Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Can you bring back eye rolls please @David?

You will have to eat your words if Frank leaves right. 

If he stays I will be happy but you have no reason to be over confident he’s staying have you .

If Frank stayed if the job was offered he may never get the chance again. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You will have to eat your words if Frank leaves right. 

If he stays I will be happy but you have no reason to be over confident he’s staying have you .

If Frank stayed if the job was offered he may never get the chance again. 

I know he’s going to leave! I just know it isn’t going to be this summer.

The reason I am over confident is it’s all made up paper ********. The link is so simple and easy to make. He’s said he’s staying, he looks visibly pissed off every time a journalist asked him, Chelsea still have a manager and even when they don’t... they aren’t going to come calling for Lampard yet. 

The Chelsea job will always come up years down the line. He isn’t going to say no and never get asked again! 

To the understandable argument that Chelsea would not hire Lampard because he has managed only in the Championship:

- Two of the best teams we've seen in Europe over the last ten or so years both evolved under managers who had relatively uninspiring coaching records before taking the post: Guardiola at Barca and Antonio Conte at Juve.

I appreciate that the Premier League, and its pressures, are perhaps a wholly different beast, but sometimes the club makes the manager. Sometimes it's just set up to work, be it through history, respect or something else. 

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I know he’s going to leave! I just know it isn’t going to be this summer.

The reason I am over confident is it’s all made up paper ********. The link is so simple and easy to make. He’s said he’s staying, he looks visibly pissed off every time a journalist asked him, Chelsea still have a manager and even when they don’t... they aren’t going to come calling for Lampard yet. 

The Chelsea job will always come up years down the line. He isn’t going to say no and never get asked again! 

Ok hope you are right but it’s probably going to be a massive call for a Frank 

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2019/06/frank-lampard-must-bold-say-no-chelsea-amid-talk-replacing-maurizio-sarri/

Just now, SaffyRam said:

A reminder:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/48427176

"I have a two-year contract. I have loved working here and I want to continue that and I want to continue working and progressing with the club."

This.

I know we heard it all before from McClaren and that probably puts a lot of people on tenterhooks but Lampard doesn’t strike me as the same character as Steve was. 

Lampard is grateful we took a chance on him, it’s mostly gone alright but he is a smart man and knows managing Chelsea this early in his career could put him back on the BT Sport sofa by Christmas.

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

This.

I know we heard it all before from McClaren and that probably puts a lot of people on tenterhooks but Lampard doesn’t strike me as the same character as Steve was. 

That's unfair on Mac. He was trying to make the most of a career in it's 'downward' phase, thinking an offer like that might never happen again. Whereas Lampard will be thinking he has the rest of his career ahead and if Chelsea are serious they'll be back again (if indeed they are currently interested). Plus in the end neither of them have turned down the respective clubs in so many words and Mac stayed.

Archived