19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

On 14/07/2019 at 16:20, gccrowdpleaser said:

Never seen that number quoted. £3-4m max

Only links I've seen have been Sheff Utd sniffing around him for a couple of years

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Classic contract extension followed by loan announcement please, Bob ? 

Scored the opener the other day for CheLampsea - He and Tomori seem to be getting opportunity to show off what they have as you might expect

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one hope we sign a few pretty soon, we have lost 3 really good players, and need to replace them with quality if we stand any chance. without them last year when they were injured we had really poor results. and looking at the other teams transfer activity's this year I am if im honest starting to worry. Normally this page is buzzing with speculation this time of year, however its been very quiet, with the exceptions of who has left.

10 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

I for one hope we sign a few pretty soon, we have lost 3 really good players, and need to replace them with quality if we stand any chance. without them last year when they were injured we had really poor results. and looking at the other teams transfer activity's this year I am if im honest starting to worry. Normally this page is buzzing with speculation this time of year, however its been very quiet, with the exceptions of who has left.

New manager has just arrived and he managed to sign someone while we were abroad! Which is fairly impressive and he needs to actually see what our players can do.

9 hours ago, SaintRam said:

?

7 hours ago, SKRam said:

Blimey is that his Mum? 

6 hours ago, irobinson said:

Nope Chelsea Exec - Marina 

Marina is Mount's mum???!!!

No wonder he got a new five year contract.

Now, please can we babysit for you?

Very quiet on the transfer front, could be a good thing, Cocu keeping things close to his chest, 100 percent sure we will sign a centre back, as we are very short in that department, also think a winger and another centre mid would be good business, but in Cocu I trust, so I will leave it to him and his staff to do the right thing for DCFC. Good to see he is looking at his whole squad before jumping into the market, which happened to many times in the past.

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Ethan Ampadu hasn’t traveled with the Chelsea squad, looks like he’s off out on loan somewhere.

On the rare times, I saw him play on TV last season he looked woefully short on nous / game management.  He needs games if he's going to fulfil his potential.  Happy for it to be here but wouldn't be surprised at Bundeslīga loan.

13 hours ago, BodminRam said:

We signed Dowell within about a day of hearing about it. Chill yourself.

I actually like the fact that we're not getting much infor prior to transfers. It's the way we should do business and defintely the new trend since Rush was shown the door. Folk will point ot the Marriott deal and say there was plent of noice around that deal but I'd counter that it all came from Peteboro's atte ntion-freak, gobshite owner rather than from the club itself.

Stay calm, relax and enjoy the weather, take a holiday, go on a road trip, our business will be concluded soon and I'll wager there will be a nice surprise or two to get us buzzing for the new season.

COYR

I like many on here would like to see us make 4 or 5 new signings and quickly but the reality is that the club is moving in a different direction and since the Rush sage every transfer will be thought through 100% and no deal will be reached without the club being happy with what the player or club is demanding.

Bielsa for instance he made a few very good signings for Leeds last season but the majority of the Leeds players which did so well last year were at the club the season before or even before that. All it takes is for the the right manager to come in, improve what we already have and make a few very good additions. Cocu could take this team up to another level purely because he is a better coach than Frank and many other managers in the division. I personally wouldn't judge the side until after the Girona game in all honesty. We haven't seen our best back 4 play with our best forwards and midfielders yet so it will be interesting to see what the team looks and plays like when fully formed.

Keep the faith, weve made one decent signing already in Dowell and that link was out of blue. We will sign players im sure but give the manager time to evalute, players time to prove that there good enough and club time to strike the right deal. UTR!

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Ethan Ampadu hasn’t traveled with the Chelsea squad, looks like he’s off out on loan somewhere.

Did Tomori go? Tomori and Ampadu would be ideal here but would still like us to sign a permanent CB who’s young. Bielek would be ideal

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Yes, he travelled. Ampadu and Gilmour are the "names" that didn't, so maybe loans for the two of them.

Ampadu in Midfield is a big yes but he is no CB for me.

Gilmour is there next big thing, Mason Mount esq. Would be a good coup as he is very highly rated and is a class player.

Archived