'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I'd be more worried about the guys with the ability to dock points than those paid to talk rubbish ?

I'm not worried about either.  Just thought you might like to take your black and white glasses off for a moment and get some perspective from people who aren't emotionally involved in the matter.  Almost everyone I've spoken about this of the non Derby/Leeds persuasion thinks it's funny and a total non-story.  I actually think it's a farce that the authorities are investigating it.  Bloke was on public land.  He had every bloody right to be there.  What a waste of time and effort.

1 minute ago, Pub Breath said:

I'm not worried about either

Then why are you still here arguing about it, if it's nothing to be worried about?

1 minute ago, Pub Breath said:

He had every bloody right to be there

If he had every bloody right to be there, why was he acting so suspiciously the police were called, and following that, why are the EFL and FA investigating it, if it's as you say, and he had every right to be there?

Just now, Andicis said:

Then why are you still here arguing about it, if it's nothing to be worried about?

If he had every bloody right to be there, why was he acting so suspiciously the police were called, and following that, why are the EFL and FA investigating it, if it's as you say, and he had every right to be there?

Are you suggesting that a man on a public road does not have a right to be there then?  I'm off out for a run in a minute but i'm getting a bit concerned now....

2 minutes ago, Pub Breath said:

Are you suggesting that a man on a public road does not have a right to be there then?  I'm off out for a run in a minute but i'm getting a bit concerned now....

Christ, there is no point arguing with you, since you're very clearly trolling. You missed out the actual point I was making.

Just now, Pub Breath said:

I'm not worried about either.  Just thought you might like to take your black and white glasses off for a moment and get some perspective from people who aren't emotionally involved in the matter.  Almost everyone I've spoken about this of the non Derby/Leeds persuasion thinks it's funny and a total non-story.  I actually think it's a farce that the authorities are investigating it.  Bloke was on public land.  He had every bloody right to be there.  What a waste of time and effort.

Prior to posting that the EFL had now launched a formal investigation an hour or so ago the only comment I had made in this thread was back on back 36;

'I've been following this thread without commenting therefore you weren't replying to me but personally speaking I would be hugely disappointed if my team stooped so low.  I believe it crosses moral and ethical boundaries and I fully expect the FA to issue a warning/rap on the knuckles/fine/whatever and tighten up the rules going forwards. 

Surely it goes without saying that all teams have the right to privacy up until they hand their team sheets in prior to kick off?  Turning a blind eye to it only leads to someone pushing the boundaries in the future and flying a drone over a training ground or bugging a dressing room.

As for players cheating, its a bit like being drunk and disorderly in the street - most of the time the authorities turn a blind eye until the point where it becomes the norm ?

As a low league snooker player myself I am constantly impressed when players call fouls on themselves for stuff no one else would ever notice.  I guess its asking for to much to change football now-a-days but when something like 'spygate' happens we either deal with it to ensure it doesn't become the norm or sit back and watch as t it slowly gets worse.'

For clarity, my opinion is that anyone that thinks is a joke or a non-story is missing the wider implications of letting it slide.  What actions the EFL/FA take will be up to them but I expect to see the rules tightened up moving forwards to prevent this from happening again.  I'd find the whole situation repugnant whoever had been spied on.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Christ, there is no point arguing with you, since you're a very clearly trolling. You missed out the actual point I was making.

The FA and EFL are investigating because clearly, there is an argument to say that the game has been brought into disrepute. That's for them to decide and its their interpretation that matters.  It still doesn't change the fact that we're talking about sending a bloke to watch a training game from a public road.  He had every right to do that and I think it was fair game to send him.  Out of interest:

https://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3890/england/2014/08/18/5042619/premier-league-fine-crystal-palace-over-spygate-scandal

From a £25K in the PL to a points deduction in the EFL?  You reckon?

Shows you what a nothing story this is.  It's only big because it involves everyone's favourite pantomime villain.  Bet you barely recall the Palace story?

4 minutes ago, Pub Breath said:

He was found on a public road? Oh well, I didn’t realise.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Forgive my ignorance, but are there any foot paths directly along the perimeter fencing of Moor Farm?

If not, it’s trespass isn’t it? Maybe not against the club, but the owners field?

See the image below.  The red lines signify public roads/paths.

The pitches used are the ones left-most of the bordered area, underneath the "Derby Football Academy" marker.  

On 14/01/2019 at 12:48, Ghost of Clough said:

Spy.thumb.JPG.30ee4bcd843c21186a80ca5774850cd1.JPG

The small section of the public road closest to the training pitch looks like the below (in the summer)

On 14/01/2019 at 12:40, rynny said:

Seen a few people say if he was watching from the road then it isn't an issue. The view from the road is this all around the training centre, so any one still think it isn't a big deal? 

Screenshot_20190114-122655.jpg

However, as @reveldevil pointed out, at this time of the year, you can see the pitches from the road.

20 hours ago, reveldevil said:

The pitch directly between the academy building and the road can be, it had some dummies set up near the goalmouth when I went past.

The pitches below that can be clearly seen from the road, I saw some coaches on there setting up for the day.

I reckon they use the bottom one, which is relatively exposed and easy to view.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

See the image below.  The red lines signify public roads/paths.

The pitches used are the ones left-most of the bordered area, underneath the "Derby Football Academy" marker.  

The small section of the public road closest to the training pitch looks like the below (in the summer)

However, as @reveldevil pointed out, at this time of the year, you can see the pitches from the road.

This area is now where the full sized Pride Park mock up pitch is situated. The same hybrid grass as PP too, maybe they were over here?C9B7F901-EC92-44A8-8AC4-60A91936A143.thumb.jpeg.7a09839a095b27c4ee0ce9f4a50d8eda.jpeg

40 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Any talk of pliers, public space etc etc etc takes away from disturbing Derby’s match prep, that they gained info on team selection a day  before a game which could influence their team selection and that it was a pre meditated action. Everything else is by the by

The most significant impact on the team was probably from the way Frank reacted, though.

Instead of using it to gear them up for a fight, he got all upset and we bottled it. 

Just now, Lambchop said:

The most significant impact on the team was probably from the way Frank reacted, though.

Instead of using it to gear them up for a fight, he got all upset and we bottled it. 

Do you seriously think he didn’t use this as a mode of motivation?

Its not his fault they wimped out.

Come on, try harder.

1 minute ago, Lambchop said:

Frank reacted with indignation and that’s the way he felt. 

Knowing Wilson was not playing helped them .

If only we had known Hernandez was not going to be out. 

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’m actually thinking it’s the one below now, ?

I think you're right, it wasn't so close to the road. I don't think you can see the pitches from Locko Rd without trespassing, either on our land or the farm in the corner.

Archived