The Politics Thread 2019

Day

15 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Nail on the head.

Biggest consumer of processed food - USA, 2nd UK.

Most obese country USA, 2nd UK.

You should not eat anything, that is processed, that has more than 5 ingredients, or if you struggle with that, has an ingredient that you cannot pronounce or recognise.

Going by some of the photos of meals posted on here. Then there's a number of members on the site eating meals that are not good for them.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Switched on Radio 4 this morning and they were interviewing Farage about the Peterboro by-election result. Then turned on the TV and BBC Breakfast were interviewing Farage about the Peterboro by-election result. Then the news comes on and they were interviewing Farage about the Peterboro by-election result.

I can't believe that the Brexit Party won the Peterboro by-election

Oh wait hang on - they didn't ?

54 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Switched on Radio 4 this morning and they were interviewing Farage about the Peterboro by-election result. Then turned on the TV and BBC Breakfast were interviewing Farage about the Peterboro by-election result. Then the news comes on and they were interviewing Farage about the Peterboro by-election result.

I can't believe that the Brexit Party won the Peterboro by-election

Oh wait hang on - they didn't ?

Shocking the way the mainstream media refuses to give airtime to these people, the dirty commies that they are.

Surely the news story is that Peterborough voted 63% leave in the EU referendum. Way above the national average, and this by-election was caused by the fact that the sitting Labour MP ended up in prison!

An open goal for the Brexit party you'd think? Yes they didn't lose by much, but lose they did.

The fact that a spokesman for the Brexit party has blamed the loss on "pakistani families living 14 to a house in the inner city" is astonishing

36 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Surely the news story is that Peterborough voted 63% leave in the EU referendum. Way above the national average, and this by-election was caused by the fact that the sitting Labour MP ended up in prison!

An open goal for the Brexit party you'd think? Yes they didn't lose by much, but lose they did.

The fact that a spokesman for the Brexit party has blamed the loss on "pakistani families living 14 to a house in the inner city" is astonishing

Stop exaggerating, Peterborough merely voted 60.9% leave. 

The good thing is we don't need to vote in Peterborough again, and any new elections would be a failure to action the will of the people.

38 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Didn't Brexit and Con get over 50% combined?

I would say a Con leader who supports a No Deal will wipe the Brexit Party out. 

But that is the point of the Brexit party. Brexit. If they force the Conservatives to get a leader who supports a No Deal, their work is done. 

I think their work is done anyway. They can't afford to be running for general elections. They just had to oust May and get in someone like Hunt or Johnson.

The only point of the Brexit Party now is maybe force a hand in negotiations, but I think they needed the threat of a sitting MP to force that.

So basically, a wake up to the conservaties. You split the vote and lose out, or win all the Brexit voters back.

Just now, Norman said:

3 months a go, we were heading for a long extension and a possible second referendum.

Now we are heading for a No Deal. 3 months is all it took Farage to do that.

What the duck is Corbyn doing??

Waiting for no deal, obviously.

23 minutes ago, Norman said:

3 months a go, we were heading for a long extension and a possible second referendum.

Still leading his party  - which is more than can be said for the guy who called the referendum and the woman who tried (and failed) to implement the result

I get your point - he takes a lot of kickings from people who think he should somehow be doing more, but at least he's stuck to his guns that Brexit is a symptom and until we address the root cause the country will never come back together. I think if he'd explicitly picked a side, he'd also be gone by now

His strategy may also fail eventually - but if it does we'll have bigger problems to worry about

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

If a general election were to be held tomorrow, they could potentially get the biggest vote share. They would most likely in England and Wales. I'm watching analysis from John Curtis right now. He just stated the leave voters in that constituency were split between the Brexit party and the Conservatives, 48-48. That shows along with the vote share of the Conservative percentage, that not everybody has decided to jump ship quite yet. One way or another the Brexit party will prevent a majority and minority government. The narrative has almost become the Brexit party can't win a general election. Think about that and what people were saying about politics just 9 weeks ago, before it even existed. 

6 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Wow - he certainly had "an important message" to get across to that guy. 

Given the number of news outlets in the replies trying to get permission to use the footage, I think Tommeh might be in trouble (again)

I’ve got no time for thugs on either side of the political spectrum. Just shared this on here because he was aspiring to be a politician 

4 hours ago, Norman said:

Amazing what our MPs will sacrifice when faced with the possibility of losing their cushy jobs. By voting for a no deal brexit they will be sacrificing the future of many of our nations youth.

Leading a political party that as just won the most recent by-election.

10 minutes ago, Norman said:

By its worst total vote in that constituency.

A wins a win no matter how many votes more than the opposition. Well thats what leave voters keep telling me.

Archived