Pre Season Friendly v Burton Albion (A)

EnigmaRam
Message added by Day

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Match officials just got medals for this game ? Amazing.

So this has to be considered major silverware, no? 

Waghorn just got given a glass pint glass/tankard for being MOTM.

By the way, this trophy is huge. I think its bigger than the Champions League trophy.

Just now, cosmic said:

This cup ceremony seems hugely unnecessary.

Savor it. At the end of the season, this will be our greatest memory of this season.

Oh no sorry, the trophy isn't that big - it was sit on a wooden plinth showing of all the previous winners that looked like it was the trophy itself. 

Thank god, Keogh would have done his back in for the season if he'd had to lift the whole thing.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Oh no sorry, the trophy isn't that big - it was sit on a wooden plinth showing of all the previous winners that looked like it was the trophy itself. 

Thank god, Keogh would have done his back in for the season if he'd had to lift the whole thing.

What both of them?

Think what you will of Bywater's goalkeeping ability, but there's no goalkeeper alive who's better, or faster, at converting the movement of a failed save attempt into a position from which he can comfortably look disappointed at his defenders.

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

What both of them?

Look, it had like 40 little engraved shields on it. I don't pretend to know what was on the shields, I was just making a guess based on previous trophy engravings ? 

Maybe it was all the people who'd chipped in to buy it.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Waghorn just got given a glass pint glass/tankard for being MOTM.

By the way, this trophy is huge. I think its bigger than the Champions League trophy.

Pretty sure the base of it is a life size replica of Chichen Itza

Archived