Leeds United v Derby County play off semi final second leg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Never known such an arrogant fanbase that even their local media are like this. Weird.

He has a point though. Last night was a poor game, even I sat there thinking I wish we could play one of these right now. 

Just now, David said:

He has a point though. Last night was a poor game, even I sat there thinking I wish we could play one of these right now. 

Think the occasion got to Villa a bit there. They've looked pretty convinicing over the last few weeks!

But also: why say that when you haven't even gotten to the final yet? They think they've already got us beat.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Never known such an arrogant fanbase that even their local media are like this. Weird.

Whilst you're right, he is too. They've barely broke a sweat in 3 games against us, we've got a poor away record and we've not seen any suggestion Frank has figured out a different way to play to cause them problems.

Just now, Srg said:

Whilst you're right, he is too. They've barely broke a sweat in 3 games against us, we've got a poor away record and we've not seen any suggestion Frank has figured out a different way to play to cause them problems.

Completely agree. I just don't think you'd see Steve Nicholson or @OwenB87 tweeting stuff like this. If last night's game tells you anything it's that the game isn't over after the first leg. Especially at just 0-1.

Saying that, I'm not feeling confident at all! ?

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

One of the replies from a Leeds fan. Pot, kettle, black.

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Yeah I wrote something similar about their BBC correspondent Adam Pope. Does seem a bit weird, I think one feeds into the other because no one gives them a voice of reason 

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Think the occasion got to Villa a bit there. They've looked pretty convinicing over the last few weeks!

But also: why say that when you haven't even gotten to the final yet? They think they've already got us beat.

Don’t see any harm in having an opinion on potential opponents in the final. 

This is one of his least mind boggling of tweets to pick up on, to be fair he’s the better one of the Chuckle Brothers.

That Adam Pope rivals Kenny Burns for the biggest rogue in journalism, how he’s employed by the BBC I’ll never know. 

Leeds finished third. They deserve their day in the sun.

Individually, we are more than a match for them. I don’t look at their team and think ‘Ooh, I’d love him at PP.’ for every player. Because it’s not about individuals. It’s the unit - as a team, they just seem to click and flow better.

I don’t think we have the quality or nous to overcome the mental and tactical edge they have over us currently. Frank and the boys just don’t seem to have an answer.

Sometimes this happens. Didn’t we have a spell of 10 games where we beat Leeds every single time?

We have to take the rough with the smooth. 

Roos

Bogle

Keogh

Tomori

Malone

Huddlestone

Johnson

Holmes

Bennett

Lawrence

Marriott/Waghorn if fit

It might seem crazy to drop Mount and Wilson, but they were complete passengers on Saturday as far as their impact on the game is concerned.

Leeds will do exactly the same job on them tonight if they play. It will be painful to watch.

But with a side like this, we might just catch them by surprise.

12 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Roos

Bogle

Keogh

Tomori

Malone

Huddlestone

Johnson

Holmes

Bennett

Lawrence

Marriott/Waghorn if fit

It might seem crazy to drop Mount and Wilson, but they were complete passengers on Saturday as far as their impact on the game is concerned.

Leeds will do exactly the same job on them tonight if they play. It will be painful to watch.

But with a side like this, we might just catch them by surprise.

You do realise we can't beat our own meat, let alone another football team, if we don't have Mason Mount, right?

1 minute ago, Srg said:

You do realise we can't beat our own meat, let alone another football team, if we don't have Mason Mount, right?

Just my opinion.

Mount is obviously a good player with plenty of potential. There is no debate about that.

Is he integral to our success? Is he undroppable? Is he a guaranteed starter? Probably in Frank’s eyes.

But I think in this case, you have to consider all options. Leeds have wiped the floor with us three games in succession, and Mount has had little to no impact in every game. So why not try something different?

For me, I don’t see the sense in placing such importance on a loan player who in all likelihood won’t be here next season.

8 minutes ago, David said:

I would deem that as a sackable offence regardless of how the season went. 

Why?

They were completely nullified by Leeds on Saturday.

We barely created a chance. We didn’t have a shot on target.

Duane Holmes was the only one who looked like he could make something happen.

Why not try something different, especially when the two players in question are only here on loan?

I like both players but they are flat track bullies. They don’t seem to stand up too well to scrutiny.

Archived