Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 1961ram said:

Sorry if this has been discussed already but has anybody discussed Phil because watching the England women passing it around like Barcelona and the way he comes across it seems to me he is worth a punt.

Phil Neville?? Have all the decent candidates turned the DCFC job down then? I must have missed that. 

Folks shouldn't dismiss Phil Neville.

England play to a nice style, players know their roles, tactics are good but what impresses me the most is the way he talks.... Upbeat, supportive of his players, emphasises that they should have fun while being professional.

I'm impressed.

Simo aside, obviously, he's the most engaging candidate for me.

53 minutes ago, europia said:

Phil Neville?? Have all the decent candidates turned the DCFC job down then? I must have missed that. 

What has Phil Neville done wrong? He seems articulate and has a bit of Gareth Southgate about him. We could do worse....

Loved reading up on Simo Valakari, No idea he was a bit of a cult figure and successful manager, I will be following his progress with interest from now on.

When Frank goes to Chelsea in 3 or 4 years time I hope Simo is still doing well and comes back to take over the reigns.

4 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Any chance we will have a new manager before 12th July when I go on my jollies too Seahouses or should I buy extra data.

No worries mate I’ve got unlimited data, I’ll meet you in the bar at The Ship Inn and bring you up to speed!!

Have to say after doing a bit of research myself on Valakari could be a very astute choice ....seems to know his onions ...I think championship is  tougher than the Finnish league but would be interesting appointment ...????????????

Does anyone know what sort of style of football he plays though ? Could be a percentage man ?

Archived