The Politics Thread 2019

Day

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Curtains said:

No mate. The EU needs us more than we need them. 

They need our cash. 

PS There is a difference between the withdrawal agreement and the future agreement 

Still dodging the truth.

If we leave, they will still get our cash.  We will be paying trade tariffs.

So tell me what is the future agreement, and how will it be a better agreement than the one we have now?

You simply  cannot, so you will not answer it.

6 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Still dodging the truth.

No way 

The truth was on the leaflet posted by the government before the referendum .

It said a once a generation decision 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/515068/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk.pdf

A once in a generation decision
 The referendum on Thursday, 23rd June is your chance to decide if we should remain in or leave the European Union.
The Government believes it is in the best interests of the UK to remain in the EU.
This is the way to protect jobs, provide security, and strengthen the UK’s economy for every family in this country – a clear path into the future, in contrast to the uncertainty of leaving.
This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide.
If you’re aged 18 or over by 23rd June and are entitled to vote, this is your chance to decide.
Registration ends on 7th June. Find out how to register at Aboutmyvote.co.uk
and register online at Gov.uk/register-to-vote
If you would like to know more about any of the information in this leaflet, go to: EUReferendum.gov.uk

19 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

By the people who got them to vote for a web of lies, hokum and conjecture.

Personally, I would have no problem if the referendum had been well structured and the outcome clearly laid out, maybe with some defined trigger like a clear majority needed. I'm a Labour voter, I have lifelong experience of losing to votes I don't agree with. ?

How much money was spent on this 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/515068/why-the-government-believes-that-voting-to-remain-in-the-european-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk.pdf

The Government believes that voting to remain in the European Union is the best decision for the UK.
Protecting jobs A stronger economy Providing security
The EU referendum is a once in a generation decision. The Government believes it is in you and your family’s best interests that the UK remains
in the European Union.
Vote on Thursday, 23rd June 2016.
If you would like further information, please visit the Government’s EU referendum website at EUReferendum.gov.uk

20 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

By the people who got them to vote for a web of lies, hokum and conjecture.

Nah mate.

30 billion black hole. NHS, police and education having instant huge cuts. A deep recession.

Tory manifesto ripped up as it wouldn't in anyway be able to be honoured. 

Emergency taxes. Instant tax hikes on petrol, alcohol, drugs. 

And that was the first 2 weeks after we voted leave in 2016.

Oh no it wasn't.

It works both ducking ways, and don't deny it.

2 hours ago, Moist One said:

Think you’ve totally missed the context. Please read again 

Read it again. You said the EU caused some negative things. One is an increase of benefits claiming immigrants pushing up house prices. I described why that's not true. 

What context did I miss? 

27 minutes ago, Norman said:

Nah mate.

30 billion black hole. NHS, police and education having instant huge cuts. A deep recession.

Oh no it wasn't.

Nope, you've lost me?

33 minutes ago, Curtains said:

How much money was spent on this 

The Government believes that voting to remain in the European Union is the best decision for the UK.
Protecting jobs A stronger economy Providing security
The EU referendum is a once in a generation decision. The Government believes it is in you and your family’s best interests that the UK remains
in the European Union.
Vote on Thursday, 23rd June 2016.
If you would like further information, please visit the Government’s EU referendum website at EUReferendum.gov.uk

I know, I agree. See my Ed Milliband quote earlier.

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Nah mate.

Oh no it wasn't.

Be patient you haven’t left yet

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Curtains said:

My point was despite that people voted to leave by a majority 

Without knowing what they voted for. Would you buy a house off farage without seeing it? Advertised as 5 beds, detached, garage,  3 acres..you buy it and find out its a bedsit.

No one mentioned that things change?

I know two exiters not long for this world and a couple of youngsters now able to vote who are pro eu

Given the age demographic of the referendum it will be interesting to see how that might work out and what the youngsters are landed with that they didn't vote for

Meanwhile, someone explain to me how the exiters' 17 million is a majority when the population is 66 million

Not allowing the biggest group who would be affected to vote, ie the youngsters is a total betrayal of democracy

But they can't vote because they are not 18. However they can drive, have kids and join the army

Totally flawed system

Meh

Sith Happens
12 minutes ago, dog said:

No one mentioned that things change?

I know two exiters not long for this world and a couple of youngsters now able to vote who are pro eu

Given the age demographic of the referendum it will be interesting to see how that might work out and what the youngsters are landed with that they didn't vote for

Meanwhile, someone explain to me how the exiters' 17 million is a majority when the population is 66 million

Not allowing the biggest group who would be affected to vote, ie the youngsters is a total betrayal of democracy

But they can't vote because they are not 18. However they can drive, have kids and join the army

Totally flawed system

Meh

Those not long for this world..how many times have they said.. That Enoch powell knew what he was on About?

This thread was interesting discussion until @Curtains showed up and filled in with loads of 6 word posts.

I remember how he was singing May's praises before the general election and talking up how she was going to romp home. Then hilariously disappeared after the result.

Now he's back here slagging her off. You voted for her mate. It's your fault Brexit is a mess!

47 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

This thread was interesting discussion until @Curtains showed up and filled in with loads of 6 word posts.

I remember how he was singing May's praises before the general election and talking up how she was going to romp home. Then hilariously disappeared after the result.

Now he's back here slagging her off. You voted for her mate. It's your fault Brexit is a mess!

DE83436F-C1FE-4CBB-9196-3D943C2E60B1.gif

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Without knowing what they voted for. Would you buy a house off farage without seeing it? Advertised as 5 beds, detached, garage,  3 acres..you buy it and find out its a bedsit.

You wouldn't even ended up with a bedsit. He'll walked away, leaving you with just a glossy sales brocher that never a floor plan of the dream house in it to start with.

Archived