Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Nothing to see here. Chelsea have not approached yet and Derby are offering him a better contract.   With all the smoke it seems like Lampard will decline to extention and accept Chelsea's offer when they approach.  But it would be amazing if he didn't leave.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob Dorsett tweet makes zero sense.

If Chelsea approach was imminent and Frank knew it was coming, he would not be discussing a contract, he has 2 years left. 

If he’s having contract talks over an extension, clearly he’s open to staying at the club for an extended period. 

This has really screwed up all the reporting they’ve done over the last couple of weeks, little thought was put in this tweet. Go and think about what you wrote for 5 minutes Rob.

13 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

That’s old news! Haven’t you learnt anything from Curtains?!

Watch out for new ITK poster joining DCFCFans if Lampard stays.

Especially ones with a name like Drapes, Blinds, Shrouds, Shutters, Veils or Blinkers.

1 minute ago, David said:

Rob Dorsett tweet makes zero sense.

If Chelsea approach was imminent and Frank knew it was coming, he would not be discussing a contract, he has 2 years left. 

If he’s having contract talks over an extension, clearly he’s open to staying at the club for an extended period. 

This has really screwed up all the reporting they’ve done over the last couple of weeks, little thought was put in this tweet. Go and think about what you wrote for 5 minutes Rob.

I think that you meant to say "Rob Dorsett makes little sense...."

Him and the rest of them.....?

6 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Agree with every word of that mate 

I’m the same. My biggest regret by a mile If he did leave is that I just want stability 

I just want to see a manager have 2-3 who knows even 4 season building with us and see where I takes us cos in my mind that’s how u get out of this league 

yes I know there’s exceptions but i believe it’s our best chance 

Cheers ? and yes i think you're right, we need a more long term presence rather than continually chopping and changing in order for us to reach real success. 

Could Mel be getting sick and tired of all this and has offered Frank a new deal to force Chelsea & Lampards hand? I'm sick of not knowing what's going to happen so I can only imagine Mel is. The players come back in less than a couple of weeks and we don't know who'll be taking charge, meanwhile Jokanovic who could be considered number 1 target for us could end up with a job elsewhere leaving us in trouble.

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

Sky covering it now and talking absolute balls. 

Again makes no sense.

They are certain Frank will be the next Chelsea manager according to their sources close to him. 

But Derby are offering him a new deal to protect their asset in case a last minute hitch comes up and he ends up staying, new long term deal protects us.

In the next breath Chelsea haven’t even made an official approach yet.

30 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

after the word leave should follow.....sometime in his career to fulfil his ambition to manage Chelsea.....leaving out of course we have no ducking idea, which year, but will speculate endlessly to gain attention and create fake news until it does happen.

Top marks Sky for journalistic excellence ?

im sat here in mi pigeon loft looking at mi prize beauty and im thinking ta mi sen whats all the fuss abart Lampard...we had poor away form from Christmas onwards and that wa wi the loan signings...football  wont great  at best of times , we finished 20 points off automatic and failed in play offs...yeah he gave us a buzz and a bounce but that dunt win us owt.. some of his tactics wa debatable... nah all im concerned about is that we are prepared by who ever should he go so that we are not facing  a poor run which chucks us into the bottom half of the table..which can happen. 

Also if he did go wunt it be great if the new manager when interviewed said " Look I've come ta Derby and all im bothered abart is beating Forest and having a decent season and take it from there"

just sayin like so dunt come on bombarding mi all ya keyboard warriors... mi pigeons dunt like it....

11 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Sky covering it now and talking absolute balls. 

Just watched it on Sky Sports News, the presenter was virtually laughing when he said 'is there any chance of him staying at Derby'.

Levels of disrespect from Sky are astounding.

Turned off in disgust, got my fingers crossed waiting for a tweet from Derby now saying he's signed an extension!

Archived