Preston North End vs Derby County Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just flicked through the last 45 mins on here and wish I hadn’t bothered.  Yes they have caused us some bother at corners, but otherwise we have been alright, not brilliant, but pitch conditions are not great. Hit the post twice, and Lawrence had a great chance.  Pity we didn’t go in one nil up. Anyway, carry on moaning (the normal suspects).

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Would be better with Stan Boardman up front. He could do all the scouser jokes, cuddle the opposition defenders, wink ? at everyone and get nowhere near the f in ball....also cheaper on wages.

Go on Dave prove me wrong and score the winner.✌️

??????

I don’t see why people are criticising Evans, he’s keeping things moving. I feel like he’s been relatively comfortable in the role considering he’s dealing with a team that’s swarming his position.

Tom Lawrence really needs to pass the ball, he’s wasting chances. 

We’re really missing Carsons distribution in this game, Roos hasn’t got his long ball dialled in enough.

Confident we finished the half better than the start of it.

3 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Absolutely baffled as to how Evans can get into the team ahead of Huddlestone. 

We had the setup right against reading, I know we’ve had a few injuries since then but I can’t fathom why Huddlestone has been dropped. It concerned me last night that we’d even contemplate selling him, and tonight’s made me seriously concerned that frank is blind to his impact, which is really worrying.

Just now, thelovebelow said:

Can't believe we sold Ince and got Lawrence in. 

He needs to pass the bloody ball.

PASS THE BALL 

Ince would have torn this league apart this league under lamps. I'm sure Lawrence has more in there somewhere, but Ince was better at passing, shooting, dribbling, crossing... Ya know, football.

I can't remember the sale/purchase discrepancy, but if Lawrence cost more than half what we sold Ince for we were ripped off.

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I see a poor team performance is being blamed on one of the two or three players actually trying stuff again. Good stuff.

Waghorn, Nugent, Bryson at least all may as well be at home and deserve far more stick. And you will not find a bigger defender of Bryson than me.

I don't think Lawrence has been our worst player. But his mistakes do, and always have, frustrated me more than most people's as they most commonly occur in a moment where we are in the ascendancy, charging up the field or pressuring their box. So he's as much a victim of circumstance than anything.

That being said, he needs to do better. ? 

Very concerning first half hour, but for all that, Preston have achieved very little.  

Last 15 mins was much more comfortable watching, and it has to be said, we're unlucky not to be going in a couple of goals ahead.

Maybe not vociferously, but I've been a constant backer of Tom Lawrence, but even I've noticed his inadequacies tonight.  He needs to stay behind after school, and learn how to shoot, if nothing else!

All in all, after that last 15 mins, I'm confident the second half will go our way... and It won't be a surprise if it's Wilson who proves the difference, he's been outstanding thus far.

Keep this going, Derby.  

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

We had the setup right against reading, I know we’ve had a few injuries since then but I can’t fathom why Huddlestone has been dropped. It concerned me last night that we’d even contemplate selling him, and tonight’s made me seriously concerned that frank is blind to his impact, which is really worrying.

Him and Holmes seem able to slow time or something. They always seem to have twice as long on the ball and never looked panicked

Just now, wixman1884 said:

Him and Holmes seem able to slow time or something. They always seem to have twice as long on the ball and never looked panicked

My favourite players for pretty much that reason. I’m a sucker for a footballer with that level of composure, it shows their understanding of the game. Sadly ones being wasted at right back and ones on the bench. Those two in midfield would be wonderful to watch.

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Very concerning first half hour, but for all that, Preston have achieved very little. 

Story of our season in terms of fan meltdown. Sounds like we’re not threatening a lot (away team) but not given Preston any clear cut chances?

(To clarify, not suggesting you’re having a meltdown!)

Lawrence looks like a player severely lacking in confidence. No. He's not having a great game in the final third, but he's not having a stinker.

His trickiness could easily get that Pearson lad sent off.

Can't help but feel he looks at Wilson and is just having a bit of an inferiority complex!

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I don't think Lawrence has been our worst player. But his mistakes do, and always have, frustrated me more than most people's as they most commonly occur in a moment where we are in the ascendancy, charging up the field or pressuring their box. So he's as much a victim of circumstance than anything.

That being said, he needs to do better. ? 

I just find the criticism (not necessarily from you) so so over the top. He does give the ball away a lot, he’s a winger and he tries creative stuff. Tonight generally his options have been passing to Waghorn and Nugent. May as well pass the ball to a trampoline the way they’re both going on.

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Jesus Tom Lawrence.

Give me a reason to stop only having negative opinions about you ffs.

I'm trying my best to just stop posting about him but duck.

New Forum feature, you can put a player on ignore, and no longer be able to post about him?

Defenders struggling but doing enough. 

Malone thinks he's Beckham. He's not

Holmes imo is our best attacking player that we own. He looks like our best attacking player being played at RB. He's giving it a good go but it's not ideal at all. 

Bryson bores me. Most his work is pointless. 

They should be afraid of Wilson

Evans doing ok. Got better towards the end

Waghorn just battling and little else

Nugent getting terrible service

Got nothing new to say about Lawrence. If I had to pick between watching him dribble and shoot or watching Bryson dig out a pointless pass then I'd blind myself. Zzz

Bit of a battle where a good game keeps threatening to break out. Then somebody does a donkey move for their team and it's back to a battle. 

Preston only a threat from the air really. Which suits us because we defend crosses so well....

Derby having the more productive attacks. Less of them though

Archived