Suggestions for the next Derby manager

3 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

Throwing the cat amongst the pigeons - but you know a cracking place to keep your bananas?

The freezer.

It's like a healthy banana ice cream.

And don't get me started on frozen grapes. Orgasmic.

this is why I ask, I was looking at recipes for my new Magic Bullet thingey and it said "frozen banana" as an ingredient. I refuse to put one in a fridge on the basis that twenty years ago, I did, and it went purple, but I didn't notice cos the bulb had gone, and I sat in the dark and ate it, and had the forests for about three days. Only when I turned the lights on to lock up and go to bed, I noticed a purple banana skin on the table!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Rafa is creeping up for some reason. He has similar odds to Monk wtf?

And we talk about loyalty....but if Rafa was announced along with the huge foreign investment being promised and based soley on him getting the job...

Then I would piggyback Frank to London even if he begged to stay the whole way..

PS anyone else getting the link about Gerrard and an £8milliin approach? Seems unlikely, but would not mind it.

Even if Chelsea finally go to WH Smith and purchase a pen for Lampard to sign his contract with, we may have to allow a couple of days for Phil Neville's hangover to subside after England win the World Cup.

That takes us to around July 10th.

So, it may be that the first team will have to train with the Under 23s until then. Mind you, around half of them are used to that already.

I'm looking at you Martin, Anya, Butterfield, Blackman and ? Thorne.

16 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Because people are placing bets on him. Mystery solved.

More fool them then.

Why would anyone think Rafa would come to a Championship club? Actually let me rephrase that: Why would anyone think Rafa one of the best managers in world football, come to a championship club with peanuts to spend and offers from China are on the table?

cloud cuckoo land some people live in.

Just now, Papahet said:

More fool them then.

Why would anyone think Rafa would come to a Championship club? Actually let me rephrase that: Why would anyone think Rafa one of the best managers in world football, come to a championship club with peanuts to spend and offers from China are on the table?

cloud cuckoo land some people live in.

I think they think we are on the same level as a Newcastle who had hundreds of millions of pounds to spend in prize money and parachute payments.

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I think they think we are on the same level as a Newcastle who had hundreds of millions of pounds to spend in prize money and parachute payments.

same reason he came back from Spain - his family are here - and settled on the Wirral.

if the family tug is going to be that big. - I cant see him going to China unless they are going with him - doubt it

Not all about money guys sometimes  - cos he went from Madrid to Newcastle - Rafa is rich enough - yes you would have to pay him a lot - but anyone comes in on the Geordie salary might bag him.

Not saying MM would do that (of course love him to come here) - but I think China ain't for everyone.

7 minutes ago, irobinson said:

same reason he came back from Spain - his family are here - and settled on the Wirral.

if the family tug is going to be that big. - I cant see him going to China unless they are going with him - doubt it

Not all about money guys sometimes  - cos he went from Madrid to Newcastle - Rafa is rich enough - yes you would have to pay him a lot - but anyone comes in on the Geordie salary might bag him.

Not saying MM would do that (of course love him to come here) - but I think China ain't for everyone.

If someone comes in on Newcastles wages im sure they could snag him. We wont be paying a manager anywhere near £6 mill per year though.

I also fail to see why one of the best managers in the world would drop down to the championship to take charge of a team with no money. Newcastle was a completely different situation.

Archived