The Politics Thread 2019

Day

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

I’ve got no time for thugs on either side of the political spectrum. Just shared this on here because he was aspiring to be a politician 

Where's the context in that video?

Is that just a random guy he's walked up to and punched for no reason? 

Interesting piece here on how The Tories aren't actually conservative anymore.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/07/brexit-strange-death-british-conservatism

Are there any people on here who would say they were conservative but who are deeply alarmed by the Conservative party?

Does the old idea of people voting Tory as they get older still exist if the Conservative party are no longer conservative?

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where's the context in that video?

Is that just a random guy he's walked up to and punched for no reason? 

Reading on other social media, apparently a person asked what flavour milkshake he liked, Tommy’s gone to minders and said “who said that” and has gone up and whacked the one who thinks he’s said it from behind. 

12 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Reading on other social media, apparently a person asked what flavour milkshake he liked, Tommy’s gone to minders and said “who said that” and has gone up and whacked the one who thinks he’s said it from behind. 

Some fans wouldn't join Tommy in singing F the Ira so he punched them

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Some fans wouldn't join Tommy in singing F the Ira so he punched them

You hear that much going around you’re not sure what to believe, I just replied with that one as I’ve seen that the most

8 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

You hear that much going around you’re not sure what to believe, I just replied with that one as I’ve seen that the most

Well TRs version of events is that he was attending the match with his wife and that the guy was calling him a fascist and generally being aggressive and getting in his face. 

After asking him to leave him and his wife alone twice the guy carried on with his aggressive behaviour and eventually got put on his arse.

Sounds like he got what he deserved if he was using intimidating behaviour towards someone out with his wife.

As a counter to this, it does look like TR hunted the guy down and it was a cowardly punch from behind. 

Amazing that some of the mainstream media have decided this was worthy of reporting despite there appearing to have been a blanket ban on reporting anything about him for the last few months.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well TRs version of events is that he was attending the match with his wife and that the guy was calling him a fascist and generally being aggressive and getting in his face. 

After asking him to leave him and his wife alone twice the guy carried on with his aggressive behaviour and eventually got put on his arse.

Sounds like he got what he deserved if he was using intimidating behaviour towards someone out with his wife.

As a counter to this, it does look like TR hunted the guy down and it was a cowardly punch from behind. 

Amazing that some of the mainstream media have decided this was worthy of reporting despite there appearing to have been a blanket ban on reporting anything about him for the last few months.

No single female in that clip.  BS from the twit, if you ask me.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

You wouldn't have a go at an actor in the street because they played a character you didn't like! A) It's just their job and B) they are acting!

Yay, social justice for all

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/08/jeremy-corbyn-to-drop-social-mobility-as-labour-goal?CMP=share_btn_tw

Next step, pay everyone the same - we'll soon have that communist utopia ?

Seriously though Jordan Peterson fans will be shaking their heads - its very difficult to enforce opportunity of outcome without causing resent amongst the risk takers and those that do work hard to try and get ahead.

20 hours ago, 1of4 said:

A wins a win no matter how many votes more than the opposition. Well thats what leave voters keep telling me.

My point is that he is celebrating it. Saying it shows he will win a general election. It's the smallest percentage point win, ever. Nobody has got a seat with a lower percentage. A split vote if ever you will see one.

The bloke is so ducking deluded.

The strategy of waiting on the fence until he can leap off it to force a general election is mad. He won't win it.

In the meantime, he is doing nothing of any good for this country.

If you are Lib Dems, at least you are doing what you can for the good of the country, if that's your opinion. And fair play to them.

But Labour? What do they stand for? What are they doing? duck all. Waiting for that mystical general election and frothing at the mouth to anyone with a different opinion. Tolerance my arse.

42 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Yay, social justice for all

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/08/jeremy-corbyn-to-drop-social-mobility-as-labour-goal?CMP=share_btn_tw

Next step, pay everyone the same - we'll soon have that communist utopia ?

Seriously though Jordan Peterson fans will be shaking their heads - its very difficult to enforce opportunity of outcome without causing resent amongst the risk takers and those that do work hard to try and get ahead.

They've got bigger problems to worry about ?

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Without the usual rhetoric, what does he stand for?

Football hooliganism and thuggery for all. He is what's known in polite circles a a mindless oaf.

22 minutes ago, eddie said:

Football hooliganism and thuggery for all. He is what's known in polite circles a a mindless oaf.

Any chance of a sensible answer? 

I'm going to guess and say you've actually never seem anything that he has to say and are just going from what has been reported by the mainstream media.

And of course that's your perogative of course. 

On 07/06/2019 at 14:12, StivePesley said:

Still leading his party  - which is more than can be said for the guy who called the referendum and the woman who tried (and failed) to implement the result

I get your point - he takes a lot of kickings from people who think he should somehow be doing more, but at least he's stuck to his guns that Brexit is a symptom and until we address the root cause the country will never come back together. I think if he'd explicitly picked a side, he'd also be gone by now

His strategy may also fail eventually - but if it does we'll have bigger problems to worry about

He could have voted for a deal though couldn’t he ? 

But his huge ego makes him think he could negotiate significantly better with the EU. Or, oops maybe it’s just hoping to enjoy the benefits of getting power from the collateral damage everyone else’s failings. 

9 minutes ago, jono said:

He could have voted for a deal though couldn’t he ? 

But his huge ego makes him think he could negotiate significantly better with the EU. Or, oops maybe it’s just hoping to enjoy the benefits of getting power from the collateral damage everyone else’s failings. 

He could have voted for the deal that the tories couldn't bring themselves to support? 

Archived