19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

11 hours ago, Jram said:

Yeah I thought perhaps that didn't help

Interesting how Lampard said afterwards that bird was the best player that day and then he didn't make another appearance all season ?

I think he had a few personal problems after that game to deal with.

I think he’ll be back to speed this season.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Jram said:

Interesting how little max bird is getting a mention on here. Seemed the closest youngster to breaking in last year and yet most people seem to be preferring sibley/knight in midfield from academy 

Curious...

Maybe because this is the transfer suggestion thread and he already plays for us? ;-)

To be fair, we have had a chat about him in the pre-season friendly thread v Bristol City. You don't expect us to stay on topic do you?

Why is there little talk of him? I just think he's a classy young man but less eye-catching than Sibley or Knight, who both get forward more and have an eye for goal, so more 'noticeable'!

You chat away, if you've something to say about him. We'll join in.

12 hours ago, Jram said:

Interesting how little max bird is getting a mention on here. Seemed the closest youngster to breaking in last year and yet most people seem to be preferring sibley/knight in midfield from academy 

Curious...

I the discussions about our academy players breaking through, I've pointed out I've been excluding Bird because he's officially a member of the first team squad and has been since the start of last season.

I know he's young, but he's just as much a squad player as Evans etc. and I've been wanting to focus more on the lads still in the academy squads, who folks know less about. And I think @angieram, @Ghost of Clough and others have been doing similar.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I the discussions about our academy players breaking through, I've pointed out I've been excluding Bird because he's officially a member of the first team squad and has been since the start of last season.

I know he's young, but he's just as much a squad player as Evans etc. and I've been wanting to focus more on the lads still in the academy squads, who folks know less about. And I think @angieram, @Ghost of Clough and others have been doing similar.

And the fact I see Bird as a DM. With the numbers we have in that area he may not feature as much as Knight/Sibley, due to having fewer options in the other two midfield spots

Yeah I suppose he made seven apps last season but maybe I'm thinking about all the threads, not just this one, and he doesn't get a mention in many suggested XIs which I just thought was odd

Perhaps it does have something to do with the fsct he's associated with an over-subscribed position in the squad whereas, like you say above, Knight and Sibley play in positions where we only have two senior options 

I would have thought one of the lads in DM would move on. From what I've read of Cocu, huddz and Thorne don't appear to fit his all action midfield style and, if the club could sell huddz for a fee, they might take that option on a 32 year old

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Anyone else finding it slightly depressing that we haven't been linked with anyone just now? Not even any spurious rumours floating around..

Nope. 

Quite nice, to be honest.

All the spurious rumours about players we're not actually interested in lead to meltdowns from certain people when the player signs for another club. 

I'd rather just see a transfer announcement out of nowhere to be honest, but I'll take Percy letting us know 12-24hrs before as an acceptable compromise.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Nope. 

All the spurious rumours about players we're not actually interested in lead to meltdowns from certain people when the player signs for another club. 

I'd rather just see a transfer announcement out of nowhere to be honest, but I'll take Percy letting us know 12-24hrs before as an acceptable compromise.

Yeah Ampadu and Maddison out of the blue around 2 o clock this afternoon would be perfect, get through the post lunch lag

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Nope. 

Fun sponge. ?

9 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Anyone else finding it slightly depressing that we haven't been linked with anyone just now? Not even any spurious rumours floating around..

I'm slightly concerned, but hoping it all kicks off soon.

I'm just hoping we aren't waiting to sell before we can buy.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm slightly concerned, but hoping it all kicks off soon.

I'm just hoping we aren't waiting to sell before we can buy.

I want to know what transfers are "bubbling" as reported by the Derby Telegraph...

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Exceptional reassuring actually because the manager is looking at what we currently have and what we currently need and if any business occurs it will be announced and not hyped.

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Me I expected us to be linked with 15 different players from Holland.. it has been very quiet with links

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

No. I am a little underwhelmed by the two we have signed, but I would be delighted to be proved wrong.

I hope from now on we only buy players who are expected to be in the starting line-up each week and by definition better than what we have.

If that's only two or three that's fine.

GK, CB, RM would bea great start but I would ideally like to see a better LB too with Malone as a utility player.

5 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I too would like some more spurious rumours on here. Makes it more interesting especially when they have fairly exotic names.

Archived