Lampard’s meeting with Morris / Chelsea

5 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Then don't speculate. We've known about the meeting between Frank and Mel for a while and that it has been planned for a long time - perfectly normal considering the very different outcomes from today that would have needed to be planned for and addressed

And to make anything of Jody Morris' tweet is silly. He's saying thank you to the fans and that it has been a privilege to be in the dugout this season - the past tense is because it was, as of the final whistle, last season

Frank and Jody will go at some stage either of their volition or the club's and maybe to Chelsea and maybe some other club, but to read that they're going into the public pronouncements made so far is tabloid fandom.

Good points, maybe I’m just emotional after an emotion inducing day.

But I do think categorising all reports on Lampard to Chelsea as tabloid fandom is naive. There’s clearly something in it, at some level

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, grown men into drama queens over a couple of sensational headlines and people ITK that are saying things like "I'm hearing Chelsea want Lampard" 

I'm hearing that too. I'm sure I heard De Gea has left Man United 3 times. He's going again this summer. 

I mean if you talk enough poo you'll be right eventually and then you can be "an inside source"

23 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

But I do think categorising all reports on Lampard to Chelsea as tabloid fandom is naive. There’s clearly something in it, at some level

Yeah, Sarri is under pressure. Chelsea haven't done that well. They're not known for their patience. They all love Lampard. Lampard is now a manager

That there is more than enough to sell gossip. It's small fortune for SkyBet and William Hill. 

But Chelsea. Champions League chasing Chelsea. Hunting down Man City and Liverpool. Going for Lampard now after he's spent some time helping Jody Morris with the kids before managing 1 season with Derby where he came 6th.... the same position Rowett got them. 

I'm sure they'll watch him very closely. Possibly even closer after the promising sign. 

But now? Chelsea aren't in a position to lose more ground on the top teams while they patiently wait for Lampard to grow into the role. 

I am sure many Chelsea fans know it would be a huge gamble now even if their hearts want it. 

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I think it has been an emotional day all round SDSR but we've got to the point in this country where we don't believe anything anyone says any more, where we do take what some ex Chelsea reporter says on Talksport as having enough substance as to mean that Frank is about to go. The same Frank that says there has been no contact with Chelsea, that says he understands the links being made and why and that he can't do anything about them, that says he loves being here and talks about next season. And yet we prefer to believe a Talksport 'journo'.

Frank WILL go at some stage. You and I both know that. The parting may be painful and it may even be next week but absolutely nothing in any of Frank or Jody's or Mel's public statements suggest that parting is imminent. Of course that could change but there's been nothing from them to suggest otherwise just a load of lazy links with him and the club he played for successfully for many years.

Tabloids routinely, in my personal experience, create stories and 'truth' often from their own imagination and for all kinds of reasons including clickbait. Tabloid fans pick up those stories, repeating them and reinforcing the 'truths' in which there is no truth at all.

That's not me being naive. That's the truth.

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah, Sarri is under pressure. Chelsea haven't done that well. They're not known for their patience. They all love Lampard. Lampard is now a manager

I tended to agree with that until Allegri announced his decision to leave Juve. Sarri wont turn them down, so wheres Allegri going?  Apparently Barca are interested. Bayern maybe? 

Im not sure where that leaves Chelsea. 

Is Frank a risk for them? Champions league in the bag, transfer embargo so he won't be judged on signings, and as much positive PR  as they can handle. Stranger things have happened. 

2 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

I tended to agree with that until Allegri announced his decision to leave Juve. Sarri wont turn them down, so wheres Allegri going?  Apparently Barca are interested. Bayern maybe? 

Im not sure where that leaves Chelsea. 

Is Frank a risk for them? Champions league in the bag, transfer embargo so he won't be judged on signings, and as much positive PR  as they can handle. Stranger things have happened. 

And that's why there's headlines. Because you can make everything make sense.

But if everyone stops and asks themselves if Chelsea are going to go for Frank Lampard after this 1 season then I reckon this rumour gets a lot less knickers in a twist. 

I mean why not link Bielsa? The job he's done at Leeds is impressive. But no, that story doesn't fit the narrative. It doesn't have that romance. Harder to sell. Because let's be honest Chelsea don't look in the Championship for their managers. They have a whole different calibre of player and they're rivals are spending hundreds of millions on footballers. 

The fact they have lost Hazard and are facing a transfer ban means they need to make near perfect decisions. They aren't a patient club. PR will get a whole lot worse if they lose more ground. 

Stranger things have happened... yeah maybe so. 

It's not impossible to see. But i see our two clubs ambitions as very different. We call this season a good season. To impress Chelsea I honestly think it takes more than what Lampard has done. I'm sure they have his phone number but I'm betting Roman is looking at his more elite contacts

Franks actual words post-game:

"I haven't had any discussions with any other clubs," said Lampard. "I'll be having talks with Mel on how we can compete next year.

"The talks are important in terms of where we go. I want to move forward."

He added that the Chelsea "noise was irrelevant" and that he had "loved working here and I want to continue that and continue progressing with the club".

Does it really sound like he's wanting to leave?

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

That there is more than enough to sell gossip. It's small fortune for SkyBet and William Hill. 

But Chelsea. Champions League chasing Chelsea. Hunting down Man City and Liverpool. Going for Lampard now after he's spent some time helping Jody Morris with the kids before managing 1 season with Derby where he came 6th.... the same position Rowett got them. 

I'm sure they'll watch him very closely. Possibly even closer after the promising sign. 

But now? Chelsea aren't in a position to lose more ground on the top teams while they patiently wait for Lampard to grow into the role. 

I am sure many Chelsea fans know it would be a huge gamble now even if their hearts want it. 

Chelsea - not done that well?

top 4 finish, Carebo cup final and Europa final - first season for Sarri

Its the person and approach the fans  don’t like .

They need a proven manager - for Champions league next year - someone like Allegri - complete madness going for Lampard or a John T - novices in terms of management 

and does Lampard want to mess his reputation up by taking a massive job to early 

7 hours ago, 86 points said:

Franks actual words post-game:

"I haven't had any discussions with any other clubs," said Lampard. "I'll be having talks with Mel on how we can compete next year.

"The talks are important in terms of where we go. I want to move forward."

He added that the Chelsea "noise was irrelevant" and that he had "loved working here and I want to continue that and continue progressing with the club".

Does it really sound like he's wanting to leave?

Yet in the Sky Sports match report

"I'm not interested in the speculation. I'll speak to Mel Morris the owner over the next few days when the dust settles and we'll see how it goes"

Now I've seen 2 interviews from yesterday and none went like that. Well, he may have said those words but they were in amongst other words like "We'll have to see their (Mount, Wilson, Tomori) situation next season". And "perfect would have been promotion but apart from that. We now have to make sure we go one better next season. We'll have a small squad so we'll have a chat" 

But I suppose if you're trying to get people to buy your toilet roll, put bets on and just want to whore yourself on Twitter then you should select which words you pick out an interview. 

It's the same as Mac. People pulled out selected lines from interviews. The fact is that I've heard Mel Morris say himself that he thinks Mac would have stayed. He thinks he was distracted but he was going to stay. 

Drama queens and Twitter attention seekers. SkyBet have made a few quid thanks to SkySports News. Odd that innit

9 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Frank’s going nowhere. He looks pissed off every time Sky ask him. In the future, it’s a possibility but I have no doubt in my mind that he and Jody want to build something here first. 

Fingers crossed.PNG

Doesn't anyone else have reviews?  I have one every year, you look at the previous year, what was good what was bad, how I performed, how the senior management and directors performed, how the supporting departments performed, where could improvements can be made, what needed to be discarded etc etc.

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Think this should put all the Franks leaving nonsense to bed.

FBEFF934-7055-4BE7-8D86-B2A9DCEAFA24.jpeg

We have a lot of players on the books. However we don't have a lot that are good enough to be on the teamsheet.

We fluked it.  Simple as that.

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

Ah yes, we fluked it over the course of a 46-game season. Really simple that.

Have you forgotten the last six games of the season?  The final day?  Leeds away?  If luck was a cake we had the biggest slice.

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Ah yes, we fluked it over the course of a 46-game season. Really simple that.

About 3/4 way through the season I'm sure it was reported that Derby had played the most amount of matches out of all the leagues? Tried searching but can't find anything now...

Archived