Annual Collapse

North East Ram

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frank spent his playing career surrounded by world class footballers who made the game look easy, he has a way that he would like to see the game played npbut in his naivety he does not realise that the players he has to manage are not in the same ball park that he played with, they are not capable of doing what he asks, that’s why we have defenders petrified of making a forward pass as they do not want to lose possession, how ever we cannot score a goal with the ball being passed between our keeper and our defenders ! 

Simple answer is that we are not good enough to play the football that Frank expects.

Just now, loweman2 said:

Frank spent his playing career surrounded by world class footballers who made the game look easy, he has a way that he would like to see the game played npbut in his naivety he does not realise that the players he has to manage are not in the same ball park that he played with, they are not capable of doing what he asks, that’s why we have defenders petrified of making a forward pass as they do not want to lose possession, how ever we cannot score a goal with the ball being passed between our keeper and our defenders ! 

Simple answer is that we are not good enough to play the football that Frank expects.

It's taken a long time to get to this point assuming Lampard has finally realised this too now which is a gross assumption to make 

37 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We should embrace the February wobble, it has become synonmous with the club. It is a part of us now. We are the championship’s best at bottling it. In fact, we could well be the best in the country at bottling it. It’s in our DNA. 

Keep saying someday we’ll get out of this league... not gonna happen is it??

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Please expand on your answer. Preferably in a short paragraph before you reply with yes I do 

I have never been accused of being short winded. Looking like an inglorious end to season. Frank has pulling power and hopefully some money to spend next season. Frank and Jody are presiding over a clear out so let us see what he can do next season. End of  bulletin. Forget promotion this season surely. COYR

2 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

The problem is the defence can't pass to midfield as we haven't got one. Nobody shows for the ball so we endup passing sideways until all avenues are closed.... Then we lump it long. 

47 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We should embrace the February wobble, it has become synonmous with the club. It is a part of us now. We are the championship’s best at bottling it. In fact, we could well be the best in the country at bottling it. It’s in our DNA. 

Youf 

First 11 games: 6 wins and 20 points from 33.

Middle 11: 5 wins and 18 points from 33.

Last 10: 3 wins and 13 points from 30.

It’s fair to say we have had a difficult run of late, but it’s probably just as accurate to suggest that we have been too reliant on Mount, Wilson and Marriott to have matchwinning moments.

Wilson’s contribution has dried up, and Marriott and Mount have both suffered with injuries, and suddenly we are not scoring and not winning football matches.

Looking ahead to next season, Frank has his work cut out for him. Keogh and Marriott will be first choice next season but as for the rest, it’s anyone’s guess about where they stand.

Really pivotal summer.

10 hours ago, McLovin said:

I said before months ago as a joke that Bournemouth because of the Redknapp link maybe if Howe leaves at the end of the season. Not many of any Derby fans, if any, are saying he’s doing a fantastic job. I think the vast majority of us like you say see that he’s doing an ok job. However I’ve noticed a recent push in the national media to say that Lampard’s getting us playing a free flowing attacking style of football and is doing excellently with us for getting us in the play offs, showing his great qualities as an up and coming manager, ignoring that we’ve been consistently up there for the last 5 years anyway. I think they want the romantic story linking Lampard with Chelsea. Many Chelsea fans have fallen for it though, with many of their fans chanting  for Lampard during their last game and for Sarri out

The newspapers (and some fans) want romantic stories but I'm not sure about shrewd and ruthless owners. 

12 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Sheffield United play some of the most scintillating stuff I've seen this season (with wing backs and wing centre backs) and they can't claim to have better players than us... 

13 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

Me and you both but that what we have just witnessed is unacceptable

Lose on Monday playing the way we are at the moment and lets see how many still have the faith also

Although I get the "It is Forest and must win at all costs" attitude.

Be realistic and realise that losing to lowly Millwall (who incidentally are fighting for their championship status) v losing against Forest who in case you hadn't noticed are right on our tails, is a totally different matter.

Yes I agree if we roll over and show a weak underbelly, some on here will simply go apoplectic. But Forest are or should be a much sterner test. (Especially at home)

20 minutes ago, Bwash_Ram said:

We've "collapsed" for the same reason as all the other times.

key players being injured/unfit/tired

and its often down to playing too many stupid irrelevant cup games in which we field a full strength side, rather than concentrating on the league.

In the past few years we have abandoned the cup runs and the impact has been the same.  Concentrating on the league has done nothing.  Injuries etc is just a part of the game which everybody faces.  

no excuses, we are not good enough and have been like that for quite a few seasons now

We've been good enough to get into the top 2 or top 4 by the half way point on several occasions.

I think we do seem to struggle with fitness levels. we are usually fine until we have to start playing 3 games in a week , which other teams seem to deal with ok, maybe that needs to be looked at.

4 minutes ago, Bwash_Ram said:

We've been good enough to get into the top 2 or top 4 by the half way point on several occasions.

I think we do seem to struggle with fitness levels. we are usually fine until we have to start playing 3 games in a week , which other teams seem to deal with ok, maybe that needs to be looked at.

but we've had different Managers and backroom staff so perhaps it is something in the water?

Enough of this nonsense... the reason we have these collapses is because our team(s) and managers haven't been good enough. The club has been appallingly run for a very long time. Just look at the farce we've had loaning out good players etc.

Are we really having a jan/feb collapse? Performances haven’t been good since October.  We’re just a mediocre side in a league where everyone can beat anyone on the day.

lampards team selections are a lot to be desired and I get the feeling he’s in a hole whereby some of his top performers like Wilson aren’t doing the business and the likes of mount and Marriott have been injured. Changing players willy nilly and now formations smacks of desperation to get back to winning ways.

although scoring goals we leaked them at the back. Has he done the same as Mac did and try to tighten up but to the detriment of the teams starting philosophy?

thats what it looks like to me.

cant keep chopping and changing every game and expect fluidity of team functionality.

drop Bryson and Hudds and get 2 players in there that can move and play quick passes. Move Wilson back out wide and replace with Holmes until mount is back. 

Archived