Bogle

DCFC1388

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If some of you are basing your decision to sell on him not being good enough right now then you need your head sorting out. There is not an 18 year old out there who will be near their full potential. Not even Mbappe. I can see the potential in him. He will learn his defensive positioning with experience. 

If however, it's because financially we cant afford to turn said offer down then thats a different matter. 

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

Bogle for 8 mil and Vydra on loan back to us and snap their hands off. Bogle may turn out to be a Premier league player and even an England player one day but not whilst he plays for Derby. We don’t need potential, we do need proven championship quality. I hope the lad turns into a world beater but if Derby are to get out of our financial predicament and out of the championship. We need to take tough decisions and take sentiment out of the equation 

Sorry but I'm very glad you're not making decisions at the club if you'd snap their hands off for that.

10 hours ago, ossieram said:

Did he really want to go, or was he basically forced out by Rowett telling he wouldn't be getting a game?

Good point. I think he was keen to test himself in the Prem, and given the whole GR situation it was the right time. So a bit of both?

46 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Good point. I think he was keen to test himself in the Prem, and given the whole GR situation it was the right time. So a bit of both?

Not really how it happened. He told him that he is not in his plans and told him that Watford put a bid in for him. 

What he should have done? Say sorry I am staying to end up like Bojan at Stoke? Rowett engineered it to make it seem like he wanted out. But listen to the interviews. Rowett Bascislly wanted to get rid. Gary is an insecure narcissist and wanted rid of the players that may take from his spotlight. Five million. What a joke. Players from league one nobody has heard of are sold at that price.

10 hours ago, lrm14 said:

Sorry but I'm very glad you're not making decisions at the club if you'd snap their hands off for that.

I couldn’t possibly do a worse job than the decision makers over the last 3 years or so. Butterfield 4 mil, Johnson 5 mil, Blackman 3 mil, Anya 4 mil etc etc. All on long contracts plus high wages. Add to that the extension of contracts to players on loan and long term injured. That’s why we’re in a position where we have to consider selling our young talents 

23 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

The absolute state of those replies - so many people who can't see the bushes for the trees and are blinded by impatience. If this season is to be a season of transition we should be doing all we can to keep him.

People wanting to sell an 18-year-old right back who has rightfully been first choice in that position, in his first full season of professional football and will only get better.

There's a reason Dyche, who has a very good eye for a defender is interested and sees him as both the present and the future.

Unfortunately there is no room in the bushes due to the Leeds employees (Sorry a bit off thread)

8 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

The Wisdom that played in that position against Leeds 

Indeed. Wisdom looked so assured at left back but returned to his old clumsy, disoriented self in his more natural position.

Was it because it was Leeds? Is he a bottler?

8 million would be too much to turn down.

from what I’ve seen this season he is an excellent footballer but his awareness and positioning defensively need a lot of work to be a good full back at championship level. 

I honestly don’t think full back will be his best position in the future, I can see him playing further forward as his career progresses.

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Indeed. Wisdom looked so assured at left back but returned to his old clumsy, disoriented self in his more natural position.

Was it because it was Leeds? Is he a bottler?

I think part of it was him and Lowe were left exposed by the players in front of them in fairness. Not saying they played well but there was little in terms of support 

7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think part of it was him and Lowe were left exposed by the players in front of them in fairness. Not saying they played well but there was little in terms of support 

I agree to a point but it wasn't lack of support which got him tangled up in giving the penalty that never was and the most predictable booking of the night.

When he makes a mistake he lunges and it costs us.

I like the guy and there's a player in there but he needs to concentrate much better.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I agree to a point but it wasn't lack of support which got him tangled up in giving the penalty that never was and the most predictable booking of the night.

When he makes a mistake he lunges and it costs us.

I like the guy and there's a player in there but he needs to concentrate much better.

I like Wisdom also, he has missed a lot of games and is maybe still getting back to full speed, but out of a bad bunch on Friday night Wisdom and Bryson were stand out bad IMO

6 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

I like Wisdom also, he has missed a lot of games and is maybe still getting back to full speed, but out of a bad bunch on Friday night Wisdom and Bryson were stand out bad IMO

I thought Mount had his worst game for us as well, the game just seemed to pass him by. I was Very surprised he didn’t get subbed

Archived