19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think at most that we'll target GK, CB, AM & wide forward/winger (bearing in mind we already have a squad that should be utilised instead of throwing wages in the bin).

And at the least we'll target a CB (eg. Tomori) and an AM/wide forward (eg. Wilson).

Use the squad we've got + the youngsters.

11 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Really?

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I think at most that we'll target GK, CB, AM & wide forward/winger (bearing in mind we already have a squad that should be utilised instead of throwing wages in the bin).

And at the least we'll target a CB (eg. Tomori) and an AM/wide forward (eg. Wilson).

Use the squad we've got + the youngsters.

The return of Wilson would be really helpful from a goals perspective.

I can't see many youths other than the CMs stepping up to the first team squad, except for the rare game. I think our ideal situation would be to end up with a squad such as this: 

GK: New, Mitchell
RB: Bogle, new (cheap cover)
CB: Keogh, New, Evans, Davies
LB: Malone, Lowe
DM: New, Huddlestone, Bird, Evans
CM: Shinnie, Holmes, Dowell, Sibley, Knight
W: Lawrence, New, Bennett
CF: Waghorn, Marriott, Martin

Youths to fill out the rest of the squad players as when when they're needed.

In
GK - First Choice. Permanent or view to permanent
RB  - Cheap cover for the few games Bogle is likely to miss. Ideally the new CB can fill in here.
CB - First choice to play alongside Keogh. Loan signing so the path isn't blocked for our youths next season.
DM - First choice. Evans will be CB cover, Bird is inexperienced, Huddlestone will only play about 50% of the games, so an extra body will be needed. Loan signing so the path isn't blocked for Bird to play a bigger role next season. Could be permanent if we see Huddlestone leaving at the end of the season.
W - First choice / rotation with Lawrence/Bennett. Someone who is a level above FloJo. Loan signing so the path isn't blocked for our youth wingers next season.

3 more loans and 1 permanent. But, I think we need to see a lot leave as well.

Out:
Roos - we want better and he wants to be 1st choice
Carson, Wisdom, Forsyth, Thorne, Butterfield, Jozefzoon and Anya - all high wages for squad players

Realistically, we won't see that many leave, with a good chunk of those listed staying as rotation/squad options. We may not sign as many as a result

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I can't see many youths other than the CMs stepping up to the first team squad, except for the rare game. I think our ideal situation would be to end up with a squad such as this: 

In
RB  - Cheap cover for the few games Bogle is likely to miss. Ideally the new CB can fill in here.
CB - First choice to play alongside Keogh. Loan signing so the path isn't blocked for our youths next season.
DM - First choice. Evans will be CB cover, Bird is inexperienced, Huddlestone will only play about 50% of the games, so an extra body will be needed. Loan signing so the path isn't blocked for Bird to play a bigger role next season. Could be permanent if we see Huddlestone leaving at the end of the season.
W - First choice / rotation with Lawrence/Bennett. Someone who is a level above FloJo. Loan signing so the path isn't blocked for our youth wingers next season.

Out:
Carson, Wisdom, Forsyth, Thorne, Butterfield, Jozefzoon and Anya - all high wages for squad players

Realistically, we won't see that many leave, with a good chunk of those listed staying as rotation/squad options. We may not sign as many as a result

I agree with that apart from Zoon being sold as I think he should be part of the first team and will probably flourish under Cocu

52 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Out:
Carson, Wisdom, Forsyth, Thorne, Butterfield, Jozefzoon and Anya - all high wages for squad players. 

Not going to want to get rid of Roos and Carson, one or the other. I agree a new keeper is needed. But Roos should be 2nd Keeper/competition. 

Carson will be sold. Butters released if no one takes him. 

Fozzy and Wisdom are both coming back from injury, suspect a loan until January. 

Thorne? Who knows, he might be a squad member, but he seems to keep breaking down. Anya may yet prove to be a useful squad player. 

'Zoon is nailed on first team right now it seems. Unless we bring in a serious upgrade its up to Cocu to coach the best out of him. 

45 minutes ago, Kuskus said:

I agree with that apart from Zoon being sold as I think he should be part of the first team and will probably flourish under Cocu

Big wages for someone who'd be 4th choice if we sign a new starter

6 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Not going to want to get rid of Roos and Carson, one or the other. I agree a new keeper is needed. But Roos should be 2nd Keeper/competition. 

Carson will be gone. I don't see Roos being happy being 2nd choice. Signing someone for rotation/competition maybe.

6 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Carson will be sold. Butters released if no one takes him. 

Fozzy and Wisdom are both coming back from injury, suspect a loan until January. 

Thorne? Who knows, he might be a squad member, but he seems to keep breaking down. Anya may yet prove to be a useful squad player. 

'Zoon is nailed on first team right now it seems. Unless we bring in a serious upgrade its up to Cocu to coach the best out of him. 

The transfers out i listed where based on an "ideal situation" where we sign a new starter. Bennett is arguably above Jozefzoon (and Anya) in the pecking order meaning we're left with an expensive 4th (and 5th) choice who would likely drop in value as a result.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In

Out:

I agree with most of this. Don't mind Josefzoon staying but trust Cocu's judgment on that one. We may need two midfielders (it was a weakness last season and it hasn't really improved yet). We definitely need another winger/playmaker option. Shame about Tomori but can understand it, in a way might be a good thing, as we need a more commanding centre half alongside Keogh - Davies is obviously decent but could be difficult for him to come back from the injury and may not fit Cocu's style.

Here's what we should be looking to bringing in over the next 16 days, in my opinion...

Goalkeeper:

Centre half: (to replace Tomori)

Defensive midfielder: (to replace Johnson)

Right-Winger: (to replace Wilson)

Bonus: Another central midfielder who can act as a link-up man with the centre-forward (Ramselaar would be an ideal candidate).

40 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Here's what we should be looking to bringing in over the next 16 days, in my opinion...

Goalkeeper:

Centre half: (to replace Tomori)

Defensive midfielder: (to replace Johnson)

Right-Winger: (to replace Wilson)

Bonus: Another central midfielder who can act as a link-up man with the centre-forward (Ramselaar would be an ideal candidate).

I would love to give Evans a chance at CB - he really looked classy end of last season - granted small sample size. We have Shiniesta but another all action central mid would be great to allow the luxury of Sir Tom. The biggest hole is Wilson’s goals. The money and energy needs to go to into top talent winger. A young Mr Kinkladze would do the trick.

Archived