Bogle

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Not all younger but around his age, many of them have won things with the English youth sides, currently playing in the premier league or in the champions league/Europa league. It’s a big call to say that he’ll play for England imo because he’s not even been called up for the England youth sides yet.

I can't think of any better , playing regularly , at his age . He really is underated by Derby fans.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I can't think of any better , playing regularly , at his age . He really is underated by Derby fans.

Wan Bissaka, Trent Alexander Arnold and Walker-Peters definitely are. Doesn't mean Bogle isn't a good player, he is.

51 minutes ago, northantsram said:

You say that but he's established himself as our best RB already at the age of 18 .. don't get me wrong we could get better and more experience for the money but he's one of our prized assets and reportably has interest from a number of prem teams Bournemouth and Burnley apparently. Whether or not we think he's worth 10m or 5m is irrelevant. Prices will be driven by hopefully a bidding war... these prem teams have so much money these days and 10m isn't much .. if they can get him performing in the prem over the next few years God knows what he would be worth. 

As a club we have had our pants down in the past and we can't afford to be seen as a club that will let our young talent go on the cheap.

So who you selling to allow us to bring players in then? Pretty obvious to me that over the last few windows players coming in have depended on players going out. 

£8m (reported in the sun) now is a hell of a lot of money to Derby. If Bogle breaks his leg in the next match we might not receive an offer like that again.

46 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Bogle is a good player, but some of those are top quality, England is blessed with right backs at the moment.

46 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Bogle is a good player, but some of those are top quality, England is blessed with right backs at the moment.

Most definitely, England are really blessed with young quality  right backs,  you can also add Max Aarons and Steven Sessengon to that list too. One thing they have over Bogle is that they have played in the England youth set ups before whereas Bogle doesn’t appear to be getting a look in with the youth sides due to the sheer quality. 

If we get anywhere near 8m then we have to say yes. Clearly we havent got much money to spend and that money can help strengthen a squad which is going to get weaker & smaller in the summer.

Yes he is 18 and its his first half of a season but he does make a lot of mistakes and is defensively poor. I still think Wisdom is much better defensively and given a consistant run would get back to his normal self, 2 games at LB then he got MOM which was well deserved. 

The academy is there to produce players we can eventually sell on. To say he can only get better and not to sell is too much of a gamble and is the reason for % sell ons n add ons to the deal.

I cannot think of any reason whatsoever why we should sell him at the moment.

It's his first season at this level and has by and large done very well. He needs to learn, and I'm happy that he does that here. We won't get anything near £10 million or some of the figures quoted. Coach him, improve him, play him and when his value is higher then sell if we want. Now isn't the right time.

31 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Wan Bissaka, Trent Alexander Arnold and Walker-Peters definitely are. Doesn't mean Bogle isn't a good player, he is.

TAA yes , I would bet on that if Bogle played in the Palace or Spurs team he would do as good as a job as either of them two. 

1 minute ago, VulcanRam said:

I cannot think of any reason whatsoever why we should sell him at the moment.

It's his first season at this level and has by and large done very well. He needs to learn, and I'm happy that he does that here. We won't get anything near £10 million or some of the figures quoted. Coach him, improve him, play him and when his value is higher then sell if we want. Now isn't the right time.

You seem confident his value will actually increase? Id say Will Hughes is a much better player and his value decreased massively over the years.

8m+ and its an absolute no brainer.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

You seem confident his value will actually increase? Id say Will Hughes is a much better player and his value decreased massively over the years.

8m+ and its an absolute no brainer.

And what makes you think we'd get anything like £8 million for a teenage who has had half a season in the first team?

Why with more games etc wouldn't his value increase.

Will Hughes isn't a good example. We undersold due to a number of circumstances, mostly that he wanted to go and we only had one bidder.

3 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

And what makes you think we'd get anything like £8 million for a teenage who has had half a season in the first team?

Why with more games etc wouldn't his value increase.

Will Hughes isn't a good example. We undersold due to a number of circumstances, mostly that he wanted to go and we only had one bidder.

Im going off the quoted transfer figure that this thread is based on.

With more games his value may decrease as his weaknesses get more exposed, not everyones price increases the more they play.

You say Hughes is a bad example but for me its an example of a player who had high rumoured transfer values and decreased which could easily happen again. You also say about the circumstances, its clear our current circumstance is that we need to sell to be able to spend.

First of all I would be amazed if any Premier league teams are interested in Bogle, I am not looking to pick a fight here and I am not a bad fan either for having an opinion. My opinion is as follows....Bogle being our regular RB this season has cost us in a big way, I think he has shown very little if any ability to head a ball, tackle, or stop a cross. The only game I remember him playing fairly well was Forest, we have little option but to play him based on our squad depth and financial restrictions. I am genuinely interested to know what people see in him (other than the fact he is 18) that mean any Premier club would want to invest multiple millions in purchasing him? 

I can see your reasoning to some extent. Chelsea picked up Ampadu for 2.3 million, due to his age it went to a tribunal. Both are young inexperienced players with loads of potential, and a Premier league team may pay over the odds to buy that potential.

My argument would be that neither of them are what we need to get out of this division. So I am happy to sell Bogle if the funds will allow us to bring in some players with experience, also not bothered about missing out on Ampadu.

38 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

TAA yes , I would bet on that if Bogle played in the Palace or Spurs team he would do as good as a job as either of them two. 

Bogle is absolutely nowhere near their level but agree to disagree mate and I respect your opinion. Bogle isn’t even a guaranteed starter over Wisdom, whilst Walker-Peters went to the camp nou with spurs against Barcelona and but for one mistake, did well. My personal opinion is that we have a tendency to overrated our youngsters. Even Lowe is a long way away yet from being a good left back. We are so desperate for another Will Hughes type youngster to come out of the system when they might simply not be there.

I’ll be honest, I’m not a huge fan of Bogle defensively or offensively so if we got a very good offer, I’d be inclined to take it and improve in other areas of the team.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Im going off the quoted transfer figure that this thread is based on.

With more games his value may decrease as his weaknesses get more exposed, not everyones price increases the more they play.

You say Hughes is a bad example but for me its an example of a player who had high rumoured transfer values and decreased which could easily happen again. You also say about the circumstances, its clear our current circumstance is that we need to sell to be able to spend.

Firstly, I think you're taking an unnecessarily negative view if your assumption is that his value will only go down having played just half a season. Whatever he is worth now, and it's nowhere near £8 million, his value should only go up the more he plays because he will become a better player with good coaching and more experience. He has shown enough already that he has a lot of talent. I take what you say about his value could go down, but he's come into the first team and played half a season straight off. That suggests there is plenty in there already but more to come. It's not like your Callum Balls of this world who knock on the door for ages, have a couple of games and disappear. (Sorry B4).

Secondly I don't think we need to sell to spend in this window, on the basis that anyone coming in at this stage will be a loan.

In the summer, enough players are out of contract to have a significant affect on what Frank's spending budget will be.

Added to that, and someone who knows far more about it that I do will be able to tell us, doesn't the current FFP cycle end in the summer?

All of that said, you're right that if someone comes along and offers £8 million for Bogle up front, yes of course we'd be stupid not to seriously consider it. I'm basing my argument on it not being the case as I don't believe anything I read the Sun, Mail or Mirror. I can't see that we'd get any more than £2 to £2.5 up front and that isn't enough to sell considering his potential and what we'd need to pay for a replacement.

Archived