Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

16 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

You make some excellent points there, I was walking out the ground talking to my bro and mate and this Leeds old timer, butted into our conversation, saying you know f all about football that was no peno, when I tried to explain to him that the ref gave it, as he saw it in real time, and to change his mind like he did was a joke, and that's the point of it, the ref was in a great position, and he gave it, so that is the argument, not if it was or was not, the thick Leeds twit could not understand this, so I told him to jog on, for me it was a peno, but the argument is the ref was in a great position and he gave it, so to change his mind like he did was  very unprofessional of him, now let's get revenge, and beat the scum at ******* road.

Great analysis mate.

The only inaccuracy was that it wasnt any Leeds old timer.

That was a Leeds inhabitant in his mid-20s with no teeth.

They're difficult to tell apart tbh.....?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

You make some excellent points there, I was walking out the ground talking to my bro and mate and this Leeds old timer, butted into our conversation, saying you know f all about football that was no peno, when I tried to explain to him that the ref gave it, as he saw it in real time, and to change his mind like he did was a joke, and that's the point of it, the ref was in a great position, and he gave it, so that is the argument, not if it was or was not, the thick Leeds twit could not understand this, so I told him to jog on, for me it was a peno, but the argument is the ref was in a great position and he gave it, so to change his mind like he did was  very unprofessional of him, now let's get revenge, and beat the scum at ******* road.

The ref was 30 yards away with about 5 players running across him, let's not start re-writing the story. The ref was in the wrong to give it in the first place. What happens after is just a calamity as the only 'potential' foul in the incident is the one on Bogle. 

The worse thing would be if we went out on a whimper. I don't mind if we lose (which we won't), provided we give it everything - and I mean EVERYTHING. I want to see oxygen masks and organ replacement operations after the final whistle - whatever happens! Leeds need to know that they've just played in the hardest game of the season. If you can't rise to that, don't wear the shirt.

30 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

The ref was 30 yards away with about 5 players running across him, let's not start re-writing the story. The ref was in the wrong to give it in the first place. What happens after is just a calamity as the only 'potential' foul in the incident is the one on Bogle. 

The ref saw it the ref gave it, no flag up, the peno should have been given, no point to even talk to his linesman, he saw it and gave it, I have played the game and believe me as a player I would have wanted to kill him, for changing his mind, for no obvious reason, the ref was a joke. 

11 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

The worse thing would be if we went out on a whimper. I don't mind if we lose (which we won't), provided we give it everything - and I mean EVERYTHING. I want to see oxygen masks and organ replacement operations after the final whistle - whatever happens! Leeds need to know that they've just played in the hardest game of the season. If you can't rise to that, don't wear the shirt.

This.

11 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

If we turn it around tomorrow night it’ll be one of great nights in our history (for me) and I’ll be so proud of them, but it’s a big ask as we seem to have some kind of phobia about Leeds of late. 

?

Frank needs to stop the bus half a mile from the ground, and let the lads walk in from there!

That will get the juices flowing.

12 minutes ago, Ramitupper said:

No chance of this with b4 there to issue blood curdling war cries and unfurl his flange ?

37 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

The ref saw it the ref gave it, no flag up, the peno should have been given, no point to even talk to his linesman, he saw it and gave it, I have played the game and believe me as a player I would have wanted to kill him, for changing his mind, for no obvious reason, the ref was a joke. 

There was an obvious reason though wasn't there. The lino said it was a foul (Even though it wasn't). Agree the ref was a joke but he did the right thing in talking to his assistant who had the better of both terrible views. 

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Johnson 

Huddlestone             Mount

Wilson                               Lawrence

Marriott - Hopefully waghorn

Some hard decisions for Frank this week but this is the squad bar Marriott for Waghorn that played against Swansea and we dominated in the first half against them. I think we would be able to retain the ball a little better with Huddz coming into the middle with Johnson (who you cant drop against Leeds due to the fact he is one of few midfielders we have capable of putting in a tackle.  

10 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

There was an obvious reason though wasn't there. The lino said it was a foul (Even though it wasn't). Agree the ref was a joke but he did the right thing in talking to his assistant who had the better of both terrible views. 

Don't disagree with the final decision but if it was a foul by Bogle why did the linesman not flag in the first place?

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't disagree with the final decision but if it was a foul by Bogle why did the linesman not flag in the first place?

This is where it gets calamitous. Who knows. Do they even flag as much as they used to? I know they're told to keep their flags down when VAR is involved and let play go on but for this I don't know. Maybe he didn't think it was enough to be a foul but when the penalty was given he had to step in as it definitely wasn't a pen? Thats what I think. Ref messed up by giving it in the first place and they got away with one by calling it a foul. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

This is where it gets calamitous. Who knows. Do they even flag as much as they used to? I know they're told to keep their flags down when VAR is involved and let play go on but for this I don't know. Maybe he didn't think it was enough to be a foul but when the penalty was given he had to step in as it definitely wasn't a pen? Thats what I think. Ref messed up by giving it in the first place and they got away with one by calling it a foul. 

I wouldn't say the ref messed up, personally don't think it was a pen but can see why it was given.

All history now anyway and don't think we deserved anything from the game anyhow.

4 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

There was some vigorous flagging in the first half from the other lino. Think its still the default. 

It was not the officials finest hour.  Looked like they'd invented their own VAR system without the V.

Don't think it's a marketing winner tbh ?

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Your not that Leeds fan are you, who I spoke to after the game, lol, listen that's the beauty of football some understand it and some do not. The ref and Lino got it wrong , but it's over now, so let's hope we get the win and all go to Wembley as one.

Win, lose or draw, not that fussed. Proud we've come so far. Leeds fans are so obsessed with being in the Prem, but they'll hate being a lower Southampton-esque type team, you'll miss us when you've gone!!! Up the Championship!!!! X

Archived