There have been some good freebies available - Adomah for example would have been a decent shout .  To be honest all this crap with Lampard has set us back a month.   We need at least 3 or 4 decent players with experience to come in or it will be a long old winter .

Yes, good shout. 

Come home from work every day, come straight on here to have a look at any signing/s and again its a Nahhhhh

I have got faith in the youngsters but with a manager not held a position in the UK before I was hoping we might get some sort of hidden gem that only he and his contacts would know about.  oh well always tomorrow. lol

Is Cocu more happy with the squad than he thought that he would be? Is no news good news? Evans may be the surprise of the season. Zoon, Anya and Martin may have good seasons despite our former opinions. They must be capable of doing what they are asked, maybe they were not told what they needed to hear. Article from Arthur Numann on.here seems to make it clear that Cocu just tells them straight to their faces what to do and what not to do. We shall see. Probably just learn about the young guns tonight. Big game for them.

Archived