Derby County v Wigan Athletic

Bwash_Ram
Message added by Day

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ramathorn said:

Looks better than it did originally. Rubbish not having replays on the red button.

Who thinks he went for that?

He went for it. It was a wondergoal.

Same old story of the wondergoals papering over the cracks.

Just now, David said:

Good goal though wasn't it? Helped us win. 

Oh I don’t say I cared one bit how it went in...yes It was the great big slice of luck we have needed. I will take that every day. But he didn’t mean It. (Which was the question I was replying to)

A promising performance, despite not being outstanding. I thought Johnson was very good today, not because of his quality on the ball but purely for his desire to move and create options. I thought we had a rough time from the ref, but didn't let it affect us too much. 

I don't get what else Bennett would have been doing apart from 'going for it'? It was purely reaction, but he just went to send the ball goalwards. It's a great goal for him, especially considering the criticism he's come under from his own supporters particularly in the last few days. 

I loved the celebrations and the drive for the ball in the second half. If we could show that drive in the last 12 games, we'll have no problems finishing in the top 6 - that was the biggest difference in the game tonight. 

I am so glad we have finally won a game,  I think Mason meant that TBF it was an instinctive finish more than anything.  Hopefully we can build on it this Saturday and get back to back wins for the first time in a while, to go into the final stages of the season with some real momentum. 

It's fair to say if he tried to do that again that it would be hard for Mason Bennett to replicate that goal but he was obviously trying to turn it goalwards. FFS give the lad some credit, it was a world class finish regardless. I implore anyone to even try to do it. I just did and I think I may be off work for 6 months.

Well done to the Derby County Supporters, especially the South Stand, doing your best for the team.

Well done Mason B he's one of our own and will always do his best for the team.

Well done Scot M for trying to do the right things and being in the right place at the right time and doing your best for the team.

Well done Bradley J for getting stuck in, and keeping us going forward, keeping the move alive for the winning goal and doing your best for the team.

Well done Frank L and everyone on the bench, Mel and everyone behind the scenes in the stands, at home, around the world.

Well done Richard K for 600.

Well done RamsTV, keep Colin G in the seat and keep the wins on coming.

We can all smile again, feel proud to wear that mighty Ram Logo, fly our flags and move on with Pride & Passion.

Well done Derby County Football Club. All together. DCFC Love, Life & Unity.

image.jpg

image.jpg

A lot of effort and desire. Not a lot of quality to be honest, apart from Bennett's goal which he definitely meant IMO (even though he was very fortunate it came off). Johnson was MOTM for me as well - he gave us that 'steel' that you need in the centre of the park.

We needed a win and we got it. Let's hope this breeds a bit of confidence now as there didn't seem to be a lot on show tonight.

Also, not often an opposition is that noticeable without scoring, but I thought Reece James put in an outstanding performance and was definitely MOTM if you take into account both teams. We missed a trick not getting him. He was excellent against us in the game at their place too.  

18 minutes ago, Ramathorn said:

Looks better than it did originally. Rubbish not having replays on the red button.

Who thinks he went for that?

Hiiii! I think he meant it and you can see that as he kept his eyes on the ball. Go car Ramrod

Archived