Waghorn

Sith Happens

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Nugent starts tonight i will be fuming with Frank.

Frank won’t play him now then ? 

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Frank won’t play him now then ? 

Good point Texas!

I never cease to be amazed at how many fans, not just of this club, can do a much better job of picking a team than the guy who's paid to make that decision based on factors not revealed outside the club itself!?

2 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Nothing that has happened this season backs up anything you've said. For a start, Marriott has less pace than people credit him for. He's quick over a couple of yards but his sprint is average. On top of that, he's been generally very poor since his goal against Southampton when he has played. He's arguably a better finisher than Waghorn but that's the only thing he has over him.

I would have thought that being a better finisher was just what a striker needs to be

8 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I would have thought that being a better finisher was just what a striker needs to be

No. Darren Bent was a better finisher than Martin, yet we looked miles better when we started the latter rather than the former. Strikers have to offer more in all round play than just finishing.

2 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Nothing that has happened this season backs up anything you've said. For a start, Marriott has less pace than people credit him for. He's quick over a couple of yards but his sprint is average. On top of that, he's been generally very poor since his goal against Southampton when he has played. He's arguably a better finisher than Waghorn but that's the only thing he has over him.

Marriott is significantly faster than Waghorn, the service into him was piss poor in the majority of the games he played during February you can't expect to do anything with a small and fast striker with hopeful hoofs down the pitch which is what we resorted to without Mount in the side. He is also abetter  dribbler as he is a lot more agile than Waghorn who can't really run at defences. You say nothing we have seen this season backs up anything I have said well you obviously can't remember his performances from October through to December when he was electric and was one of the main reasons why were 4th place at one point and beat the likes of West Brom and Sheffield United. Waghorn is a good player but so is Marriott , and I think the only reason why he has not played at his best is becuase he has not been given a run of games so he has lost his match sharpness, he hasn't even been playing much off the bench which I find pretty disappointing.  If Nugent starts tonight I'll be ducked off to say the least , if Waghorn doesn't start we have to go with Marriott. 

3 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Marriott is significantly faster than Waghorn, the service into him was piss poor in the majority of the games he played during February you can't expect to do anything with a small and fast striker with hopeful hoofs down the pitch which is what we resorted to without Mount in the side. He is also abetter  dribbler as he is a lot more agile than Waghorn who can't really run at defences. You say nothing we have seen this season backs up anything I have said well you obviously can't remember his performances from October through to December when he was electric and was one of the main reasons why were 4th place at one point and beat the likes of West Brom and Sheffield United. Waghorn is a good player but so is Marriott , and I think the only reason why he has not played at his best is becuase he has not been given a run of games so he has lost his match sharpness, he hasn't even been playing much off the bench which I find pretty disappointing.  If Nugent starts tonight I'll be ducked off to say the least , if Waghorn doesn't start we have to go with Marriott. 

Good Post Marriotty RAM99. ?

2 hours ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

The above post and the one before is opinion I question ,,, i really don’t think Marriott is any better a finisher than waghorn as he has scored some bloody good goals this season and a good variety too , I think in the main it’s clouded by Marriott goal record at Peterborough and in answer to that I wonder how many waghorn would have banged in playing for Peterborough last season at div one level? 

I can go with Marriott over the aging nugent but waghorn has grasped that cf place with ease after being used out wide initially, Marriott has a lot to do to reach waghorn s level ,he may reach it but he’s not near it yet

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

No. Darren Bent was a better finisher than Martin, yet we looked miles better when we started the latter rather than the former. Strikers have to offer more in all round play than just finishing.

I agree this was clinical. He was literally facing the wrong way and had no problem burying it in the net. 

3 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

Good point Texas!

I never cease to be amazed at how many fans, not just of this club, can do a much better job of picking a team than the guy who's paid to make that decision based on factors not revealed outside the club itself!?

I base my opinion on what I see on a match day and Nugent is not the answer if Waggy is not fit.

3 hours ago, Andicis said:

Really? So a striker who has good all round play but doesn't score many goals is better than an all out striker who scores loads?  I think the key word here  is "striker"

50 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I agree this was clinical. He was literally facing the wrong way and had no problem burying it in the net. 

Dazzas second best moment at Derby was in the post match interview. Asked about the goal he said, "Yeah, I don't miss from there". Had to laugh.

Best moment was Wolves away.

Archived