Annual Collapse

North East Ram

This is the 5th manager (?) in a row that has managed our collapse through Jan/Feb. What the heck are the reasons? I’m honestly baffled why we can’t keep steady and ride through til March without throwing away the hard work and points earned from August to December. 

Anyone offer a reasonable explanation?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Love lampard, but dont think he is up to it yet. Doesnt mean he cant learn and become better next season, Stick with him, but top 6 is over

We can only stick with him if he wants to stay though. He may think that this team are miles away and might leave at the end of the season before his reputation is harmed, especially if we have no money to spend in the summer. At the moment people see that he’s doing a “fantastic job at Derby”.  

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Whilst very disappointing, we can’t continue to sack managers after 6 months in charge. He needs at least another 2 transfer windows to show what he can do.

Anyone calling for his head should duck off to support red dogs

But what if he doesn’t want to stay?

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We can only stick with him if he wants to stay though. He may think that this team are miles away and might leave at the end of the season before his reputation is harmed, especially if we have no money to spend in the summer. At the moment people see that he’s doing a “fantastic job at Derby”.  

So you think his reputation is going to be glowing after watching that debacle this evening. People have eyes they will make their own mind's up.

This isn’t a collapse, it’s a fall to the position our performances this season would have placed us in. We’ve not performed particulary worse than most the season bar the run in October, but we’ve not had the Wilson wonderstrikes/Marriott goals to cover us. In other years we’ve genuinely collapsed. This year we’ve just not been very good all season, and we’re now falling to a position a team of our quality shown this season naturally lies.

One word: naivety.

Been so many examples of this since Christmas and, you could argue, that they're going to cost us promotion or even a place in the play-offs.

You can't commit to one system all season and then suddenly change it and expect anything at all. McClaren showed us that at Chesterfield in the cup. Pearson showed us that for nine games.

I like the 4-3-3, but it takes smarts and knowhow to make it work. I wonder sometimes whether Lampard has a way he'd like to play, but not idea how to actually do it. 

Have held off getting on the Lampard bandwagon all season because I've never been properly convinced. I'm still not. Nowhere near. And when you've got someone like Jokanovic available you have to wonder what Mel's thinking. 

Just now, Inglorius said:

So you think his reputation is going to be glowing after watching that debacle this evening. People have eyes they will make their own mind's up.

You are correct but neutrals won’t be watching us tonight, they simply follow the narrative that we’ve been playing fantastic football all year long after they saw us against Man Utd and Chelsea in the cup when that’s not been the case 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

You are correct but neutrals won’t be watching us tonight, they simply follow the narrative that we’ve been playing fantastic football all year long after they saw us against Man Utd and Chelsea in the cup when that’s not been the case 

Whose spinning that yarn though it's quite simply a falsehood 

Archived