New found respect

Mafiabob

For Mel.....

Please don’t merge thread mods.

Thought if I walked into a room without knowing him, and he talked the way he did then on TalkSport, I’d have walked thinking I met a honest, genuine and realistic person.

Get the flags out, the Mafia is turning 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

For Mel.....

Thought if I walked into a room without knowing him, and he talked the way he did then on TalkSport, I’d have walked thinking I met a honest, genuine and realistic person.

I had you down as more likely to have a bet on the Grand National before coming out with this old squitter. Stay strong Buddy, stay strong.

23 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

For Mel.....

Same.

I admitted the same on the TalkSport thread. I’ve slowly converted.   

Ownership has been a learning curve for the once “Mad” Mel Morris. I could list a load of bizarre and stupid decisions that were obvious even without hindsight, but I much prefer this iteration of his ownership. Can’t help but feel we’re in safe hands. The reactions to that interview from non-Derby fans speaks volumes. After listening to what he had to say on a number of topics, I’m not sure I care if Frank Lampard stays or goes anymore. Whatever happens, Mel has the best intentions of the club and is (now) appearing to approach things in the right way. Long may that continue.

Refuse to sincerely refer to him as “Uncle”, though. 

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions...promises and plans must be put into action, otherwise they are useless."

A cliché for every occasion!

He comes across well as a businessman, but we're still where we are. The next appointment will be vital. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions...promises and plans must be put into action, otherwise they are useless."

He comes across well as a businessman, but we're still where we are. The next appointment will be vital. 

Did HE come across as grumpy and bitter?

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They always are, Roy Mac! And so bloody hard to get right.

At least he loves you, though.

Breakfast club taught me/us in attendance that whilst his decisions might not always be right, he's an intelligent and dedicated bloke who does actually want what's best in the long term. I never got the impression of Mel being someone with ulterior motives or an underlying agenda.

Quite publicly, he wants Derby to be in the PL and he wants to leave a legacy of a great football club behind.

I got the feeling, and he alluded to it, that he won't make decisions to "appease" fans going forward, which is the only reason we can explain appointing Nigel Pearson a few years back.

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

for what mate?

to deny you and me moaning rights? ?

9 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

For Mel.....

I listened to some of it while at work but annoyingly I had to actually do something and missed the latter part. Now having listened to the whole interview, taking into account that it was planned some weeks ago and he could have just cancelled it due to the circumstances, his stock has gone way up in my estimation.

I want us to go up because I'm a Derby fan from the bottom of my heart but it will make it a tiny bit sweeter to see Mel's smile when he takes the plaudits on promotion day.

Its gonna happen on Mel's watch, its the Derby Way, like it did for Sam Longson and Lionel Pickering ?

Archived