The Politics Thread 2019

Day

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

No choice now but to have a general election and cull these mugs. 
Hopefully it will decimate the Labour Party, get rid of the independents and make the Liberals a non-entity. 

I hope both the Labour  and Conservative parties get ripped to bits to be honest. Neither of them are fit for purpose.

I'd say he's had it coming a while now not that I agree with what happened. Far from it. His voting record is that of a rather unpleasant little man with nothing but disdain for anyone not of his ilk and he was always going to experience the same kind of grief that remainer politicians have been subjected to by the yellow vests and the like whilst trying to enter Westminster.  I don't recall any similar outrage on here over their behaviour from Brexit advocates. The rather hackneyed line that only the left has a lunatic fringe is as tiresome now as it is untrue. This is what this most divisive of issues has led us to and it won't end here.

9 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I'd say he's had it coming a while now not that I agree with what happened. Far from it. His voting record is that of a rather unpleasant little man with nothing but disdain for anyone not of his ilk and he was always going to experience the same kind of grief that remainer politicians have been subjected to by the yellow vests and the like whilst trying to enter Westminster.  I don't recall any similar outrage on here over their behaviour from Brexit advocates. The rather hackneyed line that only the left has a lunatic fringe is as tiresome now as it is untrue. This is what this most divisive of issues has led us to and it won't end here.

Which remainer mps got abuse with their kids? 

17 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

JRM has been targeted on several occasions as well over the years. 

32 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

The divisive issue I assume you are talking about was settled with a referendum it's only the anti democratic losers that are dragging us into the gutter. 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Hopefully it will decimate the Labour Party, get rid of the independents and make the Liberals a non-entity. 

Blimey. What would that House of Commons look like? Doesn't sound very good for democracy. And sounds terrible for checks on the power of government.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Only choice now is for Johnson to send a letter to the president of the European Council to request an extension to Article 50 until 31 January 2020.

30 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Only choice now is for Johnson to send a letter to the president of the European Council to request an extension to Article 50 until 31 January 2020.

And if they refuse. Which I now hope they do and we feck off hard style.. I've had it with them.

31 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

I am out of the country and no access to BBC and C4 to get a good understanding of the implications and what could happen next week. I tried with info from BBC site to get a bit more understanding but would be grateful  For some explanations on here in simple terms...

It's all A load of rollox

Archived