Derby County v Wigan Athletic

Bwash_Ram
Message added by Day

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to get the 3 points and hopefully we can get some momentum going in this tight playoff race.COYR.

On a side note, my neighbor keeps throwing some of his trash into my yard.Suggestions on getting him back? I thought perhaps take a leak in his jacuzzi...too extreme?

It seemed like the battle wasn't necessarily about players and formations but more of a psychological one at this stage with such an extended poor run.

It's all too easy to say it's a turning point after 1 win but with 3 more home games on the bounce, it's as good a chance as any to bury this wretched run we've been on.

2 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Great to get the 3 points and hopefully we can get some momentum going in this tight playoff race.COYR.

On a side note, my neighbor keeps throwing some of his trash into my yard.Suggestions on getting him back? I thought perhaps take a leak in his jacuzzi...too extreme?

Not extreme enough. I'd suggest doing a dump in it instead. ???

17 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

He did exceptionally well to help it on goalwards. It went in so good for him. Lots of goals are scored with more luck than judgement. We'll done Mason. 

I scored a goal like that in an FA cup qualifying game once . I'm not sure how as I played right back .  It was enough for some Division Three scouts to come and watch me from Stockport but they left when I put a free kick out for a throw in .  Never heard anymore from them strangely enough.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Also, not often an opposition is that noticeable without scoring, but I thought Reece James put in an outstanding performance and was definitely MOTM if you take into account both teams. We missed a trick not getting him. He was excellent against us in the game at their place too.  

He's a brilliant player but I'm very pleased we didn't get him. It'd be Wisdom and James as our 2 right backs and we wouldn't have seen the breakthrough of Bogle I don't believe. James is of course the better player, but we've surely now got a right back worth a big chunk of money rather than James who we'd have 0 chance of signing permanently 

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Yes if Messi did that you would think...that’s maybe in his top 100 goals he has scored, so probably meant it...

You can take the man out of Derby but not the innate misery masquerading as straight talking. It’s the true Derby DNA. The happy go lucky positive septics must be loving it  ?

Frank’s job was on the line in those last 45 minutes.

So it’s great to see the lads finally show some guts, some fight and some desire, and come back from the brink.

It’s still all about next season for me, despite the fact the play offs remain very much in sight.

For me, let’s not worry about that, the pressure is too debilitating. Let’s build on tonight, salvage some pride and end the season with some strong performances, so we can go into next season with positivity.

Sith Happens

Just back, phew we needed that.

Funny how Wigan time wasted then when losing their manager was running about fetching the ball.

Officials dreadful especially lino on east side. Don't mind refs making mistakes but no excuse for not stamping out the time wasting from early on.

I’m happy, relieved, exhausted, wrung out. Strewth ! Well that’s a lead weight we’ve finally dropped off our backs.

A lot of guts and character to come back after that lucky breakaway goal ( Carson should have been more committed when coming out but in any case we’d been cut open )

Gem from Mason and of course he meant it !

I’m off down to B and Q in the morning to get some more of that Johnson wood rot repair stuff. It’s brilliant, tough, doesn’t wear off and it works.  He could have had a goal in the first half and his dogged perseverance created the opportunities for others right through the game. MOTM by a mile. 

No we weren’t brilliant. but the attitude was first class. All being well the rest will come with confidence.

well done lads, we’ll done Frank and we’ll done fans. 

8 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

8 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Not extreme enough. I'd suggest doing a dump in it instead. ???

Then wipe your arse on the trash and leave it by The Jacuzzi

2 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Don’t think we were as awful as some people on here are making out. It wasn’t brilliant but it was a massive improvement from Villa and Millwall. Progress not perfection. 

Had we finished the half like the first 25 minutes we played the reaction would have been a lot different at half time. 

Ball was being moved a lot quicker and more purpose even without creating any clear cut chances, the fans were loud and things were looking positive.

Then the goal. Lazy ball from Malone, Carson should have done better, all a bit ugh. Everything went flat as a pancake both on the pitch and in the stands.

Whilst others were throwing tantrums, in went a fiver on us and Spurs. Gut feeling that we could nick one early in the second half and the crowd would get back on side and we would go on to win, as we did.

Not the greatest game you will ever witness, although Mason Bennett will remember it for a few years to come. But exactly what we needed. Celebrations showed they are still in this together. Things are looking up now, bring on the Brucesters mob! 

33 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Not a chance in hell he went for It. 

Satan has checked In the end of days VAR file and says he did. ( and in any case it was at Pride Park not the slough of despond ) 

8 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

He's a brilliant player but I'm very pleased we didn't get him. It'd be Wisdom and James as our 2 right backs and we wouldn't have seen the breakthrough of Bogle I don't believe. James is of course the better player, but we've surely now got a right back worth a big chunk of money rather than James who we'd have 0 chance of signing permanently 

He played CDM tonight, but yeah I know he's usually a right back. No idea how highly Chelsea rated him before this season, but I know he wasn't seen as a 'tier 1' youngster. He's had a great year though. 

Talk about collective sighs of relief.  Messy and clearly still lacking confidence but you couldn't fault the effort shown by all of them. Hudds missed a few passes but his calmness helped steady the midfield.  Bradley was MOTM for me. Worked his socks off.  Waggers was running all over the place with no service altho should have made it 3.  Holmes continues to show he has that little something.  Just clear that first man please! Malone I still don't think is doing us or himself justice but can't knock him - he scored the winner.  As for Bennett, nope not a fan but the more I see it the more I'm convinced he's scored one of the goals of the century.

BUT we won! Hurrahs and hi-fives all round. Onward and upward ?

Archived