Swansea City vs Derby County

cannable
Message added by David

RamsTV
Swansea City on 01/05/19 will NOT be available to supporters within the UK, Ireland and the Channel Isles. This is due to a decision taken by the home club meaning the live video stream will only be available Internationally.
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ramstv-faqs

Sky Sports
Please note: we can only show rescheduled or displaced games on the Red Button where respective clubs stream them on their iFollow app.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11687655/championship-football-live-8211-all-midweek-games-available-via-the-red-button-on-sky-sports-football

(Swansea are not on iFollow, they have their own in house service SwansTV)

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stroker Ace said:

I think Frank will take the pressure off this one. In reality its a free hit. We have everything to gain from a win. The goal difference to Boro will increase with a win, leaving their task harder. A loss or draw and it’s still up to us on Sunday so we have nothing to lose by going for it in Wales. 

I think we’ll do it Swansea’s draw v Hull means they are already on the beach. We have 3 Welsh internationals in the squad if you include Ledley so maybe The Swans will be helpful. 

That’ll be another one for the Brizzle conspiracy theorists.

Ledley ? Blast from the past......who does he play for now ?

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Team for me:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Ambrose Malone

Huddlestone Johnson 

Bennett Mount Lawrence 

Waghorn

Unbelievably harsh on Evans after his stunning game the other day, but I am just wary of playing people in positions that aren’t their natural fit (or in Evans case, perhaps are but he hasnt played much there), so I feel a round peg in a round hole would be safer if Tomoris out given we have the choice now, which we didn’t Saturday since frank selected a bench without a natural centre half which was bizzare. Wilson again was pretty poo, weak and muscles out of everything, poor touch and really didn’t add much other than losing us possession. Bennett once again made us a better team coming off the bench so think he deserves a start. Only other interesting one is that midfield, again I’m not quite sure how I’d play it if I was frank, Johnson and Mount at times don’t really know whether they’re centre centre mids or more attacking/defensive (Think they need to make their minds up personally cause it can get slightly chaotic) but it does beg the question whether we go 4231 again or 433 with the same personnel. Then of course Holmes is fit so could see an arguement for his return, but maybe away from home solidity is needed.

Swansea are obviously a decent team , but with West Brom to come and three points needed, I think this is one of those away games where you need to getting the three points really, even if it’s not pretty. They’re a decent possession side we know that, so we need to make sure we have our pressing game perfected if we’re gonna get the ball back off them, and make sure we close off options for them otherwise home advantage will really suit them and we’ll be played around. That James is a top player too, I’d want bogle paying special attention and not over attacking to keep him quiet. Another huge match this one, don’t want to see anything being left on the pitch from our players, I want them battling in every tackle, pressing right back to force mistakes and a real showing of energy, we’re gonna need it to get over the line. Quite likely to have to play on the counter so hopefully we’re well practiced in making the most of those situations, need quality through balls and wingers able to beat their men rather than being bullied. 

Sadly will be listening to Ramage on this one? as I have uni Thursday but good luck to you lot going, another massive game! COYR

Mate, you wanted to drop Wilson two back, he goes and nets a brace. You wanted Lawrence out yesterday, he nets twice too though only one counted. Now you want to drop arguably the MOTM from our last outing! Clearly he's going to make a goal-line clearance now and probably net the winning goal too. Your reverse psychology stuff is genius. Keep up the good work! ?

17 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Mate, you wanted to drop Wilson two back, he goes and nets a brace. You wanted Lawrence out yesterday, he nets twice too though only one counted. Now you want to drop arguably the MOTM from our last outing! Clearly he's going to make a goal-line clearance now and probably net the winning goal too. Your reverse psychology stuff is genius. Keep up the good work! ?

Hold up when did I want Lawrence out? I thought I was the one saying he wasn’t poor against QPR against the general consensus? I did want Wilson out tbf, he did show me up there but he’s gotta get his overall game sorted. Aha perhaps it is my insanity that’s working wonders?

In all fairness, from what I could gather, tomori may yet make Wednesday 

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Hold up when did I want Lawrence out? I thought I was the one saying he wasn’t poor against QPR against the general consensus? I did want Wilson out tbf, he did show me up there but he’s gotta get his overall game sorted. Aha perhaps it is my insanity that’s working wonders?

In all fairness, from what I could gather, tomori may yet make Wednesday 

Was just messing with you mate!

But if you don't mind posting that you want Lawrence, Mount, Wilson and Waghorn dropped I'd be obliged ?

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Was just messing with you mate!

But if you don't mind posting that you want Lawrence, Mount, Wilson and Waghorn dropped I'd be obliged ?

I’ll go one better... the whole team is poo, drop them all and play the u23s! Whole lot of them are like clones of Conor sammon, couldn’t trap a bag of cement!

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Team for me:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Ambrose Malone

Huddlestone Johnson 

Bennett Mount Lawrence 

Waghorn

Unbelievably harsh on Evans after his stunning game the other day, but I am just wary of playing people in positions that aren’t their natural fit (or in Evans case, perhaps are but he hasnt played much there), so I feel a round peg in a round hole would be safer if Tomoris out given we have the choice now, which we didn’t Saturday since frank selected a bench without a natural centre half which was bizzare. Wilson again was pretty poo, weak and muscles out of everything, poor touch and really didn’t add much other than losing us possession. Bennett once again made us a better team coming off the bench so think he deserves a start. Only other interesting one is that midfield, again I’m not quite sure how I’d play it if I was frank, Johnson and Mount at times don’t really know whether they’re centre centre mids or more attacking/defensive (Think they need to make their minds up personally cause it can get slightly chaotic) but it does beg the question whether we go 4231 again or 433 with the same personnel. Then of course Holmes is fit so could see an arguement for his return, but maybe away from home solidity is needed.

Swansea are obviously a decent team , but with West Brom to come and three points needed, I think this is one of those away games where you need to getting the three points really, even if it’s not pretty. They’re a decent possession side we know that, so we need to make sure we have our pressing game perfected if we’re gonna get the ball back off them, and make sure we close off options for them otherwise home advantage will really suit them and we’ll be played around. That James is a top player too, I’d want bogle paying special attention and not over attacking to keep him quiet. Another huge match this one, don’t want to see anything being left on the pitch from our players, I want them battling in every tackle, pressing right back to force mistakes and a real showing of energy, we’re gonna need it to get over the line. Quite likely to have to play on the counter so hopefully we’re well practiced in making the most of those situations, need quality through balls and wingers able to beat their men rather than being bullied. 

Sadly will be listening to Ramage on this one? as I have uni Thursday but good luck to you lot going, another massive game! COYR

I also have uni on Thursday morning but I'm still going....?? 

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Boro are not playing that well...not guaranteed to win at Rotherham. I think if I had the choice I would rather have a home game against WBA who might rest a few with the play offs coming up...

I think it is tricky to “rest a few” when the team you are playing (ie us) is in the mix as current situation. League (and borough) would quite reasonably cry foul if we beat a weak 2nd string to get 6th.

On 27/04/2019 at 20:53, JfR said:

This one isn't, at least not in the UK. The FAQs on the RamsTV part of the site says "Swansea City on 01/05/19 will NOT be available to supporters within the UK, Ireland and the Channel Isles. This is due to a decision taken by the home club meaning the live video stream will only be available Internationally." Spoil sports don't want their inevitable humiliation at our hands being shown in this country by the looks of it.

You all need to look up something beginning with V and ending in N, only 3 letters!

1 hour ago, Shorty389 said:

I also have uni on Thursday morning but I'm still going....?? 

I've rearranged a French exam for this. Nearly had to lie on a mitigating circumstances form but, thankfully, they didn't end up asking any questions. It's now at 15:00 on Thursday. 

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I've rearranged a French exam for this. Nearly had to lie on a mitigating circumstances form but, thankfully, they didn't end up asking any questions. It's now at 15:00 on Thursday. 

Plenty of time to get back and get *some* sleep then ??

16 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

No purple juice then mate. Concentrate on the exam and have a clear head yeh? 

Think we will need to win one of the last two games to get 6th. 2 draws won't be enough. 

Archived