Bogle

DCFC1388

46 minutes ago, northantsram said:

Why on earth would we accept a low offer for an 18 year old with a lot of potential ...   if you think 5m allows us to do the business we need to do in January and ease any potential FFP worries for the summer then your smoking crack mate.

Because at this stage that’s all it is.......potential. If somebody slapped down £5m the club would accept it in a heart beat. £10m from Vydra in the summer allowed us to bring in 4/5 players. Why wouldn’t £5m help with recruitment now?! We’ve got 8 players out of contract in the summer, we need to start replacing and it’s not going to be with superstars, we’re going to be shopping in the lower leagues again for while.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Amplified by Tomoris inability to defend a cross. 

You know Bogle can't stop a cross, Tomori doesn't stand in the right place, we have had three left backs this season, Wisdom bar one or two games has been truly awful and we're probably the smallest team in the league - I genuinely feel sorry for Keogh.

If it's anywhere near that sort of free I think we should take it with a sell on clause. He's a good young player with potential but I'm extremely surprised that they're interested. 

In summary, decent enough on the ball and links up well going forward. However, I genuinely can't remember him making a tackle or stopping a cross all season. 

I think people need to understand where we are and if we cashed in for that sort of price it'd enable us to sign 2/3 players. We'll be very short come may when all the loan players go back and we get no income from releasing half the squad. I think Frank's record has proven he can find them, I'd certainly look at a replacement in his position, a centre half and possibly a central midfield player. 

40 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Really can't believe the amount of poo young Bogle gets ! We really do have some uneducated and inept fans . The guys 18 to me of our own and playing well . He's our best full back at the club , he's streets ahead of Max Lowe already , the Southampton game proved that . He's just become a scapegoat because his weakest area is blocking crosses . That I imagine he's working on in training everyday. It's no coincidence premier League clubs are watching him. He WILL play for England one day. 

I’m really not sure he will play ever for England, although it would be nice for us as a club if he did. There’s at least 5 or 6 young English right  backs ahead of him. England are pretty stacked in the right back area

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I’m really not sure he will play ever for England, although it would be nice for us as a club if he did. There’s at least 5 or 6 young English right  backs ahead of him. England are pretty stacked in the right back area

5 or 6 better younger right backs ?

37 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

5 or 6 better younger right backs ?

Not all younger but around his age, many of them have won things with the English youth sides, currently playing in the premier league or in the champions league/Europa league. It’s a big call to say that he’ll play for England imo because he’s not even been called up for the England youth sides yet.

I am all for keeping our younger players however according to FL there is no money in the pot to spend,so i would take 8m plus add ons and reinvest in the team.We need desperately a new centre half and a better holding midfielder the rest i think were ok

Tomori as played right back and pretty good by all accounts,Danny Drinkwater on loan is also a good shout

30 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Think they were better deals for us

Really? Maybe? Hendrick plays regularly in the premiership in side that stays up extremely good value for them - Vydra won't lose money for Burnley and whilst a bit part at the moment he is contributing 

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Because at this stage that’s all it is.......potential. If somebody slapped down £5m the club would accept it in a heart beat. £10m from Vydra in the summer allowed us to bring in 4/5 players. Why wouldn’t £5m help with recruitment now?! We’ve got 8 players out of contract in the summer, we need to start replacing and it’s not going to be with superstars, we’re going to be shopping in the lower leagues again for while.

You say that but he's established himself as our best RB already at the age of 18 .. don't get me wrong we could get better and more experience for the money but he's one of our prized assets and reportably has interest from a number of prem teams Bournemouth and Burnley apparently. Whether or not we think he's worth 10m or 5m is irrelevant. Prices will be driven by hopefully a bidding war... these prem teams have so much money these days and 10m isn't much .. if they can get him performing in the prem over the next few years God knows what he would be worth. 

As a club we have had our pants down in the past and we can't afford to be seen as a club that will let our young talent go on the cheap.

It's all very well saying sell, but who's available for us to buy that can improve us in that position? Currently, Bogle is one of our better fullbacks, is only 18 and has been good this season. Unless the money gets too high to resist, do not sell.

31 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not all younger but around his age, many of them have won things with the English youth sides, currently playing in the premier league or in the champions league/Europa league. It’s a big call to say that he’ll play for England imo because he’s not even been called up for the England youth sides yet.

Tbf the likes of Wan Bissaka and Trent Alexander-Arnold being of a similar age to Bogle means he will struggle to play for England.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Tbf the likes of Wan Bissaka and Trent Alexander-Arnold being of a similar age to Bogle means he will struggle to play for England.

Reece James, Maitland-Niles,  Walker-Peters and Jonjo Kenny too. Joe Gomez and Stones can fill it at rb as well.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Reece James, Maitland-Niles,  Walker-Peters and Jonjo Kenny too. Joe Gomez and Stones can fill it at rb as well.

Bogle is a good player, but some of those are top quality, England is blessed with right backs at the moment.

Archived