Villa or WBA

Day

Play Off Final  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take the team we beat 7-2 on aggregate over the one that beat us 7-0 on aggregate
We've also got good history in the playoff finals against West Brom, just so long as the similarities to that year don't extend into the season after

1 minute ago, mozza said:

WBA thought we robbed 'em last time, be nice to give them the chance to get revenge, so we can rob them again. 

Except if it was West Brom, which I doubt on today’s showing, we wouldn’t rob them, we could play the baggies off the park with our slick passing.

Leeds first though.

would prefer WBA - just don't look up to it (lumpers at the back and no compactness) - also with an interim manager. Think we would do them

I don't think we would beat Villa - they do have a great squad and their manager seems to be very astute

Leeds won't be a doddle but if we approach the game right play to our own strength and show the commitment and determination we did today's can get through to the final.  WBA would be my preference having best them twice already but it's who shows up on the day and villa aren't invincible by any stretch of the imagination.We definitely have the players with experienced heads to turn up for the occasion at Wembley. GOD KNOWS WE'VE HAD ENOUGH PRACTICE.

It's in our own hands we can do this,let's not make the same mistake as we did against Fulham and show too much respect until it's too late or decide to only participate in one leg as we did against Hull.

Proud of the lads today,thought we had blown it after swansea. Hats off to Pulis for wishing us well in the playoffs. COYR.

In Frank n Jody I trust .....  We are going into the Leeds games in good form whilst they look more like Jonny Brownlee finishing a race in Mexico ?

We have the players, the mindset, the grit and the bounce ..  This might just be our summer COYR

Considering the Baggies didn't need to win today, but were obviously up for it (look at the cards they picked up, if there was no intention then there would have been fewer yellow/red cards), I would love to see the Baggies in the final, should we beat dirty, filthy, despicable Leeds.

Vengeance means Leeds and Villa.

We were pathetic at Villa Park. I didn't see my Derby against them that day. 

I want to see us beat two sides who did the double over us and show we are a force to be reckoned with.

29 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I really don’t like Grealish so I wouldn’t want to watch him falling over every 2 minutes against us, my blood pressure would blow the top of my head off 

This. 

I thought the game was generally played in good spirit yesterday (which is why  Robson-Kanu's kick at the end was so bizarre) whereas both Aston Villa and Leeds spend all their time trying to con the referee. 

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

This. 

I thought the game was generally played in good spirit yesterday (which is why  Robson-Kanu's kick at the end was so bizarre) whereas both Aston Villa and Leeds spend all their time trying to con the referee. 

Whilst true, I've watched both Dwight Gayle get banned for diving and Jay Rodriguez deliberately score with his hand twice, only getting caught once, this season.

Just now, Srg said:

Whilst true, I've watched both Dwight Gayle get banned for diving and Jay Rodriguez deliberately score with his hand twice, only getting caught once, this season.

I agree and I particularly dislike Gayle so was delighted he had such a quiet match yesterday and blew his one big chance. But I didn't see too much of that yesterday so was speaking as I found. 

31 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Vengeance means Leeds and Villa.

We were pathetic at Villa Park. I didn't see my Derby against them that day. 

I want to see us beat two sides who did the double over us and show we are a force to be reckoned with.

We should have been a couple of goals up at half time at home. Then they were all over us 2nd half, had lots of chances before they started scoring.

Here we are saying "Main season form goes out the window" and "Maybe we can do what Hull did to us", and when looking at Leeds, I have every faith in that outlook.  I truly believe we will get past them.

But I'm not so sure about Villa, and while I'd prefer to play the baggies, of course, they could have the same outlook as us... they can do to us what we did to Leeds (if we get there), and what Hull did to us!

I'm just glad that we don't have a choice, and simply have to play the cards that are dealt!

Archived