Lampard’s meeting with Morris / Chelsea

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Alan Hinton on Twitter seems to be hinting at potential investors, although not sure just how much he would really know. But, should Mel manage to attract new investment we could have a bit of cash to spend.

I’ve a few premium bonds somewhere, and that lottery is heading my way..... watch this space. The Euro Lottery by the way, not a pesky few mill that’d only get me a box at Pride Park. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Alan Hinton on Twitter seems to be hinting at potential investors, although not sure just how much he would really know. But, should Mel manage to attract new investment we could have a bit of cash to spend.

Was not one of the group's talking to Mel from America  about possible investment.

Alan living over there and with his connection to soccer over there may know something or has been consulted.

10 hours ago, rynny said:

Half that time was lost in translating. 

It shows that Leeds are very serious about next season though 30 hours seems excessive. Perhaps he was explaining his new covert spying techniques so they don't get caught next time. Look out for drones fitted with cameras over Derby.

Seriously with players out of contract, the loan players returning and hopefully the Fifa Fair Play issues easing there is a lot to discuss. In addition with Chelsea winning last night hopefully the prospect of a vacancy at Chelsea has diminished.

6 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

It shows that Leeds are very serious about next season though 30 hours seems excessive. Perhaps he was explaining his new covert spying techniques so they don't get caught next time. Look out for drones fitted with cameras over Derby.

Seriously with players out of contract, the loan players returning and hopefully the Fifa Fair Play issues easing there is a lot to discuss. In addition with Chelsea winning last night hopefully the prospect of a vacancy at Chelsea has diminished.

He had to run through his bucket list... 

I’m really not concerned at all, until that is Chelsea either sack Sarri or he walks. At that point I think I will be nervous until they appoint a replacement.

Due to their transfer ban it’s probably fair to say that everyone outside of Chelsea doesn’t expect them to challenge for much until that’s resolved. You can bet your mortgage on it inside they will still want and feel they can challenge. 

This meeting with MM was probably always going to happen and nothing other than Derby would have been discussed in all likeliness. 

Surely there had to be a meeting before people go on holiday. Our season has been extended due to the play-offs. Most clubs have already decided which players they are allowing to leave and will have already started to plan next season. Derby are behind the curve though not in as bad a position as last season when Rowett decided to depart.

19 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Surely there had to be a meeting before people go on holiday. Our season has been extended due to the play-offs. Most clubs have already decided which players they are allowing to leave and will have already started to plan next season. Derby are behind the curve though not in as bad a position as last season when Rowett decided to depart.

I think we're in a much better position than last season when Rowett decided to depart. 

1 hour ago, Shaftesbury st said:

I’m really not concerned at all, until that is Chelsea either sack Sarri or he walks. At that point I think I will be nervous until they appoint a replacement.

Due to their transfer ban it’s probably fair to say that everyone outside of Chelsea doesn’t expect them to challenge for much until that’s resolved. You can bet your mortgage on it inside they will still want and feel they can challenge. 

This meeting with MM was probably always going to happen and nothing other than Derby would have been discussed in all likeliness. 

I'm honestly really confused about this transfer ban "issue".. isn't it for 2 windows? Oh no they can't sign players now or in January. It's almost as if the players they've got at the club will have to perform exactly as well as they have done this season in order to finish 3rd, get to the final of the league cup and win the Europa League ?.

Okay maybe without Hazard, but the point is why is it seen as such a terrible time for Chelsea? Everyone saying they'll have to keep all their loanees and play the kids?? Why?

1 hour ago, 1967Ram said:

I think we're in a much better position than last season when Rowett decided to depart. 

Our good season has been built around 3 loan players who could return to their parents clubs.

Last season we were able to sell Vydra to finance the new signings.

I personally don't think we are in a much better position.

The biggest positive is the youngsters coming through.

12 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

I'm honestly really confused about this transfer ban "issue".. isn't it for 2 windows? Oh no they can't sign players now or in January. It's almost as if the players they've got at the club will have to perform exactly as well as they have done this season in order to finish 3rd, get to the final of the league cup and win the Europa League ?.

Okay maybe without Hazard, but the point is why is it seen as such a terrible time for Chelsea? Everyone saying they'll have to keep all their loanees and play the kids?? Why?

Their squad can only be 25 strong. They had 45 players out on loan last season-3 at Bristol City, 3 at Leeds United and 2 at Derby. Even if they make no loans they can't play all of their players. Surely some of their players who are always on loan such as Kalas will be sold.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Our good season has been built around 3 loan players who could return to their parents clubs.

I totally understand your points. However, there are plenty of other young, talented players around and I think most would be 'chomping at the bit' to come to Derby at the minute. You're right about our younger players coming through too.

9 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I totally understand your points. However, there are plenty of other young, talented players around and I think most would be 'chomping at the bit' to come to Derby at the minute. You're right about our younger players coming through too.

Agreed. The successes of Tomori, Mount and Wilson this season will make other up-and-coming young players want to come here to help their progression, especially if we still have Lamps and Morris. 

We're a relatively big club who have been competitive in the championship for a number of years and have a very exciting young manager and an assistant with a superb track record of working with young players. We're not in a bad position at all to attract decent loanies. 

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think we're now back to the position we were in during Mac 1 where elite clubs saw we could improve their youngsters so getting in some more quality loans shouldn't be an issue.

We don't have Vydra, but if any club are serious about Bogle, their starting bids should be £10m at least, with fullbacks being more important to top team's tactics, one as comfortable as he is going forward will we highly valued.

A lot of wages will disappear with the dead wood being chopped.

I think it'll be an exciting pre season 

This time last year I hadn't heard of Wilson, Mount and Tomori. It is a pity we couldn't have won promotion with them but there will be other potential loanees and the youth system at Derby is starting to bear fruit.. It isn't all doom and gloom. At least the financial side seems to be improving.

Clubs like Birmingham , QPR, Wednesday,Reading and probably Forest have dire financial problems and there are others who get attendances of 12000-14000 who must struggle to be competitive.

I also doubt the relegated teams will pose a significant threat next season.

1 minute ago, Harrowram said:

This time last year I hadn't heard of Wilson, Mount and Tomori. It is a pity we couldn't have won promotion with them but there will be other potential loanees and the youth system at Derby is starting to bear fruit.. It isn't all doom and gloom. At least the financial side seems to be improving.

Clubs like Birmingham , QPR, Wednesday,Reading and probably Forest have dire financial problems and there are others who get attendances of 12000-14000 who must struggle to be competitive.

I reckon Cardiff will be up there, simply because of the Colin Factor, and that the majority of their players will be happy to crack on with another season down here, as they're better suited to the Championship.  If Huddersfield find a reliable goalscorer they'll be play off material at least.  Fulham are harder to predict as their side could be completely different by the time the season starts...

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Very true but there are other good loan players out there and our Chelsea links are strong.... too strong perhaps! ?

As you say, Frank is clearly keen on giving 'yoof a chance which is great all round as long as they perform. We do need a Mount replacement though and Lawrence isn't likely to get the goals Wilson did so they're a tough act to follow.

As much as I rate Tomori (highly) we have Curtis to come back and clearly need at least one more CB unless Evans is the answer (not sure).

5 minutes ago, RaichCarter said:

Very true but there are other good loan players out there and our Chelsea links are strong.... too strong perhaps! ?

As you say, Frank is clearly keen on giving 'yoof a chance which is great all round as long as they perform. We do need a Mount replacement though and Lawrence isn't likely to get the goals Wilson did so they're a tough act to follow.

As much as I rate Tomori (highly) we have Curtis to come back and clearly need at least one more CB unless Evans is the answer (not sure).

Out of all three of them I think Tomori is the most important, without his pace on the cover we'll be even more susceptible to the counter.

I actually think Evans could make a really good centre half.  He's definitely not a midfielder...

42 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Wednesday just copied us and sold their stadium (thats what their forum says anyway). I wouldnt say we were exactly healthy financially either. Losing that much money every month is never good, but it is the only way anyone can compete in this league. Villa had a wage bill of over £70 mill. Last year 3 teams would have lost close to £60 million without player sales- 2 of them were promoted and the other was in the playoff final 2 years in a row. We would have lost closer to £50 mill without sales.

16 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Out of all three of them I think Tomori is the most important, without his pace on the cover we'll be even more susceptible to the counter.

I actually think Evans could make a really good centre half.  He's definitely not a midfielder...

Did pretty well at Swansea wasnt it when keogh went off.?

Archived