• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Names from the Wasserman Netherlands list that might be of interest:

- Sven van Beek: CB/Feyenoord

- Teun Koopmeiners: CDM/AZ Alkmaar

- Nicolai Jorgensen: ST/Feyenoord

- Emil Hansson: LW/Feyenoord

- Marco Van Ginkel: CM/Chelsea (potentially out for the season with an injury).

22 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Names from the Wasserman Netherlands list that might be of interest:

- Sven van Beek: CB/Feyenoord

- Teun Koopmeiners: CDM/AZ Alkmaar

- Nicolai Jorgensen: ST/Feyenoord

- Emil Hansson: LW/Feyenoord

- Marco Van Ginkel: CM/Chelsea (potentially out for the season with an injury).

Koopmeiners would be a quality signing..

Heard a rumour this morning we've been linked to Drinkwater. 

Now, I figure ten teams more attractive than us would be interested, and Chelsea would need to subsidise about £3m in salary, but hey I just share what I hear.

None of the friend of a friend connections that I had with Commons or Rowett arrivals, just a wild rumour.

Here’s one for you all to munch on

Chelsea are set for multiple loan departures as eight young players were cut from their pre-season tour to "continue their preparations for the new season".

The eight returning to Cobham from Ireland include Lewis Baker, Izzy Brown and Lucas Piazon, as well as Trevoh Chalobah, Dujon Sterling, Ike Ugbo, Conor Gallagher and Marc Guehi.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11761957/chelsea-set-for-loan-departures-as-eight-cut-from-pre-season-tour

I would like to see that Conor Gallagher as he won their academy awards last season. Baker enjoyed a really good end of season spell with Reading last season, perhaps hitting close to his potential finally. Chalobah, Brown and Piazon can all do a role at this level. 

As with Dowell, if we back our coaching staff then take the players with the highest ceiling and coach them to their potential to help their consistency. 

33 minutes ago, Rample said:

Heard a rumour this morning we've been linked to Drinkwater. 

Now, I figure ten teams more attractive than us would be interested, and Chelsea would need to subsidise about £3m in salary, but hey I just share what I hear.

None of the friend of a friend connections that I had with Commons or Rowett arrivals, just a wild rumour.

We have a habit of being linked to big players and then losing out to Aston Villa (Fulham this year).

Hopefully we take a leaf out of the Marriott and Holmes back and spend our money in league 1 and 2.

18 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We have a habit of being linked to big players and then losing out to Aston Villa (Fulham this year).

Hopefully we take a leaf out of the Marriott and Holmes back and spend our money in league 1 and 2.

Agree with this, getting in players like Marriott and Holmes were great bits of transfer business last season, young and have plenty of time to improve, and have a attitude to give there all every game, no more journey men for me, up and coming players with plenty to prove, that's should be our policy from now on, like the signings of Shinnie and Dowell, both with plenty to prove, and I think both players will fit in with our squad, exciting times ahead.

I wish we’d take a punt on Maddison from Peterborough. £2.5 mil release clause I think it is and that would treble with one half decent season in the championship. I’m convinced he’s get at least a half dozen assists and the same in goals given 20-30 games

19 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I bet we didn’t even lose out on half of the players linked with as we were never actually in for them.

We get lumped other clubs challenging for promotion with so many players, hard to believe we were ever interested in that many. 

1150 topics in the transfer forum over 20 transfer windows, that’s 57.5 topics per window. Even allowing for duplicate topics, locked made up rumours is still a ridiculous amount. 

Kodija interest was all but confirmed I believe, but that’s one I’m glad we didn’t pump out a load of money on. 

29 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I wish we’d take a punt on Maddison from Peterborough. £2.5 mil release clause I think it is and that would treble with one half decent season in the championship. I’m convinced he’s get at least a half dozen assists and the same in goals given 20-30 games

He has tattooed his throat. 

Its a no from me.

Archived