Bogle

DCFC1388

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

£10m? Some of you are on crack. He’s got a lot of potential but that’s it at the minute, be looking more around £5m plus a sell on fee and id snap your hand off.

I honestly think he wouldn't go for much more than £2mn at this stage. Loads of potential but with young players it's very hard to know the extent to which they'll kick on or not.  I think it's easy to get blinded by him being one of ours. But to an outsider I don't think he'd be worth much more than £2mn plus add-ons with a sell-on clause

16 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Our fullbacks have been grossly exposed this season. He has done well when he has played. As well as he can anyway.

The tactics make him look worse same with Wisdom. Leeds had a young full back starting one of his first games as a pro but beacause they play as a team and actually track back he was covered.

Leeds had a 27 (Ayling)and 26 (Alioski) year old playing full back.  Near on 8 years more experience than our fullbacks 

2 minutes ago, Gritty said:

I honestly think he wouldn't go for much more than £2mn at this stage. Loads of potential but with young players it's very hard to know the extent to which they'll kick on or not.  I think it's easy to get blinded by him being one of ours. But to an outsider I don't think he'd be worth much more than £2mn plus add-ons with a sell-on clause

Let me just say... We paid £4m for Wisdom. 

6 minutes ago, Gritty said:

At £2m would we be able to get a better replacement? I don't think this will happen because his worth to an outside club is less than his value to the team now and his potential future value.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

At £2m would we be able to get a better replacement? I don't think this will happen because his worth to an outside club is less than his value to the team now and his potential future value.

Completely agree. I wouldn't sell at anything less than £5mn. But I'm not sure we'll get offered that

I have been critical of him at times on here but always from the viewpoint that he had much to learn about the art of defending.

There is no doubt he is going to be a good player and for 18 he has done remarkably well.

I wish him every success either here or where he goes next.

1 hour ago, Gritty said:

5 years ago I’d have agreed with you but not now. You’d struggle to pick up a league one player who’s any good for 2mil these days, as much as I don’t think Bogle is worth it to be able to replace with quality and make some money you’re looking at no less that £7mil at least.

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

£10m? Some of you are on crack. He’s got a lot of potential but that’s it at the minute, be looking more around £5m plus a sell on fee and id snap your hand off.

Why on earth would we accept a low offer for an 18 year old with a lot of potential ...   if you think 5m allows us to do the business we need to do in January and ease any potential FFP worries for the summer then your smoking crack mate.

Really can't believe the amount of poo young Bogle gets ! We really do have some uneducated and inept fans . The guys 18 to me of our own and playing well . He's our best full back at the club , he's streets ahead of Max Lowe already , the Southampton game proved that . He's just become a scapegoat because his weakest area is blocking crosses . That I imagine he's working on in training everyday. It's no coincidence premier League clubs are watching him. He WILL play for England one day. 

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Really can't believe the amount of poo young Bogle gets ! We really do have some uneducated and inept fans . The guys 18 to me of our own and playing well . He's our best full back at the club , he's streets ahead of Max Lowe already , the Southampton game proved that . He's just become a scapegoat because his weakest area is blocking crosses . That I imagine he's working on in training everyday. It's no coincidence premier League clubs are watching him. He WILL play for England one day. 

Amplified by Tomoris inability to defend a cross. 

54 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

5 years ago I’d have agreed with you but not now. You’d struggle to pick up a league one player who’s any good for 2mil these days, as much as I don’t think Bogle is worth it to be able to replace with quality and make some money you’re looking at no less that £7mil at least.

Holmes seems pretty good (even at RB) and he was £300k to £600k. Marriott was 3.5m and has made an instant impact.

Directly or indirectly, Bogle has cost us a significant amount of goals this season. Infact between him and Carson there are probably 12-15 goals where they could and should have done better.

I Honestly don't care about the age or being one of our own. I care if players are good enough. I want to get into the PL now, so saying Bogle will be good in 5 years time doesn't help us for now.

(To everyone) I respect others views if you believe he is good enough but don't go criticising the ever growing least of people who are getting fed up of his mistakes.

Archived