Lampard’s meeting with Morris / Chelsea

Considering Frank has admitted that there has been no contact from Chelsea, does anyone else find it bizarre that he’s meeting Mel about his future when he has 2 years left on his deal? I know it’s standard practice to organise and plan for the future after the final game w/ the chairman, but to specifically mention his future? 

This is just pure speculation, but is it possible that someone has mentioned to him there is a strong possibility he is going to be offered the Chelsea job? Jody Morris’ tweet after the game reads like a thank you & goodbye message to me 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Considering Frank has admitted that there has been no contact from Chelsea, does anyone else find it bizarre that he’s meeting Mel about his future when he has 2 years left on his deal? I know it’s standard practice to organise and plan for the future after the final game w/ the chairman, but to specifically mention his future? 

This is just pure speculation, but is it possible that someone has mentioned to him there is a strong possibility he is going to be offered the Chelsea job? Jody Morris’ tweet after the game reads like a thank you & goodbye message to me 

Bizarre?? It’s been made clear that the meeting was planned and in place before this speculation and the timing fits with an end of year appraisal type thing and start planning for year ahead ? 

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Bizarre?? It’s been made clear that the meeting was planned and in place before this speculation and the timing fits with an end of year appraisal type thing and start planning for year ahead ? 

But why mention specifically his future and not everything you’ve just mentioned to the media? That’s what I find bizarre 

A review seems reasonable to me. 

The Chelsea stuff irritates and bores me to tears. All the transfer gossip does. It makes grown ups act weird. Right drama queens

My common sense says Chelsea don't go for Frank Lampard after 1 season managing Derby in the Championship. My eyes say all I've seen is journalist gossip and some fan hysteria. There's been nothing worth looking into. So until there is then it is tedious journalist nonsense like all the rest of the sensationalist balls.  

But if he goes he goes. Hulse went and we survived!! Miracle!! 

I imagine it makes more sense that Frank has proven himself a bit. He's gone from wide eyed rookie to promising young manager. I'm sure there's some assurances he wants now he's earned his stripes.

I cant remember the interview did he say MY future or THE future.. Imagine they need to discuss transfers ins and outs, contrsct renewals, budgets, where we fell short & where we need to improve 

14 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

If u watch the ssn video it’s very clear he’s referring to the work that needs to be done 

nothing more nothing less 

tbh when I saw the video title Lampard to discuss future I feared the worst but it’s about a encouraging as one could hope for from our point of view 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

If u watch the ssn video it’s very clear he’s referring to the work that needs to be done 

nothing more nothing less 

Was this interview before or after today’s game? 

I get that it’s difficult when he’s specifically being asked about his future by the media, but it just feels inevitable to me 

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

Frank’s going nowhere. He looks pissed off every time Sky ask him. In the future, it’s a possibility but I have no doubt in my mind that he and Jody want to build something here first. 

That’s the same impression I got 

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Was this interview before or after today’s game? 

I get that it’s difficult when he’s specifically being asked about his future by the media, but it just feels inevitable to me 

After 

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Frank’s going nowhere. He looks pissed off every time Sky ask him. In the future, it’s a possibility but I have no doubt in my mind that he and Jody want to build something here first. 

And they'll keep asking questions until they get an answer they can slap on the front page

Because they're big club bum sniffing Bamfords

13 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

While all you lot were travelling this morning I had the pleasure of listening to Talksport breakfast show. (I know)

Martin Lipton said there was more than just rumours to the Chelsea story, and there was some substance to it. 

I think at one time he was the Chelsea correspondent for one of the tabloids. 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Ignore the misleading headline 

to me it’s quite clear he’s happy here and fully focused on the job in hand 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/11729705/lampard-to-discuss-future-with-Derby

Thanks for the link. 

I think it’s clear as day that he’s happy here, but he just isn’t going to turn Chelsea down if he gets that call. No one can blame him if we do get to that situation 

13 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Then don't speculate. We've known about the meeting between Frank and Mel for a while and that it has been planned for a long time - perfectly normal considering the very different outcomes from today that would have needed to be planned for and addressed

And to make anything of Jody Morris' tweet is silly. He's saying thank you to the fans and that it has been a privilege to be in the dugout this season - the past tense is because it was, as of the final whistle, last season

Frank and Jody will go at some stage either of their volition or the club's and maybe to Chelsea and maybe some other club, but to read that they're going into the public pronouncements made so far is tabloid fandom.

Archived