Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Have to say, I'm not to sure I'm that excited about this .  Winning the Dutch league with Eindhoven does not have a particular wow factor as only two clubs ever win it with the occasional cameo from Rotterdam.  McClaren with FC Twente was far more impressive .  Much rather have tried and tested championship achiever . 

He won it 3 times in 4 years off the back of Ajax winning it 4 times in a row. The season after he left, Ajax won again.

Its a bit different to going in and winning a one-off title. PSV hadn’t won a title since 2008 so it’s not as if he inherited a squad of Champions. Not only did he win the league but he built the squad to be consistently dominant. I think that’s impressive whatever the league.

I can't believe people have fell for this wind up!

Twan Scheepers is a theme park on the outskirts of Merthyr Tydfil.

Personally I wouldn't recommend it, there's only 2 rides and the queues are massive.

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Have to say, I'm not to sure I'm that excited about this .  Winning the Dutch league with Eindhoven does not have a particular wow factor as only two clubs ever win it with the occasional cameo from Rotterdam.  McClaren with FC Twente was far more impressive .  Much rather have tried and tested championship achiever . 

I genuinely can’t understand the excitement about this either. I will of course support whoever takes over but I think this sudden reverence for Cocu is ridiculous. What does he know about the Championship? Will he be able to manage without being fully funded like he was at PSV? If he was that good why was he sacked from his last job after 4 months? Not at all convinced by this.

32 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We've got Cocu... 
Phillip Cocu...
I just don't think you understand.. 
He's Morris's man.. 
He's better than Zidane.. 
We've got Phillip Cocu.

If we don't roll that out then we've failed. 

We've got Cocu... 
Phillip Cocu...
A genius from The Netherlands.. 
He came from PSV..  (artistic licence)
After title number 3.. 
We've got Phillip Cocu.

?

1 hour ago, Topram said:

A writer for the Chelsea Echo says Shay Given has turned down the chance to go to Chelsea! Will he stay here?

Makes sense with Shay not named with Lampard, Morris & Jones as having time off.  This would be good news if he stays as it provides some continuity and knowledge of the current squad.  I assume he’s been assured of a role with the new team and possibly been given an incentive to stay.

7 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I genuinely can’t understand the excitement about this either. I will of course support whoever takes over but I think this sudden reverence for Cocu is ridiculous. What does he know about the Championship? Will he be able to manage without being fully funded like he was at PSV? If he was that good why was he sacked from his last job after 4 months? Not at all convinced by this.

Alan Pardew now that's a proper football man.

11 minutes ago, Jayram said:

As per @Nuwtfly tweet. There was more going off at Fenerbache as to why he didn't last long. 

Archived