FAN just decked Grealish

irobinson

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Sounds incredibly heavy handed, I didn't realise Monaco was so dangerous, and not quite the same as pulling out a gun in a large crown.

There were plenty of people around ,that's my point would you like to see police at an EFL game waviving a gun around?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

There were plenty of people around ,that's my point would you like to see police at an EFL game waviving a gun around?

I see them all the time when in London, at the stations, in the streets everywhere. They don’t really wave them around though, so I’m not sure why they would if they were at a game, unless they are the new flanges ?

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I think its a fair sentence though i doubt he will serve all 14 weeks.

Struggle to see how they can stop him attending matches, although I quite like what they said on TalkSport earlier suggesting whenever Birmingham are playing, home or away, he should either have to wear a tag or report to the local police station to prove he is not attending the match.

That would be the TalkSport who employ the convicted drink driver Alan Brazil right?

Don't get me wrong - the fan deserves some punishment. But the frothing outrage dished out by some media organs lacks balance, credibility and is ultimately hypocritical. 

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Don't get me wrong - the fan deserves some punishment. But the frothing outrage dished out by some media organs lacks balance, credibility and is ultimately hypocritical. 

I've seen some people label it 'disgusting'. What was disgusting was some of the tweets that went about regarding Grealish's deceased brother after the game. I'd rather see the authors of those go to prison than someone who had a swing at a player.

Of course, it was unacceptable behaviour that warrants punishment (14 weeks sounds about right to me). But everyone is going way over the top when it was just one idiot fan who was immediately stopped.

14 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I've seen some people label it 'disgusting'. What was disgusting was some of the tweets that went about regarding Grealish's deceased brother after the game. I'd rather see the authors of those go to prison than someone who had a swing at a player.

Of course, it was unacceptable behaviour that warrants punishment (14 weeks sounds about right to me). But everyone is going way over the top when it was just one idiot fan who was immediately stopped.

Precisely. Well put mate. This is a really important point - the completely irrational loathing by some people is horrible,  dangerous and possibly pathological. 

Now, how are the dark fruits,?

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Now, how are the dark fruits,?

They've had to take a back seat in recent weeks. Budgetary constraints have restricted me to Strongbow Original and sober homes games, thus preventing me from consuming the nectar of the gods. I've got a poo tonne of work to do over the next few weeks and I have to start revising for exams after that, so I won't really be drinking too much. My liver probably appreciates it.

This summer will be a different story though. Festivals, nights out and (hopefully) a 40-hour-week income to enjoy.

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

They've had to take a back seat in recent weeks. Budgetary constraints have restricted me to Strongbow Original and sober homes games, thus preventing me from consuming the nectar of the gods. I've got a poo tonne of work to do over the next few weeks and I have to start revising for exams after that, so I won't really be drinking too much. My liver probably appreciates it.

This summer will be a different story though. Festivals, nights out and (hopefully) a 40-hour-week income to enjoy.

You need to think out of the box mate (as opposed to just BEING out of your box).

White thunder and/or lightening is about 2.50 a gallon and apart from rendering you blind and thinking @Boycies arse crack is a national monument it's not bad value ?

46 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

punishment (14 weeks sounds about right to me). But everyone is going way over the top when it was just one idiot fan who was immediately stopped.

Neither here nor there as a punishment.

Too short to settle into a prison routine, and not long enough to class as a nice break.

22 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

You need to think out of the box mate (as opposed to just BEING out of your box).

White thunder and/or lightening is about 2.50 a gallon and apart from rendering you blind and thinking @Boycies arse crack is a national monument it's not bad value ?

White Lightning became defunct in 2009!

However, you did remind me that I've started buying 1.5 litre bottles of Lambrini for £3.50. The game we play involves duct-taping your hand to the bottle and not removing it until you finish the bottle.

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

White Lightning became defunct in 2009!

However, you did remind me that I've started buying 1.5 litre bottles of Lambrini for £3.50. The game we play involves duct-taping your hand to the bottle and not removing it until you finish the bottle.

Dave's discount booze in Henley in Arden was still shipping it in 2011.

I wondered why his deliveries were always at 11pm on Monday nights.....?

13 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

reminded me of Joe Allen's assault on BJ in the lead up tot he biting incident

14 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Those tweets were genuinely sick and you can but despair at the mentality of those that posted them, however I think the authorities have to take the punch more seriously than a tweet. It's very easy to ignore abuse on social media, very difficult to ignore a punch to the head. It's merely good fortune that Grealish wasn't hurt by the assault. Thankfully the guy was produced a laughably poor punch, but it's his intent that should be punished rather than the outcome.

5 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Those tweets were genuinely sick and you can but despair at the mentality of those that posted them, however I think the authorities have to take the punch more seriously than a tweet. It's very easy to ignore abuse on social media, very difficult to ignore a punch to the head. It's merely good fortune that Grealish wasn't hurt by the assault. Thankfully the guy was produced a laughably poor punch, but it's his intent that should be punished rather than the outcome.

I think the tweets have led to some vigilanteism. Not hard these days to find somebody’s address, mum’s name, job etcetera.

Archived