Lampard’s meeting with Morris / Chelsea

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Did pretty well at Swansea wasnt it when keogh went off.?

26 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Didn't he come on Bristol as well?

Indeed, I think he could be an ideal alternative to Tomori and Davis...

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Out of all three of them I think Tomori is the most important, without his pace on the cover we'll be even more susceptible to the counter.

I actually think Evans could make a really good centre half.  He's definitely not a midfielder...

No argument from me there - you'll never beat Tomori...! I said when he first signed he reminded me of Wassall - just saying... ?

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Out of all three of them I think Tomori is the most important, without his pace on the cover we'll be even more susceptible to the counter.

I actually think Evans could make a really good centre half.  He's definitely not a midfielder...

Standing in and doing ok is helpful but he is no centre half and never should be 

On 28/05/2019 at 07:53, irobinson said:

Chelsea - not done that well?

top 4 finish, Carebo cup final and Europa final - first season for Sarri

Its the person and approach the fans  don’t like .

They need a proven manager - for Champions league next year - someone like Allegri - complete madness going for Lampard or a John T - novices in terms of management 

and does Lampard want to mess his reputation up by taking a massive job to early 

None of those things are what Roman and Chelsea consider primary targets are they though. Since Roman's billions they've obsessed with the Champions League. 

What they've done this season might scrape as acceptable. 

To most clubs it's a great season. But for the money they've spent and the recent history of managers I think those trophies are minor and the points gap from City would be barely acceptable. 

15 minutes ago, Alpha said:

None of those things are what Roman and Chelsea consider primary targets are they though. Since Roman's billions they've obsessed with the Champions League. 

What they've done this season might scrape as acceptable. 

To most clubs it's a great season. But for the money they've spent and the recent history of managers I think those trophies are minor and the points gap from City would be barely acceptable. 

Agreed - but he needs a Pep figure  - who has stature in world football to manage this - not FL

12 hours ago, thederbyram said:

I'm honestly really confused about this transfer ban "issue".. isn't it for 2 windows? Oh no they can't sign players now or in January. It's almost as if the players they've got at the club will have to perform exactly as well as they have done this season in order to finish 3rd, get to the final of the league cup and win the Europa League ?.

Okay maybe without Hazard, but the point is why is it seen as such a terrible time for Chelsea? Everyone saying they'll have to keep all their loanees and play the kids?? Why?

Banned until the end of the January 2020 transfer window.  So effectively cannot buy a player until season after next. 

Hazard may go and also rumours of Kante if Sarri stays, others will improve squads and with either one of those losses it surely would be difficult for them to challenge for 3rd next season? 

On 27/05/2019 at 22:22, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

But why mention specifically his future and not everything you’ve just mentioned to the media? That’s what I find bizarre 

his future where player acquisitions are concerned who staying who is going.And how much is his transfer budget is?Or he might be wanting an extension to his contract

Sarri talking with Juve, and Chelsea ownership group talking with Juve, and Sarri talking with Chelsea ownership group.

This has the feel of an announcement about Sarri being off to Juve being made in the next 24 / 48 hours.

The rest does (or doesn't) write itself).

Benitez seems to have gotten interested in what's what at Chelsea.

6 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Well if you reckon he isn't a centre half, and I reckon he's not a midfielder...  Striker???

Aren't we taking about a new keeper?

Sorted!

Frank has proved his doubters wrong!

OK we missed out on promotion this season but it's been an exciting journey for Rams fans.

Frank has proved that he has what it takes to be a manager in the crucible that is the Championship.

His enthusiasm and commitment have never diminished and he has put as much into Derby as he did as Captain of England and Chelsea. Of course he would jump at the chance to manage either team like any other ambitious manager.

I am glad he is in the driving seat at Derby and look forward to our future during his tenure.

I used to hate appraisals even when I knew I'd done well. Frank is probably the same!?

Chelsea would be so stupid to get rid of Sarri. 3rd place behind two of the best sides the Premier League has ever seen - and European silverware! He's had a brilliant season.

It will all come down to a) his relationship with players and fans and b) how much Juve want him. 

The pictures of Juve staff with Chelsea staff published by the Mail the other day could be an indicator of something. Or they could have just been meeting to discuss the Higuain deal.

Regardless, the point stands. Sarri is right. He deserves another season at least. Just as Lampard thoroughly deserves another season with us. More than earned the right.

8 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Chelsea would be so stupid to get rid of Sarri. 3rd place behind two of the best sides the Premier League has ever seen - and European silverware! He's had a brilliant season.

It will all come down to a) his relationship with players and fans and b) how much Juve want him. 

The pictures of Juve staff with Chelsea staff published by the Mail the other day could be an indicator of something. Or they could have just been meeting to discuss the Higuain deal.

Regardless, the point stands. Sarri is right. He deserves another season at least. Just as Lampard thoroughly deserves another season with us. More than earned the right.

They don't like him cus he don't wear a whistle n flute innit! 

15 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

The latest pile of unsubstantiated drivel - sorry, "emerging news" - from the BBC is that....

..the Mirror claiming Sarri has been offered £6.2m a year to manage Juventus

...the Express has that Chelsea are meeting Sarri's agent in London today

So maybe we will know more, and maybe we won't by the end of the day.....?

Archived