Swansea City vs Derby County

cannable
Message added by Day

RamsTV
Swansea City on 01/05/19 will NOT be available to supporters within the UK, Ireland and the Channel Isles. This is due to a decision taken by the home club meaning the live video stream will only be available Internationally.
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ramstv-faqs

Sky Sports
Please note: we can only show rescheduled or displaced games on the Red Button where respective clubs stream them on their iFollow app.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11687655/championship-football-live-8211-all-midweek-games-available-via-the-red-button-on-sky-sports-football

(Swansea are not on iFollow, they have their own in house service SwansTV)

Am confused about this. So the game isn't on Sky red button or RamsTV. But Swansea website is as below, so can watch via SwansTV??

UK and Ireland subscribers

Supporters living in the UK and Ireland will be able to purchase live streamed fixtures on a match-by-match basis at only £10 per game.

The club can only stream games that kick off outside the 3pm Saturday window. Those shown live on Sky Sports are not available.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WestKentRam said:

Am confused about this. So the game isn't on Sky red button or RamsTV. But Swansea website is as below, so can watch via SwansTV??

UK and Ireland subscribers

Supporters living in the UK and Ireland will be able to purchase live streamed fixtures on a match-by-match basis at only £10 per game.

The club can only stream games that kick off outside the 3pm Saturday window. Those shown live on Sky Sports are not available.

Because the game is a rescheduled from when Swansea played Man City in the Cup, Sky Sports can only show the game if it’s on the iFollow feed.

Swansea have their own in house service and don’t use iFollow so Sky won’t have access to the game at all.

Not only that they have blocked RamsTV from showing the feed to domestic viewers meaning it’s only available to internationally. I’m not sure how they are able to do that, if it’s because the game was rescheduled or because they run their own service but either way they are not being very nice....even more reason to stuff them.

You can either go to SwansTV and pay a tenner, or take a flight with your computer abroad and give RamsTV your fiver. 

10 minutes ago, David said:

Because the game is a rescheduled from when Swansea played Man City in the Cup, Sky Sports can only show the game if it’s on the iFollow feed.

Swansea have their own in house service and don’t use iFollow so Sky won’t have access to the game at all.

Not only that they have blocked RamsTV from showing the feed to domestic viewers meaning it’s only available to internationally. I’m not sure how they are able to do that, if it’s because the game was rescheduled or because they run their own service but either way they are not being very nice....even more reason to stuff them.

You can either go to SwansTV and pay a tenner, or take a flight with your computer abroad and give RamsTV your fiver. 

Cheers.

Just been to the bother of registering on Swansea website and it appears the game isn't available via SwansTV either after all, so contradictory advice on their site. 

Not sure I can face a huge midweek trip to watch the game live, or this VPN nonsense. 'Watching' the game on Twitter is quite the same ?

Screenshot_20190428-230913_Chrome.thumb.jpg.01c9f51397052c1e070a7ca692a6ebd0.jpg

23 minutes ago, David said:

Subtle with your last para but yep, an International connection is my plan. (Much quicker to fly to Paris than driving to Swansea haha)

9 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Cheers.

Just been to the bother of registering on Swansea website and it appears the game isn't available via SwansTV either after all, so contradictory advice on their site. 

Not sure I can face a huge midweek trip to watch the game live, or this VPN nonsense. 'Watching' the game on Twitter is quite the same ?

Screenshot_20190428-230913_Chrome.thumb.jpg.01c9f51397052c1e070a7ca692a6ebd0.jpg

I’ll let them off this time then, odd though, only thing I can think is as the game was originally scheduled for a Saturday, so normal Saturday stream rules apply maybe. Would be a bit daft though, and the RamsTV FAQ’s say this was a decision taken by the home team.

36 minutes ago, David said:

Will it be on at “The Yard”?

7 minutes ago, David said:

I’ll let them off this time then, odd though, only thing I can think is as the game was originally scheduled for a Saturday, so normal Saturday stream rules apply maybe. Would be a bit daft though, and the RamsTV FAQ’s say this was a decision taken by the home team.

Baffling.

Have found the game listed for commentary on TalkSport/2 so will listen to this, as can't get BBC Radio Derby commentary on DAB/web living out of area, and will save a fiver paying for RamsTV audio of the same.

10 hours ago, Dean_Saunders said:

I think it is tricky to “rest a few” when the team you are playing (ie us) is in the mix as current situation. League (and borough) would quite reasonably cry foul if we beat a weak 2nd string to get 6th.

But on a positive note we'd get to see Gibson explode with indignation and insinuation...

?

11 hours ago, Dean_Saunders said:

I think it is tricky to “rest a few” when the team you are playing (ie us) is in the mix as current situation. League (and borough) would quite reasonably cry foul if we beat a weak 2nd string to get 6th.

The rules only say "must use 10 outfield players from the squad in the previous game" There's nothing against them starting 8 U18 players

Make no mistake Swansea will be up for this; Potter, their manager, is an ambitious chap and being able to beat Sir Frank will be a major feather in his cap. There will be no “beach mentality” from them. It’s another cup final, “must win” game. Derby will need to be at their best again. Every player has the game of their life to play. 

35 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Make no mistake Swansea will be up for this; Potter, their manager, is an ambitious chap and being able to beat Sir Frank will be a major feather in his cap. There will be no “beach mentality” from them. It’s another cup final, “must win” game. Derby will need to be at their best again. Every player has the game of their life to play. 

I don't think they'll roll over exactly, but it won't be the same as "win this and the next and we still have a chance of the play offs"

Its not must win, its like to win out of professional pride. Not winning won't affect them in any major way

12 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

Cheers.

On a brighter note, at least you are now officially "Half Ram, Half Swan".  You can switch teams, as subsequent success and failure dictate... "RamSwan til I die, I'm RamSwan til I die..."

Ooh... Just realised... That reminds me... I had to register with Wimbledon (or whatever they were called that week), to get a customer number, to get home tickets, when we played them at that hockey ground in MK, last match of the season, when it initially looked like we might need to win to stay up, and our allocation had already been sold out.  (Got the tickets delivered to sister's address in Saafend, which she then forwarded to DE21... cheers sis!).

I think they (Their ticket office) kind of sussed though, as 5 minutes after kick off, a guy on the front row (Home end, remember!) took off his coat to reveal a Rams shirt.  Just as the stewards were eyeing up the situation, his mate did the same... then 3 rows back, I did the same.  Two minutes later, the whole block (I kid you not) revealed their Rams colours, the next block along tutted their disgust... and the game ultimately proved to be absolutely poo, but hey ho, the banter was good in that corner behind the goal!  They gained a good few extra supporters for that game, by the looks of it!  I wonder if I'm still a fan, now they've changed name/got a proper football stadium?

Might take a look at how they're doing.  Good to have a choice!  :-) 

13 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I've rearranged a French exam for this. Nearly had to lie on a mitigating circumstances form but, thankfully, they didn't end up asking any questions. It's now at 15:00 on Thursday. 

Apologies of the highest order, if I am mistaken, but did I not read somewhere that you are looking to go into Law?  Y'know... courts... pledges and oaths... trust, fairness, and honour... that sort of thing?

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Apologies of the highest order, if I am mistaken, but did I not read somewhere that you are looking to go into Law?  Y'know... courts... pledges and oaths... trust, fairness, and honour... that sort of thing?

I’m doing French on the side but hoping to incorporate it into my Law degree next year. I’m on a four-year course so I’m looking at spending 3rd year in a French-speaking country. I don’t have to do French exams this year but, if I do, I get official certification to put on my CV.

13 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I've rearranged a French exam for this. Nearly had to lie on a mitigating circumstances form but, thankfully, they didn't end up asking any questions. It's now at 15:00 on Thursday. 

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

5 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’m doing French on the side but hoping to incorporate it into my Law degree next year. I’m on a four-year course so I’m looking at spending 3rd year in a French-speaking country. I don’t have to do French exams this year but, if I do, I get official certification to put on my CV.

So... a "Yes" then!   

Hmmm... Thought so...

Henry-Martin-Cartoons-Punch-1987-02-04-1

Archived