Ambitious

Mel Morris to put the club up for sale SHOULD Derby fail to win promotion....

40 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

An interesting if not somewhat unsurprising article. It just goes to show that the coming summer may be a fair bit more difficult than first feared, especially if Mel is looking for a quick exit and guaranteed no/little return on investment. 

I think Mel would look at bringing in a partner or investor first because he clearly loves the club.

OTOH, maybe that's unfeasible.

Losses of $36 million per annum seem a tad excessive though.

Let's get up and not have to worry about it!

Well there's a few of the Derby 'faithful' who'll be rubbing their little hands together now, won't there! If Mel has fallen out of love with it all then I'd not be surprised. Whether he's got it right or wrong is almost irrelevant. From a personal standpoint, having ploughed as much time and effort, not to mention millions of his own cash into trying to build something here, only to then be slated for his perceived shortcomings must be a bitter pill to swallow. If we get the wrong owners now, assuming the story is true, we could see the club in freefall. It's happened to bigger clubs than Derby after all. This may well prove to be a case of be careful what you wish for. From my personal standpoint, if these rumours are true, this is desperately saddening news. 

21 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Well there's a few of the Derby 'faithful' who'll be rubbing their little hands together now, won't there! If Mel has fallen out of love with it all then I'd not be surprised. Whether he's got it right or wrong is almost irrelevant. From a personal standpoint, having ploughed as much time and effort, not to mention millions of his own cash into trying to build something here, only to then be slated for his perceived shortcomings must be a bitter pill to swallow. If we get the wrong owners now, assuming the story is true, we could see the club in freefall. It's happened to bigger clubs than Derby after all. This may well prove to be a case of be careful what you wish for. From my personal standpoint, if these rumours are true, this is desperately saddening news. 

Twas ever thus.

Sam Longson was hated by many after Cloughie left when it really wasn't his fault.

Maxwell was hated by most because he was an utter tool of biblical proportions.

Pickering was loved and hated.

Morris has been loved and hated.

Personally, I'd be very disappointed to see the guy go because he's Derby through and through.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

3 MILLION A MONTH . 36 MILLION A YEAR .  Too lose that we would need no sponsors, no TV money and no gate receipts and still be a few million up on that figure.  Don't know where they get this stuff  from.

Fake news next buyer Trump

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Agree with this, although it would be interesting to see who comes to the table with an offer. 

Investors from Asia would be my guess, lot of them investing recently. Always a bit sceptical of owners with little ties to the local area, but if they can spare 40 mil or so to bring will Hughes back I’ll be right behind them!

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

3 MILLION A MONTH . 36 MILLION A YEAR .  Too lose that we would need no sponsors, no TV money and no gate receipts and still be a few million up on that figure.  Don't know where they get this stuff  from.

The most sensible comment so far on this thread.

Last March the 2016/17 accounts were published showing a loss during the year of £7.9m

£3m a month is a fantasy figure.

4 hours ago, 86 points said:

Well there's a few of the Derby 'faithful' who'll be rubbing their little hands together now, won't there!

I think it's unfair to characterise those who are critical of Morris in such terms. Sure, he doesn't deserve any vitriol - in the way, say, "The Three Amigos" absolutely did - as every decision he has made seemed as though he genuinely thought it was the right thing to do, but he has certainly made enough poor decisions - and not decisions that were poor in hindsight but seemed poor at the time - to warrant criticism. For all his financial investment, it's very difficult to argue the club are in a better position  than they were when he assumed full control. In fact, it's very easy to argue Derby have gone backwards - at least on the pitch.

A supporters fan forum has been scheduled for the end of the month. Would the club organise this if Mel was planning to sell the club in the summer? I highly doubt it. Think the article is a load of utter drivel. 

I’m not a Mel Morris fan I’ll admit, no point in going over why as I’ve done enough arguing over the matter. It’s possible he let slip his frustrations of the recent results. He may look for extra investment to help the club. To outright sell it? Rubbish.