Waghorn

Sith Happens

Sith Happens

Sorry if already discussed, anyone heard if there is any chance for Wednesday? we missed him so much. Not slating Nugent, I thought he tried really hard but was a bit of a thankless task for him, he just seems to have lost the energy his game relied on in the last few months.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he’s pulled up, he’s back to square one with the injury I guess.  Can’t see him even being considered if he’s not 100%

All the time he spent on the bench while Marriott kept him out is now all forgotten, he’s injured, bring back Marriott.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Seems we need a big man on the bench as an option for next season. 

Oh wait, we have Martin for another season, sorted.

As much as I  wish Martin was the answer, he'd have been struggling just as much as Nugent today unless the team had pushed forward and got around him. 

I thought we looked really bright the first ten minutes but once Leeds got hold of the game we just sank in and left Nugent alone and exposed. Marriott would have been likewise. 

I don't think Frank told his team to do that, but others are saying he was instructing them to - seems odd if that's true. 

A big target man would be nice for hold up play for situations like yesterday when we are on the back foot. Chris Martin isn’t that type of player, he is more a link player than a target man. I watched spurs v ajax in midweek and Llorente is the reason spurs went through in the end, Lucas scored the hat trick but he wouldn’t have got into those positions if it wasn’t for Llorente’s hold up play as he got the whole team up the pitch. I’ve noticed quite a few times that this season that we like to play long balls, which ends up pointless because our strikers aren’t the tallest. Someone to make it stick up front to get everyone up the pitch would be very nice like a Nuhiu from Sheffield Wednesday, although I doubt they’d sell.

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Sorry if already discussed, anyone heard if there is any chance for Wednesday? we missed him so much. Not slating Nugent, I thought he tried really hard but was a bit of a thankless task for him, he just seems to have lost the energy his game relied on in the last few months.

Saw him after the match and he said hes hoping to be playing.

26 minutes ago, McLovin said:

A big target man would be nice for hold up play for situations like yesterday when we are on the back foot. Chris Martin isn’t that type of player, he is more a link player than a target man. I watched spurs v ajax in midweek and Llorente is the reason spurs went through in the end, Lucas scored the hat trick but he wouldn’t have got into those positions if it wasn’t for Llorente’s hold up play as he got the whole team up the pitch. I’ve noticed quite a few times that this season that we like to play long balls, which ends up pointless because our strikers aren’t the tallest. Someone to make it stick up front to get everyone up the pitch would be very nice like a Nuhiu from Sheffield Wednesday, although I doubt they’d sell.

I think he is one of the worst players ive ever seen at Wednesday. 

FL was very short in the post match interview regarding Waghorn.

Martin is the logical choice for me as a great plan B next season. His hold up play is about all he has. I woulds keep him unless someone come in for a fee then maybe think about selling.

25 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

I think he is one of the worst players ive ever seen at Wednesday. 

Still scored double figures last season in a  side that finished in the bottom half, more than all of our players apart from vydra. He wouldn’t be as a starter, but as a plan ‘b’ in games like yesterday where we are pinned in.

23 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Still scored double figures last season in a  side that finished in the bottom half, more than all of our players apart from vydra. He wouldn’t be as a starter, but as a plan ‘b’ in games like yesterday where we are pinned in.

Prefer to look elsewhere. Leeds or Wolves dont have a giant target man. They pull you around and play fast accurate passing through the lines. Press high. Modern game. 

He’s played ok when played, but I don’t really understand why we bought. He isn’t what you call a target man or a link up player and he played out wide when he finally broke into the team. Saying all that he’s the best option we have at the minute. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

As much as I  wish Martin was the answer, he'd have been struggling just as much as Nugent today unless the team had pushed forward and got around him. 

I thought we looked really bright the first ten minutes but once Leeds got hold of the game we just sank in and left Nugent alone and exposed. Marriott would have been likewise. 

I don't think Frank told his team to do that, but others are saying he was instructing them to - seems odd if that's true.

Martin hasn't shown he's the answer when out on loan. I agree it's sad but I doubt he'd be the answer for us. When Marriott was on fire earlier in the season people were talking about an England call up. We have to put our hope in him for the second leg. Waggy's achilles isn't going to miraculously mend as easily as Keogh's injury did.

Probably the wrong thread but it was odd how we suddenly dropped off and went deep following a good start in the first half. And when defending corners didn't even chase out but stayed incredibly deep. I cannot believe it was a deliberate instruction from Frank to suddenly do that, but I can't face the whole matchthread to see if that's what people are genuinely suggesting. I thought we didn't look fit or strong enough or just didn't have enough bravery/desire. Except for Duane Holmes.

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Just a thought, is Martin back from his loan spell, if so would he be eligible to play

No

1 hour ago, kingsy1884 said:

FL was very short in the post match interview regarding Waghorn.

Martin is the logical choice for me as a great plan B next season. His hold up play is about all he has. I woulds keep him unless someone come in for a fee then maybe think about selling.

Suits the hold up link play stuff but cant do the high press, a hard combo to find.

Peak Nugent is the ideal striker for our system, shame hes a touch over the hill

Sith Happens
Just now, Shuff264 said:

Suits the hold up link play stuff but cant do the high press, a hard combo to find.

Peak Nugent is the ideal striker for our system, shame hes a touch over the hill

It is. Maybe he has struggled this season with our team being so youthful,  last season afterall he was practically a yts compared with the rest of the squad.

Archived