Swansea City vs Derby County

cannable
Message added by Day

RamsTV
Swansea City on 01/05/19 will NOT be available to supporters within the UK, Ireland and the Channel Isles. This is due to a decision taken by the home club meaning the live video stream will only be available Internationally.
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/ramstv-faqs

Sky Sports
Please note: we can only show rescheduled or displaced games on the Red Button where respective clubs stream them on their iFollow app.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11687655/championship-football-live-8211-all-midweek-games-available-via-the-red-button-on-sky-sports-football

(Swansea are not on iFollow, they have their own in house service SwansTV)

Tricky game.

we stuffed them pretty easily at PP but i think their new manager has done brilliantly. He has discovered so many good young players. It just shows what can happen. James, mcburnie, rodon and roberts have all done well. But so have roos, bogle, bennett and holmes.

we just need to avoid a repeat of the blackburn performance. We seem to dip a bit in mid-week games, but this is our chance. 

I'll leave the team selection to frank, but i wouldn't be surprised to see Tomori and holmes back. 

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the one hand, Swansea may be a mixture of deflated and looking to holidays, but on the other I have a horrible suspicion that we'll be flat after giving so much yesterday.

Three points, no matter how and we're virtually in the play offs. I ample gut tells me a disappointing draw and needing something vs WBA is how this will play out. Although, WBA may well be looking towards their play off matches and tippy toe our match rather than play it as do or die (but then, they may well play it 100% focus and want to stuff a potential play off team)

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

We might as well get beaten if we can only manage a draw as that will still mean we will have to win the final game against West Brom, a draw is not really any use to us.

Unless we get our arses handed to us on a plate by Swansea meaning the goal difference advantage we currently have over Boro is hugely eroded and then overtaken if they whip Rotherham on the final day.

Still think this will come down to the Baggies home game and it's not as easy a prospect as the bookies 8 to 1 on odds are illustrating.

Not the case. A draw at Swansea will mean Boro have to win at Rotherham....

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Sorry I was assuming that Boro would do the necessary at Rotherham if I didnt make that clear 

Boro are not playing that well...not guaranteed to win at Rotherham. I think if I had the choice I would rather have a home game against WBA who might rest a few with the play offs coming up...

Our fate is in our hands. We are capable of winning both and we should set out to do so. Evans must play centre half if Fik is not fit. Swansea are a good side but so are we and I think we have got momentum and a steely belief instilled by Frank and Morris Minor. We have won 2 on the bounce without conceding. If we can keep a clean sheet we just need to score 1. And I think we will.,

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

They can break your arm with just one peck. ?

It's basically a self-fulfilling prophecy.

There have been several recorded cases of people trying to get away from a swan vigorously defending its nest - probably because people are wary of anecdotal evidence suggesting that "a swan can break your arm" - only for them to trip over when taking evasive action, stumble, fall, put their arm out to protect themselves ...

and become an anecdote themselves.

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's basically a self-fulfilling prophecy.

There have been several recorded cases of people trying to get away from a swan vigorously defending its nest - probably because people are wary of anecdotal evidence suggesting that "a swan can break your arm" - only for them to trip over when taking evasive action, stumble, fall, put their arm out to protect themselves ...

and become an anecdote themselves.

Thanks for clearing that one up @eddie

My team line-up assuming Tomori won't make it would be:

Roos

Bogle Evans Keogh Malone (assuming Cole is injured)

Huddlestone Johnson

Wilson   Mount      Lawrence 

Marriott 

Subs: Waghorn, Bennett ,Carson, Wisdom, Macdonald, ,Jozefoon ,Bird 

It makes sense to have an unchanged back 4 and GK and also Johnson and Huddlestone to start together after they played well against Bristol, the attack is hard to choose but I think Marriott should start as he is more dangerous on the counter attack than Waghorn with his pace and I think that front 4 would cause teams a lot of problems. Arguably Lawrence could be replaced by Bennett or Waghorn but after his goal and good performance it isn't the time to drop him. Wilson also has to start due to his goal scoring ability and he may be extra motivated due to him being Welsh  , and if we need a goal Waghorn ,Bennett or Jozefoon can come on. I think Waghorn will start , but I think it would make sense to play Marriott away from home for the counter attack ability and then play Waghorn on Sunday for his hold up play. We might need Marriott for the playoffs so it would be good to get him back to full confidence after a goal or two.

28 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Sorry I was assuming that Boro would do the necessary at Rotherham if I didnt make that clear 

Also, if boro fail to win, then 2 draws are needed to beat Bristol, if they win their last 2.

35 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

With relegation confirmed I can't see Rotherham pulling the big guts keep us up performance and I'm sure Boro will win.

See Fulham for what a team can become once their relegation is confirmed and the pressure is off ? Won 3 in a row!

I think Boro will win but I don't think it'll matter. Think we'll get 6 pts from the next 6.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can't see Albion busting a gut at our place either ?

That might depend on the outcome of Leeds’ game against Villa today because if Villa win and Leeds don’t win their last game, Albion could pip them to third place meaning they’d get whoever finishes sixth (us hopefully) as opposed to Villa in the play offs.

I think Frank will take the pressure off this one. In reality its a free hit. We have everything to gain from a win. The goal difference to Boro will increase with a win, leaving their task harder. A loss or draw and it’s still up to us on Sunday so we have nothing to lose by going for it in Wales. 

I think we’ll do it Swansea’s draw v Hull means they are already on the beach. We have 3 Welsh internationals in the squad if you include Ledley so maybe The Swans will be helpful. 

That’ll be another one for the Brizzle conspiracy theorists.

Archived