Bogle

DCFC1388

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone recall Morris pre-season saying something along the lines of selling a player from the academy for £10 million ? 

Different subject but how much does it cost to fund a Cat 1 academy. Mel made lots of noises that our academy was going to be in the top dozen in Europe around the time of the planning application  - have the improvements been put on hold ?

The state of those replies on Twitter (and the one above me here).

Hes not good enough? He’s crap? He’s 18 years old FFS, first season as a pro and not at all looking out of place. He’s got a bright future ahead of him, wherever he ends up. 

If Derby fans can’t get behind one of there own, I truly despair. What a horrible attitude.

The absolute state of those replies - so many people who can't see the bushes for the trees and are blinded by impatience. If this season is to be a season of transition we should be doing all we can to keep him.

People wanting to sell an 18-year-old right back who has rightfully been first choice in that position, in his first full season of professional football and will only get better.

There's a reason Dyche, who has a very good eye for a defender is interested and sees him as both the present and the future.

35 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Different subject but how much does it cost to fund a Cat 1 academy. 

Towards £10m a year I believe, however the key point is that Academy funding does NOT count towards FFP however sale of players from the Academy DO count towards FFP.

So if you can afford to fund the running of an Academy that either provides you with first team players or valuable assets to sell on then most clubs consider it well worth doing ?

He’s got potential but at the moment I’d be surprised if Burnley went for him, he’s good on the ball but his defensive positioning leaves a lot to be desired. Nothing that can’t be taught however, and he’s definitely need replacing should he go so I’d only consider a big fee that allows us to build elsewhere. We could replace what he offers at the moment however, but must get value for his potential. He’s not prem ready so I’d be surprised if anything came from this.

Our other options at full-back show that he’s not doing as badly as might’ve been suggested. He’s not the finished article and has a hell of a lot to improve on, but how many players don’t at 18?

If the money’s right, he could well go though. Burnley would largely be buying potential and that’s the issue for Lampard. He has limited funds, and still has work to build his own side, so he might be keen for that money rather than to keep Bogle who could be fantastic in three or four years, when Lampard likely will not be here.

47 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

There's a reason Dyche, who has a very good eye for a defender is interested and sees him as both the present and the future.

The Dyche who spent £20m on Hendrick and Vyrda?

Oh yeah he's shrewd AF.

Our fullbacks have been grossly exposed this season. He has done well when he has played. As well as he can anyway.

The tactics make him look worse same with Wisdom. Leeds had a young full back starting one of his first games as a pro but beacause they play as a team and actually track back he was covered.

8m would be about right, comparing it to similar deals in the past such as Mings to Bournemouth. It'd be sad to see him go but it's still not clear whether he'll ever realise his potential. Flashes of absolute brilliance but also the weakest link in an already poor defence.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That 13 mil or whatever it was for Hendrick was the greatest heist since that group of OAPS went on a mad one

As much as I agree, which manager is it who is managing a team that is almost an established premier league side now?

I would love to be the club that wasted 13 million on Hendrick whilst sitting pretty in the prem.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

As much as I agree, which manager is it who is managing a team that is almost an established premier league side now?

I would love to be the club that wasted 13 million on Hendrick whilst sitting pretty in the prem.

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong dyche has done a brilliant job at Burnley and I’d much rather be in their position than ours. Just that deal was a robbery

Archived