FAN just decked Grealish

irobinson

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Grealish is a dislikeable bloke, I’d not mind seeing fall onto face in many ways. But what if he had a blade concealed on him and had used it. Grealish and many others wouldn’t be laughing then. This pitch invader needs a serious criminal prosecution for attempted assault and the maximum sentance permissible to act as a deterrent.

He didn't though and I think this is why people are seeing the reaction as a bit of fake outrage.

This pitch invader needs to get exactly the same treatment as he would of if the attack had happened on the street.

No special treatment required because it happened at a football match.

Grealish is only despised cos he's good!! Same sort of player as Maddison at Leicester

After we drew with Norwich last season - I said to this bloke who was abusing him - you are only doing that. - cos he's just run the duckin game......wish we had someone who could run a game...shut him up

and they both have the arrogance to go with that..... I don't mind that in a playmaker......Gazza was a bit like that.....both will play at top level and England

I can only think that we had Gile Barnes of that ilk .....bit of swagger be interested to hear other views.....King Charles probably had it.......he played with that...and opposing fans hated him, had a great perm also.....

.but what we could do now for a playmaker, on the ball, and someone who can orchestrate a game

1) brum should be punished. Maybe you argue that it’s gapoened in the past, and the clubs have not been punished, but it’s the steward getting arrested that will cause them the most issues here. Maybe you can’t control a fan, but you should definitely be able to control your own members of staff. 

2) it shouldn’t encourage fans to plant themselves within rival clubs. They’ll always get caught, and it would only take a very rudimentary investigation to show that they follow a different club. It would have to be a pretty well thought out conspiracy to get away with it. 

3) I’ve recently found out I’m a rarity. I thought it was totally normal to go to a&e as many times as I have in my life. Apparently it’s not. 3 of these times have been due to being hit in the back of the head. This was not being hit in the back of the head. I found it funny. I find anything that involves girly bitch slaps, people acting hard and it going a bit tits up, and knob heads getting their cummupence (and in this case, it was a two for the price of one deal, so double funny) funny. 

Of course, if Grealish had ended up in an ambulance, with swelling on the cerebellum and 3 months of post concusion syndrome, it would be a bit less funny.

Man up a bit guys. Even Grealish laughed it off, but then he’s so hard he doesn’t even need shin pads. 

Sith Happens
18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Fans running on the pitch isn't very isolated.

Fans attacking players is.

So just pushing is ok and not an attack?

I think Grealish and the Villa players need to be commended for showing incredible restraint. If someone did that to me they'd be getting something back, regardless of whether they managed to connect.

The PFA need to get involved and push the FA to take serious action. I'd give them an ultimatum, meaningful punishment for Birmingham or I instruct all my members to start two footing pitch invaders since you're obviously not interested in providing protection.

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

This bloke deserves some prison time. Good god almighty.

54517936_10161603982075445_6294722026275864576_n.jpg

I despair i really do.

I can't make out the words in that tweet. All I can see is "GIVE ME ATTENTION! PLEASE GIVE ME ATTENTION! THIS IS MY STAGE AND YOU ARE MY ADORING FANS. I CAN'T FACE BEING JUST A BLOKE IN THE STREET." 

Unfortunately it will never happen for this fella. He'll get his 5 mins but that's it. Poor guy will never feel proud or content. 

Stay strong Alfie. 

41 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He didn't though and I think this is why people are seeing the reaction as a bit of fake outrage...

So, a bit like road speed limits, we have to wait for someone to be killed for it to be taken seriously?

45 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He didn't though and I think this is why people are seeing the reaction as a bit of fake outrage.

This pitch invader needs to get exactly the same treatment as he would of if the attack had happened on the street.

No special treatment required because it happened at a football match.

Of course he didn’t or you would see far more outrage.

Don’t get me wrong G Star I’ve been far from a goody two shoes in my time but there is no deterrent at present, if all he gets is a slap on the wrists banning order pfft.

It was in full sight of everyone and could’ve incited a riot. If you say same treatment sure, but that was an assault, a pretty tame and somewhat lame one but he deserves as much as the law can throw at him or it becomes a fad for others to try. Create a deterrent to make others think twice.

Anyone who has played GTA knows ?

To add context to people who haven’t played. You left a hospital whenever your character died and could go back to attacking people. The punch on Grealish looks like a punch in gta 

*parental warning for video

49 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So, a bit like road speed limits, we have to wait for someone to be killed for it to be taken seriously?

Well actually yes. My road is a sleepy 30 in a village but idiots put their foot down and rip down it at 60. I’ve contacted the relevant depts and as there hasn’t been a serious incident yet they ‘can’t act on what might happen, no dept has the resources for that’ 

5 hours ago, angieram said:

I don't think you can punish the club with a points deduction  - otherwise you could get 'fans' infiltrating home ends of their nearest rivals to bring down their points total.

Similarly, you can never stop a determined individual from getting on the pitch unless you employ enough stewards to form a human chain right around the perimeter - not affordable. 

It seems to me that we have had a fans/authorities unwritten pact in place since Hillsborough "We won't invade the pitch if you don't fence us in." Some seem to have forgotten this but  it's hard for us older fans to realise that there are a whole generation of supporters at matches now who didn’t live through that horror or realise how awful it would be to go back to those days of fences and cages.

So the only deterrent for me is to hit the individual hard - a criminal prosecution with a fine and a mandatory jail sentence.  The consequence of this would probably be the loss of your job as well. That ought to be deterrent enough.

Those on here saying anything that condones this sort of behaviour in any way (obvious jokes aside) ought to take a good look at themselves and their values. 

This is what I was trying to say. 

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

Well actually yes. My road is a sleepy 30 in a village but idiots put their foot down and rip down it at 60. I’ve contacted the relevant depts and as there hasn’t been a serious incident yet they ‘can’t act on what might happen, no dept has the resources for that’ 

That’s very true. There have to be two incidents (as in proper crashes) within a few feet of each other for the authorities to put a speed camera up. 

But then the counter argument to that is that it stops the police putting them up in places they know they can just make money off them. 

Slightky off topic mind. 

Back on topic. Two incidents in one day. Maybe that counts for for some serious action. 

(You watch, brum get a points deduction and huge fine, arsenal get duck all, cos it’s the premier league). 

9 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Gary Rowett gave him to Watford.

If Villa don’t go up.,,,they’ll be gifting him to spurs...as Erickson is off to Real Madrid...

thats the summary.... perform when it’s your time... if not... cream goes to the top

Archived