Waghorn

Sith Happens

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I bet Nugent is on a bob or two and he's played loads better than Martin would have done.

I hope you’ve patented that device that enables you to peer into alternate realities. Sounds like a significant scientific breakthrough. 

8 minutes ago, Dean_Saunders said:

Nugent at the start of the season (and presumably pre season) looked a lot better than he does now in terms of pace.

This is when the decisions were being made on who to sell/loan etc.

Fair comment, what really worries me though is what he looks like when he gets a chance in front of goal. Hopefully he regains the ability to calmly finish any chances if he plays tomorrow night.

I think we're in some trouble if Waggy isn't fit. We look a much better team with him, he's integral to our hold up play in the past few weeks which coincided with our run of good form. If Waggy is playing, we have a chance.

Personally I think  Marriott is a naturally more talented player than Waghorn he just needs the right service and a team that can the ball to him quickly so he can run with the ball on the counter, his passing and link up play is not as bad as people make out he just is nowhere near as strong as Waghorn  so he can't play as well back to goal. I'd be much more confident that we could win if Marriott starts than Nugent or Bennett as he is much more of a clinical finisher. I think Marriott would cause Leeds more problems than Waghorn with his pace on the break, we aren't going to have much of the ball so it is all about the counter attack.

1 hour ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Personally I think  Marriott is a naturally more talented player than Waghorn he just needs the right service and a team that can the ball to him quickly so he can run with the ball on the counter, his passing and link up play is not as bad as people make out he just is nowhere near as strong as Waghorn  so he can't play as well back to goal. I'd be much more confident that we could win if Marriott starts than Nugent or Bennett as he is much more of a clinical finisher. I think Marriott would cause Leeds more problems than Waghorn with his pace on the break, we aren't going to have much of the ball so it is all about the counter attack.

Nothing that has happened this season backs up anything you've said. For a start, Marriott has less pace than people credit him for. He's quick over a couple of yards but his sprint is average. On top of that, he's been generally very poor since his goal against Southampton when he has played. He's arguably a better finisher than Waghorn but that's the only thing he has over him.

Archived