'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Alaw said:

Leeds fan in peace!

It's been very interesting reading all of your take on this and also watching the media circus that all this has generated. A few points really from a Leeds fan's point of view.

1) One of your posters likened this to a woman being touched up by a film producer and being told to shut up. It's really NOT comparable, not in any way, sense, shape or form, I do hope the majority of you guys know that!

2) It would have been better all round if this hadn't happened. That said, it has. I hope we just get a rap on the knuckles but given the FA and FL's record with us, there's no saying what might happen in terms of fallout.

3) Some have suggested that Bielsa intended his "spy" to be caught. I seriously doubt it. We have limited experience with him, but the guy's an honourable obsessive, two aspects of his personality that have probably clashed here to all our detriment. He doesn't leave any stone unturned in his quest for perfection. I think that's exactly how he's seen it and the subsequent reaction to all of this will have taken him by surprise, but he'd never have denied involvement in a million years. I expect he'll be (sadly) long gone from our club well before we're even near properly understanding him. 

4) This really has been blown up out of all proportion. From what I've read, your goalie said that training had been halted for a couple of minutes, but that was it and that they didn't know what was going on. That some folk in the media are calling for point deductions and a replay behind closed doors is mental. I also think that Sky have been pushing a huge agenda in this regard if you look at the contribution of all their pundits. No, it's not savoury, let's be honest, but there are vast amounts of other things in football equally, or more unsavoury that consistently go unmentioned. A true "moral panic" in football land. 

5) Your Frank has handled this really badly. He's managed to come over as a badly-done-to victim, as has your team, looking at the way they performed on Friday, when I'm certain there must have been a way to turn this to your club's advantage in a more productive way. He looked like he was going to start crying on interviews. I've no idea what's gone on there as I really liked him as a player and I understand that he's a clever guy. We played well on Friday, one of our best performances of the season, but that was assisted by your guys not really turning up at all and I was massively surprised by that. I thought you'd be at us all guns blazing and give us a real challenge as you doubtless have some very talented players and a much larger budget than us. I don't think for a second that was down to a guy in some bushes. If it was, something's seriously up.

6) Bielsa to us is like the second coming. We have had numerous horrendous, corrupt owners that have consistently screwed the club and fans for years.  They've appointed useless managers on the cheap (just look up Dave Hockaday for example) and we've had to tolerate additional crap from the authorities mostly in response to these owners and that has galvanised our support like you wouldn't believe. We finally have an incredible manager who has managed to turn a team of average players last season into a team that play football passionately for each other, no holds barred, no energy spared. Of course we're going to defend Bielsa to the absolute hilt. The guy's a genius.

Either Frank will learn or he won't, but he needs to do this quickly. You do have the fan base and resources so I've no doubt your time will come. I'm not certain it'll be this season though. As a Leeds fan I'm not certain this will be our season either but so far it's a hell of a ride and we have waited a long time for it. All the best guys xx

I'd pick you up on the budget thing, we've had to sell to buy last season and this and its my understanding Bielsa could have had some transfers but actually felt you had the core of a good team. Our massive wage bill is the product of bad mistakes hanging around contributing nada that don't want to give up the  good money for the sake of playing. We spent big  a few years ago but it's much more rational now.

you've made some good points though and thanks for your contribution. My main beef is exactly that Lampard and the team handled it badly - if we'd given it our best on your performance you'd probably still have won but we'd have made you work fir it. At our best we're not that far off you (I believe) , but we've no showed in both our games against leeds and only been at our best in parts of games.

10 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

They're for getting guitar strings off. 

I borrow the neighbour's loppers if I need to get through fences and stuff. 

Ah, the truth will out! Now we know why you're so ambivalent to bar steward Bielsa's brazen bullpoo. Spill the beans then... does he pay well?

20 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd pick you up on the budget thing, we've had to sell to buy last season and this and its my understanding Bielsa could have had some transfers but actually felt you had the core of a good team. Our massive wage bill is the product of bad mistakes hanging around contributing nada that don't want to give up the  good money for the sake of playing. We spent big  a few years ago but it's much more rational now.

you've made some good points though and thanks for your contribution. My main beef is exactly that Lampard and the team handled it badly - if we'd given it our best on your performance you'd probably still have won but we'd have made you work fir it. At our best we're not that far off you (I believe) , but we've no showed in both our games against leeds and only been at our best in parts of games.

Fair enough - I can't claim to be an expert on your financial situation, I'm just very used to us being a "big club" who seems to spend sod all year on year compared to everyone else. For example when we brought Bielsa in we were convinced we'd bring in some quality too - I mean why bring in a manager of his calibre without the requisite tools? We brought in Douglas (currently injured again), admittedly a steal at less than 3m  and financed Bamford by selling a very promising midfielder in Vieira to a club in Spain for about the same as Bamford cost. Bar a couple of underwhelming loans that was it. With a distinctly average squad the season before, we were outraged. We didn't factor in the difference a great manager can make because we just hadn't had one in decades. I cannot believe the difference Bielsa has made to our players and their quality of play, it is nothing short of staggering. I think that's the main difference between us, and no way before this season would I have known what a massive difference a manager can make. Frank had a huge amount of hype when he came in. That, coupled with his inexperience hasn't helped him ultimately so far. He needs to learn quick - sorry if I sound patronising. You've seen the difference between us this and last season - it's world's apart.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Good point raised on the football weekly podcast....is spying on someone worse than say, the manager watering the pitch before a big European tie to make the pitch unplayable.? 

Depends, innit. If it's Derby watering the pitch, well it was looking a tad sparse. If it's Leeds, then they're cheating, horrible ****s, obviously. 

52 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Depends, innit. If it's Derby watering the pitch, well it was looking a tad sparse. If it's Leeds, then they're cheating, horrible ****s, obviously. 

If you play on sand you may as well have a bit off sea to have a paddle in .  I think if anything we were being overly polite.

47 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Good point raised on the football weekly podcast....is spying on someone worse than say, the manager watering the pitch before a big European tie to make the pitch unplayable.? 

Watering the pitch applies to both teams though, likewise making the pitch shorter. It is a risk based on what the manager thinks would better suit his players. I guess that just falls into home advantage. Spying can only possibly be of benefit to the side doing the spying. 

There are already many crappy elements in modern football and I don't like to think how far some would push the spying if this how saga was just brushed under the carpet.

As an aside, I recall an fa cup match under Mac, and they had allowed a camera in the dressing room at half time. Now you couldn't hear anything but one pundit was not happy, saying that should remain a sacred place. Is a pre match training session any different?

Just because some don't care doesn't mean those that do are wrong. Football has few morals left, I wouldn't like this happening to any team in this country. 

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

We’re playing the victim here, have some support for us. ?

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Is it ok to dodge paying your tax because someone you know once fiddled their social security?

yeah, course it is!

3 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

The implication there is that the police revealed information to the club that they didn't make publicly available. 

Is that what happens?

If it is crucial evidence in an impeding case, then information might not be forthcoming until after any investigation.

Police will not release information that might be of insignificance due to it potentially damaging any legal claim that might be coming.

Derby would be informed as it could influence what they actually do about it.

Having a pair of pliers on your possession is not a crime unless they are used or intended for use in a crime. (The latter would be very difficult to prove).

Archived