The Politics Thread 2019

Day

4 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

That is like being married for 40 years, then just leaving the house with just the shirt on your back, no wallet, no phone, no bank cards and no money.  The only people that want no deal, and will not suffer, are the tax avoiders.  JRM and his crisis capitalist company in the Caymans, and Dyson moving to Singapore - who now have a 0 tariff trade deal with Europe...

No the EU listened and agreed to the May deal.  They are sticking to what they agreed to.  May pitched a dog's dinner and the EU said, if you are sure you want that, then fine, however you have to stick to it, as we don't want to play ping pong.  Can't blame them, there are 27 other countries to bear in mind.

Nope, wrong, no one is begging for anything,  How can we be?  We are leaving.  However it is not apparent that a lot of people where lied to.  Already the NHS is suffering, go look at the fruit farmer video, he voted leave, and now he is fundamentally out of business.

You do not know that.

That is BS from Esther McVey.  We have opted out of having the Euro, and have done for a long time.  To opt in would need a referendum, and I am pretty sure keeping the £ would win.  However if we did opt to have the Euro, there is no downside that I can see.  Be a lot harder for the tax avoiders and money launders that rinse their cash through London.

The EU is a failed project. 

You will see in the future 

Staying in the EU is a massive mistake a massive mistake 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Curtains said:

We are now being humiliated by the EU 

Nonsense. The most indecisive Prime Minister the country has ever seen, 'leading' a fractured association of reasonably moderate Tories and right-wing extremists, repeatedly trying to use Elastoplast and Bostik to repair the damage to her 'party' is the ultimate self-induced humiliation. Couple that with having to bribe a dozen or so 'Unionist-supremacists' representing a cult of anti-abortionists, homophobes and god-botherers just to give her a 'working' (ha!) majority in the House of Commons and it's as plain as day that the humiliation in self-induced.

All the EU is doing is trying to prevent a stupid government from throwing the entire country off a cliff edge because the trampoline that was supposed to be placed at the bottom hasn't been built yet or is not fit for purpose.

33 minutes ago, Curtains said:

EU will make us have the Euro now 

Thats fun 

Another one who believed the 'Lisbon Treaty' lies that were circulating on Facebook. ?

Just now, eddie said:

Nonsense. The most indecisive Prime Minister the country has ever seen, 'leading' a fractured association of reasonably moderate Tories and right-wing extremists, repeatedly trying to use Elastoplast and Bostik to repair the damage to her 'party' is the ultimate self-induced humiliation. Couple that with having to bribe a dozen or so 'Unionist-supremacists' representing a cult of anti-abortionists, homophobes and god-botherers just to give her a 'working' (ha!) majority in the House of Commons and it's as plain as day that the humiliation in self-induced.

All the EU is doing is trying to prevent a stupid government from throwing the entire country off a cliff edge because the trampoline that was supposed to be placed at the bottom hasn't been built yet or is not fit for purpose.

Cliff edge 

Get real 

Project fear has got to you. 

Of course our economy is so bad right ! 

The irony of the Labour Blair years. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

The remainer  House of Parliament makes me sick. 

Begging France and Germany is a disgrace. 

739878651_oldmancloud.jpg.742ad6e7f8a24b5389e2e97d53971abd.jpg

@Curtains Go do some research, and I don't mean just google, you have seriously been swept up in the right wing propaganda. 

Neither of the main two parties are fit to run this country, or negotiate the relationship with Europe, never mind trying to negotiate with any other country if we do leave the EU. 

We have £345billion worth of trade with the EU, £125billion with the next 10 countries outside of the EU.  So tell me how do we balance the trade when we leave? 

So as a Brexiteer, if you company makes job cuts, because of brexit, will you be volunteering?  After all, that is what you voted for...

Please do tell us how the EU has negatively impacted your life, and what benefits you will have once we leave?

This whole Brexit farce has clearly demonstrated that the UK political structure needs to be torn apart and rebuilt, smaller parties working together.

4 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

@Curtains Go do some research, and I don't mean just google, you have seriously been swept up in the right wing propaganda. 

Neither of the main two parties are fit to run this country, or negotiate the relationship with Europe, never mind trying to negotiate with any other country if we do leave the EU. 

We have £345billion worth of trade with the EU, £125billion with the next 10 countries outside of the EU.  So tell me how do we balance the trade when we leave? 

So as a Brexiteer, if you company makes job cuts, because of brexit, will you be volunteering?  After all, that is what you voted for...

Please do tell us how the EU has negatively impacted your life, and what benefits you will have once we leave?

This whole Brexit farce has clearly demonstrated that the UK political structure needs to be torn apart and rebuilt, smaller parties working together.

DC9237E3-A8C4-440A-9C02-1CA697D73275.jpegReally 17.4 Million disregarded never allowed to see the rewards of leaving. 

600MPs think they know best  

Just now, Curtains said:

So the Pounds  safe 

17.4 Million disregarded

By not denying it, you have basically demonstrated to everyone that you are very gullible.

A word of advice:

168801747_DontbelieveeverythingLincoln.jpg.b1b7a938b904dec516e618875764c40a.jpg

Just now, Spanish said:

and you believe in project utopia so probably best not to criticise those who do have concerns over brexit (deal or no deal)

Never Utopia just look at the EU and you will see that 

5 Countries paying for the other 23. 

Just now, Curtains said:

Never Utopia just look at the EU and you will see that 

5 Countries paying for the other 23. 

you don't know what you will get by leaving, you just know what you will be leaving behind.  To call it project fear shows you have blinded yourself to the risks.  So be it but  I thought I would waste 10 seconds pointing it out.  

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So the Pounds  safe 

17.4 Million disregarded

Have a word - 16.1 Million voted to remain.

Whichever way you want to look at it - over 16 million people are going to be disregarded. It's completely immoral to disregard that proportion of any society.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Eddie you are so ridiculous.

You know better than 17.4 Million people. 

They where lied to, it has been proven.

Like I said, if/when we brexit and the jobs are cut, are you holding your hand up, you did vote for it.

Can't answer that can you?  Just like you can't answer any of the other questions.  However, yours are answered and you just bark at the moon.

Archived